• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Well said. I really believe Poch to be a man of integrity and I think we are already seeing his high standards proliferating throughout the club.

Indeed, and he has proven that. I think as supporters, we need to let go of the old flimflam we carry, from superstitions to small-club insecurities. We are a big club. And we are about to perpetuate that. And with that comes all sorts of flimflam and distraction, but through it all, we cannot let the actions of others dilute the tangibility of what we are seeing/have seen. I think he is the real deal. I had told everyone last season that Lloris would stay too. I LIKE the fact these guys do NOT have agents carping on in their ears. I get it, some people need agents, but I think it shows great personal clarity when you leave yourself in charge of your destiny, unencumbered by the driving of others. COYS!

'Mutual consent' jobbie I think, he's too boot room to officially sack. Not winning the league with Ajax is about as bad as it gets in that job, and they bottled it big style

I think you're dressing that up a bit tbh - isn't he off the back of 5 consecutive titles or something, their best run iirc he wouldn't get sacked for not winning a title in those circumstances. He's probably just stepping down to look for a new challenge

I think you're dressing that up a bit tbh - isn't he off the back of 5 consecutive titles or something, their best run iirc he wouldn't get sacked for not winning a title in those circumstances. He's probably just stepping down to look for a new challenge

Last season they were 17 points behind PSV.

This season they started the final day top, but failed to beat an already relegated side.

Last season they were 17 points behind PSV.

This season they started the final day top, but failed to beat an already relegated side.

Ah it was 4 titles on the bounce prior to last season - still though think its more a case of stepping down rather than being pushed, any young manager there needs to do so if he wants to move to the big leagues, no one will win the league there forever

I love this guy. Delighted he's signed this extension. Lets hope it is the continuation of a long a beautiful relationship with Spurs.

the fact that Poch met Redface in a place where photos could be taken would have told you there was nothing insidious going on, I wasn't worried, he knows we're in a much better position than Man U in virtually every area, and its always struck me that Jesus Perez is the most spanish looking man in the world.

I met SAF for the second time in October last year. It was the day we drew with the dippers 0-0. Had a bit of a chat, as you do (he's been very friendly and 'up for a colloquial footy chat' the two times I have been with him) and he cheekily asked if I was 'happy with that, 0-0 at home' and what I thought about Kane's then goal drought. I told him that I was fine with 0-0, that I felt we had a brilliant manager and things were going to be very very good if he was left alone. He readily agreed. I also told him form is temporary class is permanent re: Kane and that I was sure he would be just fine. Unsurprisingly (given many supporters said the same) he agreed.

SAF is an admirer and has always had a soft spot for Spurs despite not best loving our last two chairmen! I was DELIGHTED to see that he and Poch had been 'hanging' and hope they have many more lunches. No-one will have understood the importance of Stamford Bridge more than Fergie, and no-one is in a better position to advise Poch on how to calm the delightful strain of togetherness and fudge-off-world our squad has so as it works 100% for us.

Finally, as I mentioned yesterday, our supporters need to brace themselves because this is what happens when you're GENUINELY good. Papers spin hogwash, and we will have plenty to endure. Trust in what you know of the man and the squad based on what you see, because this might be the most transparent, honest era I have seen at the club for a long long long time.

Bang on Steff!

I find it hard to believe that some of us get the jitters or become overly paranoid when media moments like this pop their heads up.

Generally sh*t like this happens in football everyday and obviously nothing will ever surprise you in football. But in this case it discounts the merits of the people actually involved.

If anyone should know Poch it is us lot. We live and breathe this club. I doubt anyone of us knows him personally, but absorbing all the minute detail that comes out, taking him at face value and also, on occasion, reading between the lines there is no way in the world he'd skip off to Man U. As Spock would say 'It is illogical Captain'. Moyes looked like he'd seen a ghost and undoubtedly one of the strongest characters in football (LVG) has been shakey/rattled as f*ck.

Regarding Fergie. Poch aspires and Fergie admires.

Poch wants a career (read legacy) like Fergie. A top to bottom project (i hate that word!), to take a club from also rans to silverware hoarders. He doesn't want to manage some behemoth with all the politics and superstar moody boys. His doesn't want to w*nk a stinking pile of filthy money up the wall, and end up on a 2/3 season treadmill. He wants something that matches his personality, built on his beliefs with all the knowledge he has gained.(probably gaining a little bit more from Sir Alex) I't a long haul BUT that's how he likes it. Hard work everyday, patience (to a point) and a realisation that everything at the club matters. I bet he loves the fact we are building a brand new stadium next door. It's iconic, and a beautiful oppurtunity for him to synchronize the rise and rise of Tottenham Hotspur both on and off the pitch, all on his watch. Poch wants to go down with the few that achieve an 'era' at a club...Billy Nic, SAF, Wenger, Cloughie. None of that will happen at an already made it club. We are the perfect size for him.

I got a feeling that him and Levy may share quite a few character traits. It really is a match made in heaven.

And for me?.....It means my club, act, behave and be, in a way i've always dreamed of, when i was just beginning to think it was nigh on impossible in the modern game.

Bang on Steff!

I find it hard to believe that some of us get the jitters or become overly paranoid when media moments like this pop their heads up.

Generally sh*t like this happens in football everyday and obviously nothing will ever surprise you in football. But in this case it discounts the merits of the people actually involved.

