• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

Exactly ..
So why don’t they win them where?
Crunch games they brick the bed
It’s ingrained
No expectation
We’ve won crunch games? City to qualify for the Champions League under Harry, Ajax to reach the Champs final, City in the Champions League, Real Madrid to top the group. But when things are not going to plan we don’t usually have the options to change things around like the other teams do. Plus under Poch we were challenging for everything with basically the same 11. Poch showed he can win trophies outside of Spurs, so did Mourinho, so did AVB. So have the players. But none can do it at Spurs whatever the combination of players and manager. Aside from Ramos where he focussed solely on the tournament and the league form fell away. I don’t think you can simply say it’s about bottle.

We’ve won crunch games? City to qualify for the Champions League under Harry, Ajax to reach the Champs final, City in the Champions League, Real Madrid to top the group. But when things are going to plan we don’t usually have the options to change things around like the other teams do. Plus under Poch we were challenging for everything with basically the same 11.
We have won some crunch games
We have played more that we haven’t won IMO (league games lost to inferior teams in league title chases, cup games lost to inferior sides)
And we haven’t scored a goal in a final in a long time
In some of Those games you mentioned we actually did change the team to get results. We won them without Kane for example
The issue is we as a club have a weak mentality running through the club
We still celebrate Ricky villas goal from 40 years ago like it was yesterday in some cases
The couture and mentality has to change if we are gonna be serious about winning things
The reality is though, that’s not Spurs
It’s why we are who we are

Big games are, by and large, won by individual moments of brilliance, sadly for us over the last decade, our brilliant individuals haven’t turned up at the business end of competition.

Big games are, by and large, won by individual moments of brilliance, sadly for us over the last decade, our brilliant individuals haven’t turned up.
Their win in a lot of cases before the game even starts
Players have their head in the right place and believe in what their doing…. They tend to get the results
Italy in world cups are the epitome of that
They think there winning every game
Liverpool in the prem

Big games are, by and large, won by individual moments of brilliance, sadly for us over the last decade, our brilliant individuals haven’t turned up at the business end of competition.
Hmm, Big games are by and large won by the best squads and best resourced teams. The evidence is incontrovertible.

It is almost unheard of for 2nd tier resourced teams like us to achieve multiple successes in a season. I can't remember the last time in fact. To do well in the league or CL pretty much means you give up the cups. If you focus on the cups you sacrifice league form. So you don't qualify for the CL like Leicester found this season or are relegated like Wigan and Birmingham City. Under Poch we spread our bets and ended up empty handed. Had we focussed on one or the other we would have won a trophy. Nothing to do with DNA IMHO if we had Roman Abramovich as our owner we would have won more trophies in the last 20 years.

Unless Enic are willing to invest more to take us to the next financial level or come up with a super efficient system to get the most out of purchases this will not change whichever manager they appoint. They have not really shown a willing ness or an ability in either of these areas.

So if we want to win more trophies we need new owners with deeper pockets. If we are not bothered we stick with Levy and Enic. That's not a criticism really it's just the reality.

Last edited:

I have to add, in 2017 we were outrageously unlucky not to win the title and I cannot think of a major final where a pen that poor has been called in the first minute...

Was also under outrageous circumstances that allowed us to reach the final too. Can't say we deserved to be there, we were uninspiring throughout the competition and our league form was getting worse progressively IMO
I have to add, in 2017 we were outrageously unlucky not to win the title and I cannot think of a major final where a pen that poor has been called in the first minute...

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Antonio Conte spent nearly £400 million improving Chelsea. His midfield was full of options, kante, Matic for defensive midfield, Fabregas, Hazard, to provide the flair, Willian, Pedro, Moses, Loftus Cheek attacking midfield, Batshuayi Costa up front plus their youngsters were superb honed by their highly effective academy and money hoovering up the best young talent in Europe. Man Utd, Fellaini, Pogba, Schneiderlin Mata, Young, Memphis, Miktaryan Ibrahimovic, Schweinsteiger, Martial, Rashford. Those are a lot of options. We simply didn’t have anywhere near that depth outside of the first 11. So we flogged that first 11 to death playing in all the tournaments that we competed in and competing to a high level in the league.
You named loads of absolute dross and flops

Grealish would've improved our squad immeasurably, allowed us to deal with/rest Eriksen more, an allowed for a smooth transition when he left without us suffering from trying to conjure a playmaker from somewhere of similar calibre. He clearly is a fit for players like Kane and Sonny. I think we'd have found the season less of a struggle, particularly when we were limping from injury to injury and still managing to pull off incredible results.
I can imagine our fans of Eriksen was benched for Grealish.
It would never have happened under Poch, like Kane and Dele were never benched no matter what. Son spent nearly two seasons as a sub even when Dele was crap for long spells, so Grealish wouldn’t have got a look in.

Our attack was set in stone and any back up was barely used.

I can imagine our fans of Eriksen was benched for Grealish.
It would never have happened under Poch, like Kane and Dele were never benched no matter what. Son spent nearly two seasons as a sub even when Dele was crap for long spells, so Grealish wouldn’t have got a look in.

Our attack was set in stone and any back up was barely used.

What?
I think you should check your stats mate.

As for the Grealish argument...conjecture isn't it, to be fair.

