• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Dembele signed an extension in February. Eriksen, Lamela and Vertonghen are pressing though. New 5 year deals for the first two are must and a year added to Vertonghen's deal meaning he will be 32 when it expires.

Isn't Loris also supposed to be in discussions to extend, or have I imagined reading that somewhere?

Just did a quick google on my own question about Lloris -seems the club want to offer him an improved contract with the +1 to take him to 2020.
This could be a very good summer indeed if all these renewals/extensions happen, and it's hard to see why any player would not want to stay now.

great that this has happened, he's doing an excellent job

if he continues to do that he is going to leave us for a bigger club at some point though

But who is to say that we cannot be that bigger club? With the squad and infrastructure we have and the new stadium coming we should be able to compete at the very highest level. Ultimately there is nothing he needs that spurs cannot give him., however he needs to deliver also, this whole thing must be symbiotic.

Altough at the end of the day, it doesn't mean 100% he is staying, granted it is a massive indicator that he probably is, but as somebody pointed out earlier, it does mean if he did, United or whoever would be paying a massive chunk towards the stadium to secure his services now.

Good move Daniel. nipped in the bud, sorted before the Toon game (as somebody else on here posted it would happen), so should be no distractions to the team focus for Sunday.
Would be nice if a couple of player contract extensions were announced. Lets finish on a high, so that we can buzz all summer. enjoy the Euros and start counting the days until Aug 13th or 14th

For our annual away game to start the season, it's all random honest.

I met SAF for the second time in October last year. It was the day we drew with the dippers 0-0. Had a bit of a chat, as you do (he's been very friendly and 'up for a colloquial footy chat' the two times I have been with him) and he cheekily asked if I was 'happy with that, 0-0 at home' and what I thought about Kane's then goal drought. I told him that I was fine with 0-0, that I felt we had a brilliant manager and things were going to be very very good if he was left alone. He readily agreed. I also told him form is temporary class is permanent re: Kane and that I was sure he would be just fine. Unsurprisingly (given many supporters said the same) he agreed.

SAF is an admirer and has always had a soft spot for Spurs despite not best loving our last two chairmen! I was DELIGHTED to see that he and Poch had been 'hanging' and hope they have many more lunches. No-one will have understood the importance of Stamford Bridge more than Fergie, and no-one is in a better position to advise Poch on how to calm the delightful strain of togetherness and fudge-off-world our squad has so as it works 100% for us.

Finally, as I mentioned yesterday, our supporters need to brace themselves because this is what happens when you're GENUINELY good. Papers spin flimflam, and we will have plenty to endure. Trust in what you know of the man and the squad based on what you see, because this might be the most transparent, honest era I have seen at the club for a long long long time.

Finally, as I mentioned yesterday, our supporters need to brace themselves because this is what happens when you're GENUINELY good. Papers spin hogwash, and we will have plenty to endure. Trust in what you know of the man and the squad based on what you see, because this might be the most transparent, honest era I have seen at the club for a long long long time.

Well said. I really believe Poch to be a man of integrity and I think we are already seeing his high standards proliferating throughout the club.

Back