• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Watching Poch vs. Koeman, play style wise based on today's game, much prefer Poch.

Mentioned it in the ratings thread, noticeable how much less we play the ball in the air vs. Southampton.

They play like under avb IMO

Put plenty behind the ball and go direct and hope to support the target man

It's simple and effective and they do it better than most as they have spent a lot of moment on players to suit the system

I honestly that there getting a lot of credit for where they are but you have to take into account the amount of money they spent

The real question is will we get the proper clear out we need.
If we start next season with these players still hanging around we have no chance.

Poch has to sort out the final third creativity. Very poor all season

That Goal article was awful. Biased propaganda from a friend of the previous manager. Anything that Poch does that Sherwood did differently is all of a sudden a signal of a critical stage in his tenure.

Boring

That Goal article was awful. Biased propaganda from a friend of the previous manager. Anything that Poch does that Sherwood did differently is all of a sudden a signal of a critical stage in his tenure.

Boring

Seriously? There's no propaganda in it. Its very positive of Poch. I think people are looking and finding stuff in it thats not there.

If anything it takes the tinkle of Sherwood and his gang hanging round in the canteen using it as a pub and throwing banter around at everyone that comes by.

Poch knows the no hopers in his squad have to be frozen out to leave. The player has to actively want to leave. Unless you make it uncomfortable they will hang round like Gomes, Bentley, GDS, Khumalo, Ekotto and all the deadwood before them. He should go even further as far as I'm concerned. Why are the likes of Paulinho and Chiriches anywhere near our first team squad.

You really are the biggest clam on these forums. Why did you join? I'm sure one point you promised to leave and never did. Little cancer you are.

But shock horror. I'm right yet again. Mason forcing us to lose. I hate being right all the time. I said our inept manager would let him walk straight in the team and its cost us.

I want to give him time. I'm desperate for it to work. But more years of such ineptitude, such shocking decisions and team selections. Could be a torturous time.

What because he slipped? You fudging WUM. What a retread.

Mason owned Schneiderlin again today - for the second time this season.

His one error was slipping on a pitch that was an ice rink - Bentaleb, Davies (twice) and Schneiderlin all had the same thing happen to them - two of them picking up serious injuries because of the pitch
Didn't see that at all today. In fact what I saw was a very disciplined performance from both Wanyama and schneiderlin which rarely allowed one of our players to occupy the space between them and the back 4. Whereas Davis got between our defensive midfield and defence on several occasions. I like Mason but he is massively overrated on here IMO. He is not in the same class as Schneiderlin. Of our 4 academy boys I see Kane and Bentaleb being massive for us and Mason and Townsend being a squad player and leaving respectively.

There's only been one period where it hasn't been poor since Redknapp left.
Don't agree that it has been poor all season. In fact in some games it has been excellent. It is poor when teams defend deep and we don't press them high up the pitch. I genuinely believe it is better when Dembele is on the park. Contrary to popular opinion I believe his ability to win the ball, hold on to it and be direct is critical to how well we play. For me there are 2 critical areas we need to address - defending in front of our back 4 and more striking options backing up kane.

Didn't see that at all today. In fact what I saw was a very disciplined performance from both Wanyama and schneiderlin which rarely allowed one of our players to occupy the space between them and the back 4. Whereas Davis got between our defensive midfield and defence on several occasions. I like Mason but he is massively overrated on here IMO. He is not in the same class as Schneiderlin. Of our 4 academy boys I see Kane and Bentaleb being massive for us and Mason and Townsend being a squad player and leaving respectively.

You couldn't have been watching that closely as Wanyama wasn't even playing!

I think this is approaching fair, although I must admit I think Mason is being sorely dragged through it without people considering he is absolutely knackered and the only option Poch seems to trust in his position; personally, I wish we had rotation options the manager trusted. I think if a Schneiderlin was signed, it would allow for more rotation in this vital area of the pitch. He will be to expensive for us however.

I think this is approaching fair, although I must admit I think Mason is being sorely dragged through it without people considering he is absolutely knackered and the only option Poch seems to trust in his position; personally, I wish we had rotation options the manager trusted. I think if a Schneiderlin was signed, it would allow for more rotation in this vital area of the pitch. He will be to expensive for us however.

Add to that he is in his first season in the Lge
All players have dips in form, but you have to credit Masons work rate, he doesn't stop putting it in - not something all players can say

He is, especially by GB. I'm not quite sure what he sees in him. He brings energy and he likes a tackle, but I don't see him offering much else defensively or going forward. I wouldn't sell him by any means, however, I do think we need an upgrade on him as he's a squad player IMO.

Don't agree that it has been poor all season. In fact in some games it has been excellent. It is poor when teams defend deep and we don't press them high up the pitch. I genuinely believe it is better when Dembele is on the park. Contrary to popular opinion I believe his ability to win the ball, hold on to it and be direct is critical to how well we play. For me there are 2 critical areas we need to address - defending in front of our back 4 and more striking options backing up kane.

You're right, there have been quite a few games this season where it has been excellent, and I am totally behind Poch, I think he'll get it right.

But if we are talking about consistent creative play where we regularly create good chances in more games than not, there's only been one period since Redknapp.

He is, especially by GB. I'm not quite sure what he sees in him. He brings energy and he likes a tackle, but I don't see him offering much else defensively or going forward. I wouldn't sell him by any means, however, I do think we need an upgrade on him as he's a squad player IMO.

The key he is right now he is better than others on that position IMO. He plays at a tempo that puts us on the front foot. That's what GB likes and I like too. He does wins tackles and he does pass positively rather than safely and sideways.

If we can buy a better player then I'm all for it but if we don't then I'm not concerned. Personally I look at our lack of creativity in the attcking 3 behind Kane as an upgrade needed urgently and we desperately need more strikers

The key he is right now he is better than others on that position IMO. He plays at a tempo that puts us on the front foot. That's what GB likes and I like too. He does wins tackles and he does pass positively rather than safely and sideways.

If we can buy a better player then I'm all for it but if we don't then I'm not concerned. Personally I look at our lack of creativity in the attcking 3 behind Kane as an upgrade needed urgently and we desperately need more strikers

Same reasons I like him. He's no world beater, but if there's no upgrade available I'm happy to see how he progresses.

Would agree with that, I remember the same type of hype about Caulker, Livermore and they are now with teams fighting relegation.

Back