• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

Paul O Keefe said it was nonsense but if I was Chelsea I would be putting the feelers out already in case things don't improve soon

Chelsea are sticking with Potter apparently so the Poch link sounds like BS anyway.

Not really. If you can sack him and get an elite replacement in like Poch, you do. If your only option is Jesse Marsch, then you probably don't. So sounding him out and getting a cold response probably guided the decision to give Potter a few more weeks.

Not really. If you can sack him and get an elite replacement in like Poch, you do. If your only option is Jesse Marsch, then you probably don't. So sounding him out and getting a cold response probably guided the decision to give Potter a few more weeks.

With all due respect to Poch who I love BTW, the shoot out for the Chelsea job would not be just between him and Jesse Marsch

As much as I hate them its a huge job, they seem set with this project with Potter at the minute but if he goes there would be many suiters

Poch isn't elite though. He's won a league and cup with psg and that's it. Zidane is elite.

Poch isn't elite though. He's won a league and cup with psg and that's it. Zidane is elite.

Zidane is elite with elite players, just like Ancelotti, both very similar in able to make a talented squad work while reasonably flexible with the system
Pep is more like Klopp & Conte, can be elite level with exactly the right players for the system

Said it before, managers fit a moment, Pep would not have achieved Howe's results with that Saudi Sportswashing Machine squad, or beaten Pool 5-2 with that Madrid squad.

Poch was the man for a moment in Spurs, right place, time, squad makeup, made sense.

Zidane is elite with elite players, just like Ancelotti, both very similar in able to make a talented squad work while reasonably flexible with the system
Pep is more like Klopp & Conte, can be elite level with exactly the right players for the system

Said it before, managers fit a moment, Pep would not have achieved Howe's results with that Saudi Sportswashing Machine squad, or beaten Pool 5-2 with that Madrid squad.

Poch was the man for a moment in Spurs, right place, time, squad makeup, made sense.

Not debating who is the better manager out of Poch and Zidane here but I also think Zidane had an element of right man right place right time, could walk in with his achievements and lay them on the table and command respect, especially with his Real record. Done phenomenally well there no doubt. But he needs another move and a totally different set of scenarios to tell if he is as elite as someone like Ancelotti who has been round the block and done it more than once

FqPPocgWAAAXnFe

Back