• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

Of course I’m in a position to judge, just like you’re in a position to judge it was the right decision to play him, even though you saw the game, and I assume, saw him not touch the ball for about 79 minutes because he couldn’t run and hadn’t played football for ten weeks.

The others excuse is that they were probably overawed and jittery and not as good as we might have thought they were and lacked mentality.
I would say the exact same thing about Kane too, only in his case, he could also barely walk

Kane moved around the pitch fine from what i saw at the game, he just didn't get any service because we went 1 nil down within a minute and the best counter attacking side in European were able to close him and our attacking midfield out for the rest of the game

Kane moved around the pitch fine from what i saw at the game, he just didn't get any service because we went 1 nil down within a minute and the best counter attacking side in European were able to close him and our attacking midfield out for the rest of the game
I don’t think Kane was for myself
But it was one of those dammed if you do, dammed if you don’t calls
I’d have preferred Kane to come off the bench and have his impact that way

I don’t think Kane was for myself
But it was one of those dammed if you do, dammed if you don’t calls
I’d have preferred Kane to come off the bench and have his impact that way

There's an argument to be had that he may have bern better off the bench but it's pointless dissecting a game in which we played in to our opponents hand how we did in those oprning minutes - Liverpool couldn't have believed their luck after that pen. A more open game may have unfolded differently- easy to point the finger when you know the outcome, and boy do we like doing that

Yeah it’s always the service but the service is just fine when he’s scoring 30 goals a season, but don’t tell me, he’s so complete he’s actually assisting himself when he scores

If you think he played well in the final, and Poch was right to pick him, then I’m not sure you got much to complain about over the last couple seasons.

Maybe you think he was epic for England today too......oh don’t tell me, it was Sterling and Mounts fault

There's an argument to be had that he may have bern better off the bench but it's pointless dissecting a game in which we played in to our opponents hand how we did in those oprning minutes - Liverpool couldn't have believed their luck after that pen. A more open game may have unfolded differently- easy to point the finger when you know the outcome, and boy do we like doing that
Liverpool brick their pants after that pen.
The only think they got lucky on was that we decided to start the game with 10 men

Liverpool brick their pants after that pen.
The only think they got lucky on was that we decided to start the game with 10 men

They lapped us up with ease

I'm sure Moura or Llorente instead of Kane and we would have won though

Why were they poor and nervy playing against a team without a striker?
Because it’s a CL final against the team that beat City and Ajax without Kane and they had lost it just a year earlier perhaps?

If we had actually dared to do, we could have thrown them and left them wondering when Kane was coming on, given Moura the start he deserved and had some real energy from the off.

But this club isn’t about that, it’s about Harry and his accolades

Because it’s a CL final against the team that beat City and Ajax without Kane and they had lost it just a year earlier perhaps?

If we had actually dared to do, we could have thrown them and left them wondering when Kane was coming on, given Moura the start he deserved and had some real energy from the off.

But this club isn’t about that, it’s about Harry and his accolades

I didn't see a nervy Liverpool team, i saw a side batting us away with ease, reducing us to long balls and crosses by closing us out in the central areas. Iirc our MoM was Danny Rose at left back!

But we're not going to agree here so as you were

I didn't see a nervy Liverpool team, i saw a side batting us away with ease, reducing us to long balls and crosses by closing us out in the central areas. Iirc our MoM was Danny Rose at left back!

But we're not going to agree here so as you were
Agree to an extent mainly because they had no one to worry about up top

You said Grealish hurt the most....that was the summer 18 window. That season we made the CL final, so in your view where would we have gotten to with Grealish that season?

Grealish would've improved our squad immeasurably, allowed us to deal with/rest Eriksen more, an allowed for a smooth transition when he left without us suffering from trying to conjure a playmaker from somewhere of similar calibre. He clearly is a fit for players like Kane and Sonny. I think we'd have found the season less of a struggle, particularly when we were limping from injury to injury and still managing to pull off incredible results.

Agree to an extent mainly because they had no one to worry about up top

The shame of it is that in tight games, you need everyone on point. Sonny also had an off-game, and got several opportunities to go in on goal and shoot because the CBs were occupied watching Kane, who as best he could given both match fitness and the fact that a penalty in the first minute allows a team to sit deep, was moving them around. I counted three moments in the first half where vintage Sonny takes it on and has a pop.

All very well but can you tell me which one of Chelsea or Utds bench would have improved us in 2017/18
They didn’t have epic squads or starting 11s
Antonio Conte spent nearly £400 million improving Chelsea. His midfield was full of options, kante, Matic for defensive midfield, Fabregas, Hazard, to provide the flair, Willian, Pedro, Moses, Loftus Cheek attacking midfield, Batshuayi Costa up front plus their youngsters were superb honed by their highly effective academy and money hoovering up the best young talent in Europe. Man Utd, Fellaini, Pogba, Schneiderlin Mata, Young, Memphis, Miktaryan Ibrahimovic, Schweinsteiger, Martial, Rashford. Those are a lot of options. We simply didn’t have anywhere near that depth outside of the first 11. So we flogged that first 11 to death playing in all the tournaments that we competed in and competing to a high level in the league.

Last edited:
That’s 5 trophies of the 100 plus mentioned
and athleti have a winners mentality in the club. They won leagues not that long ago including finals too and their manager knows how to get it over the line
Inter had a guy in charge who has won 5 of his last 7 leagues he has competed in… it starts there
Villarreal… the manager owns the Europa
Scottish football league isn’t a real league by the way
Maybe we’re just appointing the wrong managers
We just appointed a manager who has won more trophies than all the others put together. He failed too.

The shame of it is that in tight games, you need everyone on point. Sonny also had an off-game, and got several opportunities to go in on goal and shoot because the CBs were occupied watching Kane, who as best he could given both match fitness and the fact that a penalty in the first minute allows a team to sit deep, was moving them around. I counted three moments in the first half where vintage Sonny takes it on and has a pop.
If we wanted to win a domestic cup under Poch we would have but it would have meant sacrificing a league challenge or qualifying for the Champs League. I happen to think managing Spurs is probably one of the hardest jobs in football. Expectations of a top tier team, resources of a 2nd tier side.

Yep
As I’ve said you can’t change the mind set here
Players come and go but the mentality is weak
It’s not we will win, it’s we might win
See it in our fans
See it in our players
“Lads it’s Tottenham”
I don’t think it is. Too many players win trophies away from Spurs. Trippier and Foyth have won trophies this year as well as the top players. Kane on the other hand has in a way been penalised for his loyalty.

I don’t think it is. Too many players win trophies away from Spurs. Trippier and Foyth have won trophies this year as well as the top players. Kane on the other hand has in a way been penalised for his loyalty.
Exactly ..
So why don’t they win them where?
Crunch games they brick the bed
It’s ingrained
No expectation

Back