• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

I think it will take more than poch for utd to win trophies.
Other than the odd league cup or fluke f a cup they are miles away from winning anything worthwhile. Or at least worthwhile in their eyes.
They need gutting, from the very top.
But he dismisses the league and fa cup as non-priorities anyway, and will only want to target prem league and/or CL only

Tactically he is just not very good.
I think it's more that the PSG team has too many average or past it fancy dans. The Qatari owners have gone for marquee signings that sell shirts rather than building a great squad. Mbappe is brilliant so is Donnaruma after that? Perhaps Marquinos and hakimi?

the problems there are too deep, he wouldn't be given the time

they should absolutely hire him though, he's the best manager they could get (they won't go back to Jose, Conte is with us, and AVB wouldn't take it, everyone else is brick)

would be nice for us for him to be parked there whilst Conte has a good few years before he comes back

AVB would be lucky to be considered for the Watford job when it eventually becomes available in the next 5 minutes.

Seems to be doing wonders with serial underdogs PSG, after tonight they might even win Ligue Un this season!

May be best for the Poch thread in general.

FWIW i’d hate it if he went to Utd in the summer and re-established their dominance in the league. The smallest part of me would be happy for him on a personal level, the largest part of me would hate it due to it not being with us.

I have great respect for what he achieved at Spurs and at Soton. I just have my doubts over whether he can get teams over the line at the business end of the season. I think he’d do well at United, he would unite the fanbase (pun intended) but not sure he would win trophies. At the very least, I hope he picks up a league title with PSG.

But he dismisses the league and fa cup as non-priorities anyway, and will only want to target prem league and/or CL only
A club of their stature those cups are only after thoughts, a gloss on bigger successes.
They are a long way off challenging for anything else, under any manager.

Maybe so, but to suggest he’d be considered for the United role is a massive stretch as he’s way below that level. He also doesn’t play the style of football that United fans want to see.

their most recent hires came from Lokimotiv Moscow and Molde

Marseille are many steps up from them

If Poch gets sacked from PSG, Goes to United, and it doesn't work out (Tries to get them back on track but fails).. Would you still want him back in 2 years time etc. I'm just wondering if it would change peoples views or whether they would always take him back?

I have great respect for what he achieved at Spurs and at Soton. I just have my doubts over whether he can get teams over the line at the business end of the season. I think he’d do well at United, he would unite the fanbase (pun intended) but not sure he would win trophies. At the very least, I hope he picks up a league title with PSG.
Even Poch couldn't Spurs that up, they're 13 points ahead.

If Poch gets sacked from PSG, Goes to United, and it doesn't work out (Tries to get them back on track but fails).. Would you still want him back in 2 years time etc. I'm just wondering if it would change peoples views or whether they would always take him back?

I'm all for it, I'm happy to settle with him for a long time and just accept we are going to bottle everything.

Jose couldn't win a trophy here, we are never winning anything, lets at least have a nice guy who wants to be here.

I'm all for it, I'm happy to settle with him for a long time and just accept we are going to bottle everything.

Jose couldn't win a trophy here, we are never winning anything, lets at least have a nice guy who wants to be here.
To be fair Jose may well have won a trophy here if our Chairman had let him actually manage the team for the final he'd qualified for.

What if brings out the diamond again??

What if brings out the diamond again??
Nothing wrong with the diamond.... It is actually a really good counter to the 4-3-3 that most of the teams winning the big competitions were deploying. Just with any new formation though it requires coaching as the way the team shifts its shape in defence is different.

Back