• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

Happy birthday, boss. :)

50 today - here's to the greatest manager we've had in my lifetime, and I hope it's clearer with every grinding week what an incredible job he did and how much he strained against the soul-crushing reality of our model under ENIC to let us dream.

Happy birthday, boss. :)

50 today - here's to the greatest manager we've had in my lifetime, and I hope it's clearer with every grinding week what an incredible job he did and how much he strained against the soul-crushing reality of our model under ENIC to let us dream.

To the delight of many no doubt, time for me to pipe up and say (as I did at the time, as I did in 2018, as I did post-CL Final summer of 2019) that we fudged it by not giving him the chance to rebuild again. fudged it. Royally. If the incredible job he did was not recognized at the time then I cannot fathom such vision.

Last edited:
To the delight of many non doubt, time for me to pipe up and say (as I did at the time, as I did in 2018, as I did post-CL Final summer of 2019) that we fudged it by not giving him the chance to rebuild again. fudged it. Royally. If the incredible job he did was not recognized at the time then I cannot fathom such vision.

Sacking him was always and will always be Levy's greatest mistake. He gave us five years and turned down Madrid and the informal approaches of United.

We f*cked him off for f*cking Mourinho because hiring Jose on a Hail Mary was cheaper than the squad overhaul Poch demanded.

Now Levy is sitting here, two and a half years after that fateful decision, and everything is just...gone. The magic around the club is gone. The optimism is gone. The romance is gone. The connection between the fans and the team is gone. The team has crumbled and become even worse. And he is sitting here, without even any stadium naming rights, watching us wallow in mid-table.

I know he doesn't care about Spurs one bit compared to protecting Joe Lewis' wallet from ever opening, but I hope even he sees hoe much his mediocrity and preference for the cheap option f*cked us. Penny wish, pound foolish.

ENIC were blinded by the light, thought Poch's successes were theirs, thought they were Billy Big B*llocks. Turns out Levy is what he has always been - a mediocre Mr. Byrite salesman in it to skim the profit off of when his boss, Joe Lewis, sells the club. And he couldn' t handle it.

Honestly, I feel much the same way now as I did the day he was sacked - that was the day the music died.

Sacking him was always and will always be Levy's greatest mistake. He gave us five years and turned down Madrid and the informal approaches of United.

We f*cked him off for f*cking Mourinho because hiring Jose on a Hail Mary was cheaper than the squad overhaul Poch demanded.

Now Levy is sitting here, two and a half years after that fateful decision, and everything is just...gone. The magic around the club is gone. The optimism is gone. The romance is gone. The connection between the fans and the team is gone. The team has crumbled and become even worse. And he is sitting here, without even any stadium naming rights, watching us wallow in mid-table.

I know he doesn't care about Spurs one bit compared to protecting Joe Lewis' wallet from ever opening, but I hope even he sees hoe much his mediocrity and preference for the cheap option f*cked us. Penny wish, pound foolish.

ENIC were blinded by the light, thought Poch's successes were theirs, thought they were Billy Big B*llocks. Turns out Levy is what he has always been - a mediocre Mr. Byrite salesman in it to skim the profit off of when his boss, Joe Lewis, sells the club. And he couldn' t handle it.

Honestly, I feel much the same way now as I did the day he was sacked - that was the day the music died.
Conte

Last edited:

Have to admit I was all for hiring Jose and felt maybe Poch had reached his limit and we couldn't wins things with him, a rich man's Martin Jol if you will. How stupid I feel. I totally misread the end, I thought he was sulking at not getting the Utd job, but he instead was fed up with our exceptional ways in the transfer market. Will never forgive Levy for the way he didn't listen to Poch and Paul Mitchell for that matter.

Have to admit I was all for hiring Jose and felt maybe Poch had reached his limit and we couldn't wins things with him, a rich man's Martin Jol if you will. How stupid I feel. I totally misread the end, I thought he was sulking at not getting the Utd job, but he instead was fed up with our exceptional ways in the transfer market. Will never forgive Levy for the way he didn't listen to Poch and Paul Mitchell for that matter.