If anyone should know Poch it is us lot. We live and breathe this club. I doubt anyone of us knows him personally, but absorbing all the minute detail that comes out, taking him at face value and also, on occasion, reading between the lines there is no way in the world he'd skip off to Man U. As Spock would say 'It is illogical Captain'. Moyes looked like he'd seen a ghost and undoubtedly one of the strongest characters in football (LVG) has been shakey/rattled as f*ck.

Regarding Fergie. Poch aspires and Fergie admires.

Poch wants a career (read legacy) like Fergie. A top to bottom project (i hate that word!), to take a club from also rans to silverware hoarders. He doesn't want to manage some behemoth with all the politics and superstar moody boys. His doesn't want to w*nk a stinking pile of filthy money up the wall, and end up on a 2/3 season treadmill. He wants something that matches his personality, built on his beliefs with all the knowledge he has gained.(probably gaining a little bit more from Sir Alex) I't a long haul BUT that's how he likes it. Hard work everyday, patience (to a point) and a realisation that everything at the club matters. I bet he loves the fact we are building a brand new stadium next door. It's iconic, and a beautiful oppurtunity for him to synchronize the rise and rise of Tottenham Hotspur both on and off the pitch, all on his watch. Poch wants to go down with the few that achieve an 'era' at a club...Billy Nic, SAF, Wenger, Cloughie. None of that will happen at an already made it club. We are the perfect size for him.

I got a feeling that him and Levy may share quite a few character traits. It really is a match made in heaven.

And for me?.....It means my club, act, behave and be, in a way i've always dreamed of, when i was just beginning to think it was nigh on impossible in the modern game.

Very good post :)

The problem is a few bad results and some of the so called 'fans', a silent minority at the moment, will get louder and get a few more on board and suddenly it starts snowballing and Levy panics and sacks Poch :( I don't think this will happen but we are definitely going to have rocky patches where everyone needs to stick together and keep calm unfortunately I don't think everyone will be able to do that but as long as Levy does then we'll be ok

Very good post :)

The problem is a few bad results and some of the so called 'fans', a silent minority at the moment, will get louder and get a few more on board and suddenly it starts snowballing and Levy panics and sacks Poch :( I don't think this will happen but we are definitely going to have rocky patches where everyone needs to stick together and keep calm unfortunately I don't think everyone will be able to do that but as long as Levy does then we'll be ok

Levy has never panicked. If I were to have any complaints about him it would be letting bad situations drag on too long. The fans on the other hand, no disagreements there.

Mauricio Pochettino says his new job title – manager rather than head coach – will have little bearing on his role at the club.

The Argentine signed a two-year contract extension yesterday (Thursday), and has changed from being Tottenham’s head coach to the manager.

He has previously corrected those who have referred to him as the manager – but now he admits he has effectively been performing that function all along, and says the change in his title will mean little.

“Last season I was head coach, now I’m manager,” he said. “The title, only the club nominates me but in the end it’s the same job.

“When I was head coach I was involved in all aspects of the club and now it’s still the same - only that they want to nominate me manager. I’m happy but it doesn’t change my position in the club.

“I think we are agreed that it would be good, for myself, for the club, for all. It’s true that ‘manager’ is a word that means different things than head coach. Maybe I was always manager, from the first day I arrived here, and maybe it describes my job better.

“I think you know the head coach only manages the team, and only you are the coach - but when you are the head coach you care for different things, not only the team.

“I think from the first day I always felt I was manager. Now we’ve changed the word but my work continues to be the same.”

Asked if Pochettino is now more involved in transfers, he said: “No, we continue the same. We share the decisions, that’s why we have different departments and always at the end we have [chairman] Daniel Levy to decide the things that will happen here.”

Reflecting on his decision to extend his stay at White Hart Lane until 2021, Pochettino said: “When you see the project of the club and the ambition, you want to stick yourself with the club.

“For me it’s a very important thing to try to help the club to achieve big things in the future, so I’m very grateful – as is all my staff – to the club, to Daniel in particular, for trusting in us.

“This feeling is very important for us and we feel the people like us and the players, the staff, the supporters... I think it’s a good opportunity to create big things and to try to achieve big things in the future.

Asked if Pochettino is now more involved in transfers, he said: “No, we continue the same. We share the decisions, that’s why we have different departments and always at the end we have [chairman] Daniel Levy to decide the things that will happen here.”

Reflecting on his decision to extend his stay at White Hart Lane until 2021, Pochettino said: “When you see the project of the club and the ambition, you want to stick yourself with the club.

“For me it’s a very important thing to try to help the club to achieve big things in the future, so I’m very grateful – as is all my staff – to the club, to Daniel in particular, for trusting in us.

“This feeling is very important for us and we feel the people like us and the players, the staff, the supporters... I think it’s a good opportunity to create big things and to try to achieve big things in the future.

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/sport/foot...witching_from_head_coach_to_manager_1_4534586

Poch has a chance here to become one of the best known managers in the game, big club, a very good team, a chairman who has shown he will back his managers, a great new ground on the way and a loyal support level.

Look what Fergie did at Utd, Wenger did at the Arse, Shankly did at L'pool. they turned big clubs into massive clubs and Poch could/will do the same here. I for one are 100% behind the dream that both he and Levy are chasing and have faith that they will achieve it.

Back