• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

It helps that we were playing against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, probably the most non-competitive team in the league at the moment.

I think we need to be extremely careful about reading too much into that match.

good point

look at Chadlis goal, there were 6 of them goal side of the ball, not a single one closed him down

It helps that we were playing against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, probably the most non-competitive team in the league at the moment.

I think we need to be extremely careful about reading too much into that match.

We have been wide open through the middle for a while with Mason in there, Paulinio helped stop that yesterday and did enough to keep his place.

If mason and especially Townsend walk straight back in the team I'll really give up. Especially if it's followed by a turgid performance!!! I'd doubt Poch's ability to learn from his many and huge mistakes!

Paulinho hardly made a tackle. He played ok and arguably great by his own poor standards but he was hardly setting they world on fire

Surely you have to take into context how bad new stakes midfield where?? There one decent payer was suspended and even their own fans didn't want to turn up. I know there are similarities between us and them but this was a banker game in my opinion

Mason after a rest has to start vs Southampton IMO as he is simply a better player than Poorlinho

I'd actually like Mason and Bentelab to start with Dembele, then have CHadli, eriksen and Kane in front of them

If that's the case, then the regression (Im no tounsend hater, i think there are other places fingers should be point rather than at him) in performances when it comes to actual matches would be a psychological and should be relatively easily overcome.
Both are absolutely accurate.

Paulinho hardly made a tackle. He played ok and arguably great by his own poor standards but he was hardly setting they world on fire

Surely you have to take into context how bad new stakes midfield where?? There one decent payer was suspended and even their own fans didn't want to turn up. I know there are similarities between us and them but this was a banker game in my opinion

Mason after a rest has to start vs Southampton IMO as he is simply a better player than Poorlinho

I'd actually like Mason and Bentelab to start with Dembele, then have CHadli, eriksen and Kane in front of them

paulinho's strength - drifing into good positions, vision and deft touch
paulinho's weaknesses - tackling, defensive mindedness

he's a good player and could fit in many teams who has a proper defensive set up (DM or back 4)

but the way poch wants his players he doesn't need them having complementary skills, but a team of athletic football robots with more or less the same programming.

this is interesting - how mourinho used zouma to counter ours and man u.

he's a beast, that zouma. mourinho likes a strong DM doesnt he.

http://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item9815358/

The Frenchman featured in midfield in the Capital One Cup final win over Tottenham in March and the 1-0 victory at West Ham and last Sunday was assigned a similar role alongside Nemanja Matic against Louis van Gaal's much-improved side.

Although United dominated possession, Jose Mourinho's men secured the spoils thanks to Eden Hazard's first-half winner and the manager was delighted with the success of his tactics.

Mourinho said: "Control their direct football to Marouane Fellaini and control the wingers from making crosses on the inside foot.

"Wait for a mistake and score a goal. We were able to make their important players disappear. Nobody saw them. They were in our pockets."

Discussing the instructions on Monday, handed down last weekend, Zouma told Chelsea's website: "I had to stay with Fellaini because we knew he is on fire at the moment.

"He has scored a lot of goals so I had to keep an eye on him, and I think I did it well. I had to be physical with him and stay close to him.

"The game was very difficult. The most important thing was that we had one chance and we scored. We defended very well. Manchester United didn't have many chances to score. We stayed compact."

Speaking immediately after the victory at Stamford Bridge, Mourinho saluted the efforts of the 20-year-old Frenchman and said: "I told Zouma I want the game to be 10 against 10, I didn't want the game to be 11 against 11.

"During the week we were working for that and the game was 10 against 10. See the jobs he is doing for us, as a central defender playing against [Emirates Marketing Project's Sergio] Aguero, as a central defender playing against [Liverpool's Raheem] Sterling.

"He played as the holding midfield player against Tottenham in a system with only one holding midfield player.

"Against Man United he played to stop Fellaini from playing in the box. He is doing amazing jobs for us. He is mentally very, very strong, too. Not just physically, mentally he is very strong.

"He's learned a lot from a tactical point of view since his arrival. So we can imagine with him being aged 20, Chelsea has 10 years of Zouma."

this is interesting - how mourinho used zouma to counter ours and man u.

he's a beast, that zouma. mourinho likes a strong DM doesnt he.

http://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item9815358/

The Frenchman featured in midfield in the Capital One Cup final win over Tottenham in March and the 1-0 victory at West Ham and last Sunday was assigned a similar role alongside Nemanja Matic against Louis van Gaal's much-improved side.

Although United dominated possession, Jose Mourinho's men secured the spoils thanks to Eden Hazard's first-half winner and the manager was delighted with the success of his tactics.