You're a brave person for admitting that. Much respect.

Although at the time I thought sacking poch was wrong in hindsight i think it was for the best.
But jose was never ever the right man for us.
Levy biggest mistake imho.

A fair view. I don’t agree with all of it, but certainly a fair take.

I think him and levy needed a break from each other, it was better to happen then than later on when it may have become acrimonious and bitter.
They obviously still have a good regard for each and the door is open to a return.

First off, I love Poch and what he was able to do for the club. I miss that feeling of things feeling like they were headed in the right direction, I truly do.

What I will dispute is this idea that executing “rebuild” would have lead us to new heights (the next height being that seemingly unreachable level of glory we so crave).

Every club in existence is looking to improve, season upon season. That’s the point of being a club; are there any clubs out there actively looking to get worse?

To me it seems a gross oversimplification to say in hindsight “if only we’d have gone for the rebuild with Poch!!” as if we weren’t looking to improve at every transfer window with him under the helm. It’s a fanciful term at best,

First off, I love Poch and what he was able to do for the club. I miss that feeling of things feeling like they were headed in the right direction, I truly do.

What I will dispute is this idea that executing “rebuild” would have lead us to new heights (the next height being that seemingly unreachable level of glory we so crave).

Every club in existence is looking to improve, season upon season. That’s the point of being a club; are there any clubs out there actively looking to get worse?

To me it seems a gross oversimplification to say in hindsight “if only we’d have gone for the rebuild with Poch!!” as if we weren’t looking to improve at every transfer window with him under the helm. It’s a fanciful term at best,

No guarantees that even if poch stayed it would have worked out.
If there was some bad feeling swirling about between him and levy, then it was akways doomed. Even if they get over that i think expectations had been raised to unrealistic levels, especially with Dembele, Wanyama, Eriksen and toby all missing.

We all take different things from our support of the club, i personally would rather have the feel good factor, sense of belonging and being part something along with the near misses and good football than the odd cup win but toxic anarchy of a jose tenure.
As a generally pessimistic and cynical person i have an optimistic outlook when it comes spurs in a medium to long term view.
Never so much in the short term ;).

I think him and levy needed a break from each other, it was better to happen then than later on when it may have become acrimonious and bitter.
They obviously still have a good regard for each and the door is open to a return.

The critical -critical- unforgivable error happened post-CL Final. The frost and sadness was deep. That was the moment to say goodbye (if there was ever a moment to be fair). Instead, they had a 'come to Jesus (not Perez!)' meeting a month or so after the Final and agreed to carry on. The results of that decision have been devastating for this club and us. Had they parted that summer, whoever came in would've had a great slate to work with, abundant coffers and still the cache of being a CL Finalist for attraction. Instead we did the worst thing we could. We spent big money on players he wanted and subsequently sacked him anyway.

P.S. FWIW I would’ve complained bitterly then too!!!!! But I’d have been wrong.

The critical -critical- unforgivable error happened post-CL Final. The frost and sadness was deep. That was the moment to say goodbye (if there was ever a moment to be fair). Instead, they had a 'come to Jesus (not Perez!)' meeting a month or so after the Final and agreed to carry on. The results of that decision have been devastating for this club and us. Had they parted that summer, whoever came in would've had a great slate to work with, abundant coffers and still the cache of being a CL Finalist for attraction. Instead we did the worst thing we could. We spent big money on players he wanted and subsequently sacked him anyway.

P.S. FWIW I would’ve complained bitterly then too!!!!! But I’d have been wrong.
That would have been far too late. Performances had been trending downward for some time before that.

That would have been far too late. Performances had been trending downward for some time before that.

I think the past couple of seasons have demonstrated that the decline we saw on domestic front in the latter stages of Pochettino’s reign were more on account of the squad getting stale rather than his coaching methods becoming trite.

I think the past couple of seasons have demonstrated that the decline we saw on domestic front in the latter stages of Pochettino’s reign were more on account of the squad getting stale rather than his coaching methods becoming trite.
You'll have to step me through what a squad going stale is and how it manifests itself.

Because at first glance it sounds like and excuse for not getting players to perform.

Back