• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Andy Sinton? Andy Booth?

We’ve had some brick over the years but Sissoko is genuinely up there. The fella cost 30mill, is being paid 90k a week and looks panicked anytime he has to control a football.

I do think that some can not look past the amount of money we spent on Sissoko ( probably the same ones who used to slag of Lamela when he first came here( not saying you were one of them). The fact is that transfer fees have gone through the roof over the last few seasons so really a player should not be judged on them.

I remember the days when a lot of fans raved about Freud and he was the same as Sissoko as a player.

I do think that some can not look past the amount of money we spent on Sissoko ( probably the same ones who used to slag of Lamela when he first came here( not saying you were one of them). The fact is that transfer fees have gone through the roof over the last few seasons so really a player should not be judged on them.

I remember the days when a lot of fans raved about Freud and he was the same as Sissoko as a player.

Fair point Sir. Not Sissoko’s fault about the fee and wages.

We really did have some brick players, i know some complain about Trippier, Davies but i still get nightmares about Fenwick and PVH being our FB's pairing. :eek:

The first Spurs player I can remember being booed by our fans was Terry Fenwick.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="parklane1,
I remember the days when a lot of fans raved about Freud and he was the same as Sissoko as a player.[/QUOTE]

Ahh but you forget the fist pump, the crowd loved Freundy, limited as he was, because of the fist pump.

That is why I raised the question re AVB. At his post match presser, all he seemed to bring up was issues of our domination and amount of possession. These are not, in and of themselves, what our goals should be. The freshness, workrate, dynamism and team spirit which identified his early years seems to have been sadly lacking recently.

His latest forays into the transfer market simply haven't strengthened the team, as opposed to the squad, one iota. Even his best recent buy, Sanchez, has had the effect of weakening the team (at least in the short term) as it has come at the expense of Alderwereld, who is currently the better player. Why he persists with Lamela against bus parkers when Lucas is available, is simply mind blowing and gives strength to the argument that he plays favourites.

I am certainly not calling for Poch to resign or be sacked, but I do think he must learn from his mistakes. This upcoming transfer window could prove pivotal to our destiny. Get it right, and we move onwards and upwards, get it wrong and all the good work and foundations he has laid will be undone.

He is dealing with a media more savage than anything I can remember, because that media also includes the public/socials. The Kane thing was a massive gang-up (these are young men remember) and I believe he dances a minefield these days in press conferences. I agree with you re: the window, absolutely.

If he plays Lucas he needs to allow him to do damage uptop.

The most intriguing question is how many of this current squad does he consider sub-par for a proper tilt next season?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Freund was a simple defensive mid, we knew what we were getting and at the time it was exactly what we needed to help protect the exposed back 4. Plus he cost 1 million pounds iirc. what we dudnt know we were getting was such a fantastic character.

Sissoko is not what we needed at all, his performances and more importantly attitude stunk the place out at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and yet we decided to make him our record signing. :confused: we were crying out for a Mane type, a wide forward who us rapid, can score and assist, but we go and spunk 30 mill on Sissoko who has none of those qualities. Why would you do that for a player that can just run around a bit. It was frustrating

Nothing against the lad but it was a bad deal and yes from all points of view one of the worst the club has ever made.

Ramon Vega, Ben thatcher. Gregor rasiak.

Vega was after the fact. He was highly rated in Italian football and performed well there. He just ended up being not good enough in England

Rasiak was cheap and we knew we were buying rubbish

Thatcher is on par with Sissoko. From the outset we were all shocked as to why we were paying a lot for an average full back at Wimbledon who was a thug first footballer second.

Indeed, and you forgot the biggest donkey of them all Rual Fox.

Fox was a good player at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, effective under Keegan in that free flowing side in the mid 90's. He became a donkey at Spurs

Sissoko was already a donkey at Saudi Sportswashing Machine and yet we made him out record signing. Can you see the difference?

Fox was a good player at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, effective under Keegan in that free flowing side in the mid 90's. He became a donkey at Spurs

Sissoko was already a donkey at Saudi Sportswashing Machine and yet we made him out record signing. Can you see the difference?

Fox was crap at Saudi Sportswashing Machine as well i was told that by some guys i was working with who supported Saudi Sportswashing Machine. And as i said earlier in the thread there are a lot of fans who think that transfer fees mean anything in todays game.

I get i that you do not rate Sissoko but there is a lot of over the top criticism of him on here, you do not rate him and that is fair enough but i do not intend to get into the Sissoko debate again.

Freund was a simple defensive mid, we knew what we were getting and at the time it was exactly what we needed to help protect the exposed back 4. Plus he cost 1 million pounds iirc. what we dudnt know we were getting was such a fantastic character.

Sissoko is not what we needed at all, his performances and more importantly attitude stunk the place out at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and yet we decided to make him our record signing. :confused: we were crying out for a Mane type, a wide forward who us rapid, can score and assist, but we go and spunk 30 mill on Sissoko who has none of those qualities. Why would you do that for a player that can just run around a bit. It was frustrating

Nothing against the lad but it was a bad deal and yes from all points of view one of the worst the club has ever made.
We may have been crying out for a wide forward but I don't think that was the reason he was bought. Imo he was bought as cover for Dembele, i.e a player to run through the press from deep.

He wasn't a donkey at Saudi Sportswashing Machine he was a decent, but frustrating player. Benitez made him his captain.

He is not a world beater we can all agree on that, but he has done a job.

We may have been crying out for a wide forward but I don't think that was the reason he was bought. Imo he was bought as cover for Dembele, i.e a player to run through the press from deep.

He wasn't a donkey at Saudi Sportswashing Machine he was a decent, but frustrating player. Benitez made him his captain.

He is not a world beater we can all agree on that, but he has done a job.

Barely. I think the money could have been spent a whole lot better else where. He's been a disaster,but in this crazy market Daniel Levy may even get his money back.

Back