• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

Nah, mate. What's grasping is this idea that Spurs players or the manager are uniquely mentally weak - I used to believe that, but I gradually realised that it just couldn't be the case. That graphic proves it, imo - nothing wrong with these lads.

It's not Kane et al failing at the death all the time, it's simply us not having the squad to get us over the line, because every final we have been to in the past ten years, we've been underdogs.

The responsibility for winning isn't on Kane single-handedly fighting the inertia and lethargy of an entire club built on penny-pinching, on doing just enough to pretend to care about competing without actually doing what it takes. Quite rightly, anyone would be tired of that. He wants to move somewhere where he can be a winner in a team of winners - and sadly, that isn't here, and won't be here as long as that ex Mr.Byrite spiv and his boss are in charge.

All that talk about us being sexy, of failing at the death - that culture of failure. It stems from Levy and Lewis deciding winning isn't the aim, and never, ever has been. Making money for ENIC is the ultimate aim. All else stems from there.

The one positive that's coming out of this miserable off-season for the club so far is that people are no longer buying Levy's lies. the reactions to his Comical Ali video are proving it, and are heartening to see - hopefully that pressure only grows, and we can build a club free of him and his boss, focused on winning - so the likes of Kane don't have to leave.
How does that graphic prove it?
Have those players gone to clubs who haven’t been winning things before they joined then?
When I looked it was players joining dominant sides mainly

Nah, mate. What's grasping is this idea that Spurs players or the manager are uniquely mentally weak - I used to believe that, but I gradually realised that it just couldn't be the case. That graphic proves it, imo - nothing wrong with these lads.

It's not Kane et al failing at the death all the time, it's simply us not having the squad to get us over the line, because every final we have been to in the past ten years, we've been underdogs.

The responsibility for winning isn't on Kane single-handedly fighting the inertia and lethargy of an entire club built on penny-pinching, on doing just enough to pretend to care about competing without actually doing what it takes. Quite rightly, anyone would be tired of that. He wants to move somewhere where he can be a winner in a team of winners - and sadly, that isn't here, and won't be here as long as that ex Mr.Byrite spiv and his boss are in charge.

All that talk about us being sexy, of failing at the death - that culture of failure. It stems from Levy and Lewis deciding winning isn't the aim, and never, ever has been. Making money for ENIC is the ultimate aim. All else stems from there.

The one positive that's coming out of this miserable off-season for the club so far is that people are no longer buying Levy's lies. the reactions to his Comical Ali video are proving it, and are heartening to see - hopefully that pressure only grows, and we can build a club free of him and his boss, focused on winning - so the likes of Kane don't have to leave.

Yeah. I'm sure Harry Kane would give up being a losing Champions League finalist to winning whatever it was that Tomislav Gomelt won.
You are becoming a parody of yourself.

There was a graphic floating around the other week - don't know if you recall it. Since leaving us, in the last ten or so years,former Spurs players have won 118 or so trophies.

What's more likely - that our players are uniquely mentally weak, or that the best squads with the best players who spend money when it matters...win the trophies that matter?

When Kane wants to win a trophy with us, what he means is that he wants us to be favorites in the finals we play. None of the finals Kane has played in have seen us as favorites, and that is down to the dirt cheap bargain bin spivs in charge and their uselessness over the past 20 long years. Every manager we've had who has bucked the general trend of underperformance has done so against the tide, with his hands tied behind his back on account of Levy, Lewis, and ENIC - the fact that Kane, our boyhood hero done good, wants to leave, is down to them and the way they've failed at building us winning teams.

As for semi-finals, come on mate. Someone even tried using quarter finals the other day as a marker of ENIC doing their job - wouldn't be surprised if someone tries first knockout round appearances next. Stick to finals, please.

And as for finals, interesting fact - we've been in as many finals in the last decade as Aston Villa. Except Villa have gone down a division and come back up in that time.

There’s talk of Kane joining City and even Chelsea.
PL and CL winners. If Winks went there, he’d also win stuff, it doesn’t mean it’s because of him though.

The flip side of your point would suggest that us signing mentally strong proven winners wouldn’t change a thing because apparently we already have them, but getting to a CL final is the limit and we can’t possibly win it because we didn’t have Mbappe on the bench.

All this while Shaqiri and Origi walked off the pitch with CL Winners medals.
They also had Lallana, Sturridge, Lovren and Moreno on the bench that night.....how many of them would have you have liked Levy to sign?

Yeah. I'm sure Harry Kane would give up being a losing Champions League finalist to winning whatever it was that Tomislav Gomelt won.
You are becoming a parody of yourself.

Not sure you read my post, but if that's what you took from it - have a good day, mate. Because I'm not sure you aren't becoming likewise.

PL and CL winners. If Winks went there, he’d also win stuff, it doesn’t mean it’s because of him though.

The flip side of your point would suggest that us signing mentally strong proven winners wouldn’t change a thing because apparently we already have them, but getting to a CL final is the limit and we can’t possibly win it because we didn’t have Mbappe on the bench.

They also had Lallana, Sturridge, Lovren and Moreno on the bench that night.....how many of them would have you have liked Levy to sign?

That is not a fair argument.
I think the truth remains that at vital moments, we did not make the move which was necessary. Those moves have been discussed to death, we know who they were. I will say that of the Manes, Winaldjums and DeLigts, the one which maybe will hurt the most is Grealish.

That is not a fair argument.
I think the truth remains that at vital moments, we did not make the move which was necessary. Those moves have been discussed to death, we know who they were. I will say that of the Manes, Winaldjums and DeLigts, the one which maybe will hurt the most is Grealish.
Mane and Wijnaldum won the CL because they played under Klopp, just like Son would have if he was at Liverpool.
Henderson would not have won the CL under Poch.