Mourinho said: "Control their direct football to Marouane Fellaini and control the wingers from making crosses on the inside foot.

"Wait for a mistake and score a goal. We were able to make their important players disappear. Nobody saw them. They were in our pockets."

Discussing the instructions on Monday, handed down last weekend, Zouma told Chelsea's website: "I had to stay with Fellaini because we knew he is on fire at the moment.

"He has scored a lot of goals so I had to keep an eye on him, and I think I did it well. I had to be physical with him and stay close to him.

"The game was very difficult. The most important thing was that we had one chance and we scored. We defended very well. Manchester United didn't have many chances to score. We stayed compact."

Speaking immediately after the victory at Stamford Bridge, Mourinho saluted the efforts of the 20-year-old Frenchman and said: "I told Zouma I want the game to be 10 against 10, I didn't want the game to be 11 against 11.

"During the week we were working for that and the game was 10 against 10. See the jobs he is doing for us, as a central defender playing against [Emirates Marketing Project's Sergio] Aguero, as a central defender playing against [Liverpool's Raheem] Sterling.

"He played as the holding midfield player against Tottenham in a system with only one holding midfield player.

"Against Man United he played to stop Fellaini from playing in the box. He is doing amazing jobs for us. He is mentally very, very strong, too. Not just physically, mentally he is very strong.

"He's learned a lot from a tactical point of view since his arrival. So we can imagine with him being aged 20, Chelsea has 10 years of Zouma."

I have to say in the cup final I thought he was poor but positionally he did his job. The logic of playing him or anyone there though is the key. They the same with Matic who offers more all round

Sounds like the philosophy of Bill Belichick (coach of the New England Patriots): neutralise your opponent's key play-maker and take your chances with reduced coverage of the supporting players.

A big strong centre half as a defensive midfielder against someone using a target man quite heavily is pretty much what we did against Stoke with Kaboul a couple of seasons ago. Quite effectively then too.

Against us in the cup final I think it was more out of necessity as both Matic and Mikel were unavailable iirc? Of course won't stop the media or Mourinho himself from post-hoc trying to make it seem like some brilliant tactical decision.

Are you a comedy character?

Because I don't agree with you? If only you had a brain maybe you could actually learnt to debate and expression opinions instead of just inane brick like this all the time. Funny we had our best games in months as soon as Townsend and Mason were dropped.

And people say Paulinho isn't very good, I agree, I completely agree, but he's still better than mason. Personally I'd put Stambouli or Dembele in there. But as long as it's not Mason I'll be happy. Ultimately Paulinho is infinitely better at movement and positioning to be a part of a unit, not just read around a bit - but he has heart and energy so HE'S AMAZING!!!!!!

Because I don't agree with you? If only you had a brain maybe you could actually learnt to debate and expression opinions instead of just inane crud like this all the time. Funny we had our best games in months as soon as Townsend and Mason were dropped.

And people say Paulinho isn't very good, I agree, I completely agree, but he's still better than mason. Personally I'd put Stambouli or Dembele in there. But as long as it's not Mason I'll be happy. Ultimately Paulinho is infinitely better at movement and positioning to be a part of a unit, not just read around a bit - but he has heart and energy so HE'S AMAZING!!!!!!

What exactly is it that you don't like about Mason's play?

Granted he's no world beater, but he moves the ball quickly and his first look is almost always forward which is something we've been lacking in Midfield for a while. Added to that, he can mix it when needed, likes a tackle.

So what don't you rate about him?

What exactly is it that you don't like about Mason's play?

Granted he's no world beater, but he moves the ball quickly and his first look is almost always forward which is something we've been lacking in Midfield for a while. Added to that, he can mix it when needed, likes a tackle.

So what don't you rate about him?

I also don't see how people can be desperate for Schneiderlin, but not like Mason. They are very similar.

The only difference is Schneiderlin is a couple of years older (he was still playing in the championship when he was Mason's age)

I also don't see how people can be desperate for Schneiderlin, but not like Mason. They are very similar.

The only difference is Schneiderlin is a couple of years older (he was still playing in the championship when he was Mason's age)

Because Schneiderlein is ten times the player Mason will ever be . Mason is vastly overrated on this forum, and I don't want him in the starting 11

Because Schneiderlein is ten times the player Mason will ever be . Mason is vastly overrated on this forum, and I don't want him in the starting 11

I am not sure he is 10 times better but I do believe Mason is over hyped by some.

His ability as a player is overrated by some, but the type of player he is is something we've been crying out for for a while now

Back