What?
I think you should check your stats mate.

As for the Grealish argument...conjecture isn't it, to be fair.
The first time Dele really saw a bench was the season Poch got sacked, 6 years into his tenure.
We had a front three for a good while at the start, then a front four when it became ludicrous that Son wasn’t first name in the team sheet.
Son got CL games because Dele was banned, ripped it up and then benched in the PL.

It’s not conjecture regarding Grealish when Poch is on record saying new players need two years to settle and break in and you look at his treatment of Moura, Janssen, Llorente, Nkoudou or anyone else who could have been used while cruising in games or against milkmen in cups to give his favourites a rest.

Grealish would have been no different, just like he paid 44M for Sanchez and threw him in the bin once he kissed and made up with Toby

The first time Dele really saw a bench was the season Poch got sacked, 6 years into his tenure.
We had a front three for a good while at the start, then a front four when it became ludicrous that Son wasn’t first name in the team sheet.
Son got CL games because Dele was banned, ripped it up and then benched in the PL.

It’s not conjecture regarding Grealish when Poch is on record saying new players need two years to settle and break in and you look at his treatment of Moura, Janssen, Llorente, Nkoudou or anyone else who could have been used while cruising in games or against milkmen in cups to give his favourites a rest.

Grealish would have been no different, just like he paid 44M for Sanchez and threw him in the bin once he kissed and made up with Toby

Well, again, I think you'd do well to look at the actual stats and numbers re: PL appearances. I presume you remember Sonny's plantar facatis (sp) issues in his first season? Between the numbers there and the pretty clear agenda you have stated for Poch "favoring" people and "mistreating" others and honestly, this doesn't feel like a discussion to me,it feels like you inviting people to comment and then telling them why they're wrong and you're right. BTW, it IS conjecture re: Grealish. You cannot predict the future, and you cannot apply one comment as a blanket rule for all players. If I am wrong and you, personally, CAN predict the future, I'd appreciate next week's lottery numbers if you'd be so kind. :)

Last edited:

Poch started new players used to the English League straight away. Toby and Wanyama were examples. Grealish would have started quickly imo. Given how good a player he is. It is a stretch to say he wouldn't have improved us. Not sure what the argument is.

Was also under outrageous circumstances that allowed us to reach the final too. Can't say we deserved to be there, we were uninspiring throughout the competition and our league form was getting worse progressively IMO

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
I have said it before, we deserved to be there. Yes we had some good luck but we also had some terrible luck, like losing Kane and Son for parts of the run. Imagine us without those two? In fact take 2 of the best players out of any team especially when you don't have the options to replace them. We scored 3 goals away to the record winning title winners. We played Ajax in the semis with Rose in central midfield.

Last edited:
I have said it before, we deserved to be there. Yes we had some good luck but we also had some terrible luck, like losing Kane and Son for parts of the run. Imagine us without those two? In fact take 2 players of the best players out of any team. We scored 3 goals away to the record winning title winners. We played Ajax in the semis with Rose in central midfield.

Could not agree more. It is simply not true to say we did not deserve to be in that final. Did we have luck? Yes. Did we have bad luck? Oh yes.
I have often pondered that the side which got brick-housed by Juve was arguably stronger and would[ve gone on to win that year...

In your opinion. But enough different options to change a one off cup game but not to win the league.
Llorente knocked City out of the CL and Moura scored a five minute hat trick to take us to the final.
And you name Batshuyai Schniderlin and Moses as better options?
All good looking at Rashford now, not really the same four years ago though.
Zlatan was on 20M a year wages, and Fabregas was toilet by then

Llorente knocked City out of the CL and Moura scored a five minute hat trick to take us to the final.
And you name Batshuyai Schniderlin and Moses as better options?
All good looking at Rashford now, not really the same four years ago though.
Zlatan was on 20M a year wages, and Fabregas was toilet by then

Moura did not score a '5 minute hat-trick'!!!! he scored in the 55th, 59th and 90+6th. It was immense of course, but let's be fair here. Llorente did, indeed, get the vital goal at Eastlands. As for Batshuyai, I should point out that he came off the bench for Chelsea in 2017 at West Brom to win them the title over...us. A season I think we were absolutely wildly unlucky in fairness. As for 'toilet' Fabregas, again, he was part of another title winning side.

Moura did not score a '5 minute hat-trick'!!!! he scored in the 55th, 59th and 90+6th. It was immense of course, but let's be fair here. Llorente did, indeed, get the vital goal at Eastlands. As for Batshuyai, I should point out that he came off the bench for Chelsea in 2017 at West Brom to win them the title over...us. A season I think we were absolutely wildly unlucky in fairness. As for 'toilet' Fabregas, again, he was part of another title winning side.
Origi scored a CL final goal that sealed victory

Cheeky bid?

I have said it before, we deserved to be there. Yes we had some good luck but we also had some terrible luck, like losing Kane and Son for parts of the run. Imagine us without those two? In fact take 2 players of the best players out of any team. We scored 3 goals away to the record winning title winners. We played Ajax in the semis with Rose in central midfield.
Whilst I agree
People said we didn’t have a good enough squad too
The best result with players missing was Dortmund at home actually
We had a really odd set up… and played brilliantly

Back