We didn’t lose that game because we didn’t sign Grealish, we lost it because all the momentum from Amsterdam was thrown under a bus so someone who was on crutches that week and hadn’t kicked a ball for two months could play.

Mane and Wijnaldum won the CL because they played under Klopp, just like Son would have if he was at Liverpool.

We didn’t lose that game because we didn’t sign Grealish, we lost it because all the momentum from Amsterdam was thrown under a bus so someone who was on crutches that week and hadn’t kicked a ball for two months could play.

What momentum?

I was not making a binary link between those players and the CL Final, a point I think is worth making.

We lost the CL Final because a terrible decision was given in the 30th second of the match which flipped everything on its head.

You can discuss whether Kane should or shouldn't have played, but that was far from the point I was making.

If that is the point you see then you are not seeing the point I'm making.

What momentum?
Well I’ll remember the last ten minutes of Ajax forever, and the team that finished that match should have started the final

People keep talking about the squad depth, look at Liverpool’s bench for the final though.

We made ourselves The Harry Kane Team and paid for it

Well I’ll remember the last ten minutes of Ajax forever, and the team that finished that match should have started the final

People keep talking about the squad depth, look at Liverpool’s bench for the final though.

We made ourselves The Harry Kane Team and paid for it

So your momentum is the last ten minutes of a game played several weeks earlier?

I was not making a binary link between those players and the CL Final, a point I think is worth making.

We lost the CL Final because a terrible decision was given in the 30th second of the match which flipped everything on its head.

You can discuss whether Kane should or shouldn't have played, but that was far from the point I was making.

If that is the point you see then you are not seeing the point I'm making.
You said Grealish hurt the most....that was the summer 18 window. That season we made the CL final, so in your view where would we have gotten to with Grealish that season?

So your momentum is the last ten minutes of a game played several weeks earlier?
What’s yours?
Someone with a broken ankle that last played two months ago, went off in the 1/4 at 0-0 which we won, missed the second leg which we went through away at City, and missed both legs of the semi?

Yep, Harry Kane FC

What’s yours?
Someone with a broken ankle that last played two months ago, went off in the 1/4 at 0-0 which we won, missed the second leg which we went through away at City, and missed both legs of the semi?

Yep, Harry Kane FC

I'm not talking momentum, you are :confused:

You play your best players if they're available, simple as that.

I dunno. Out of Mane, Wijnaldum, Matip and Firmino, though? I'd have taken all four. They're all players they beat us to - Mane and Wijnaldum definitely, Matip and Firmino possibly. We could have had all four. We decided not to pay what they were worth. They went to Liverpool, and became winners.

And I'd suggest having those players while we lined up with their crap second-choice equivalents in Sissoko, Winks et al played a huge role in why we lost that game.

Literally, because Mane won their 1st-minute penalty off Sissoko.

How does that graphic prove it?
Have those players gone to clubs who haven’t been winning things before they joined then?
When I looked it was players joining dominant sides mainly

Trippier joined Atleti. They've just won La Liga. Foyth and Capoue joined Villarreal. They've just won the EL. Eriksen joined Inter. They've just won Serie A. Defoe joined Rangers. They've won the SPL.

Dominant sides? Nah. Nothing wrong with these lads, but they joined clubs that want to win, that have a culture of winning. I don't disagree that this makes the difference, but my firm position it starts at the top, with the owners.

And our owners never cared about Spurs - Levy was never a fan of Spurs or football, as he's admitted in that book I posted on the other thread. These other clubs, they had owners that wanted to win for their football clubs - we have owners that want to sit on their enormous profits, never spend a penny, and bald-facedly lie to the fans.

That's the difference - the culture starts from the top.

I dunno. Out of Mane, Wijnaldum, Matip and Firmino, though? I'd have taken all four. They're all players they beat us to - Mane and Wijnaldum definitely, Matip and Firmino possibly. We could have had all four. We decided not to pay what they were worth. They went to Liverpool, and became winners.

And I'd suggest having those players while we lined up with their crap second-choice equivalents in Sissoko, Winks et al played a huge role in why we lost that game.

Literally, because Mane won their 1st-minute penalty off Sissoko.

Trippier joined Atleti. They've just won La Liga. Foyth and Capoue joined Villarreal. They've just won the EL. Eriksen joined Inter. They've just won Serie A. Defoe joined Rangers. They've won the SPL.

Dominant sides? Nah. Nothing wrong with these lads, but they joined clubs that want to win, that have a culture of winning. I don't disagree that this makes the difference, but my firm position it starts at the top, with the owners.

And our owners never cared about Spurs - Levy was never a fan of Spurs or football, as he's admitted in that book I posted on the other thread. These other clubs, they had owners that wanted to win for their football clubs - we have owners that want to sit on their enormous profits, never spend a penny, and bald-facedly lie to the fans.

That's the difference - the culture starts from the top.
That’s 5 trophies of the 100 plus mentioned
and athleti have a winners mentality in the club. They won leagues not that long ago including finals too and their manager knows how to get it over the line
Inter had a guy in charge who has won 5 of his last 7 leagues he has competed in… it starts there
Villarreal… the manager owns the Europa
Scottish football league isn’t a real league by the way
Maybe we’re just appointing the wrong managers

And you're in a position to judge that are you? There were several worse players than Kane in that game - what's their excuse?
Of course I’m in a position to judge, just like you’re in a position to judge it was the right decision to play him, even though you saw the game, and I assume, saw him not touch the ball for about 79 minutes because he couldn’t run and hadn’t played football for ten weeks.

The others excuse is that they were probably overawed and jittery and not as good as we might have thought they were and lacked mentality.
I would say the exact same thing about Kane too, only in his case, he could also barely walk

Back