• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

thats what he has been doing and tbh his record is very patchy.

id bring back Lovejoy to help out

Wasn’t he responsible for the clusterfudge with the Bale money?

Poch isn’t getting the signings he wants. Sissoko, for example, was clearly a Levy signing who Poch had doubts about if you read his book.

I keep reading posters saying this, yet I’m yet to see a poster suggesting we actually replace Poch? Is it being questioned whether he can take us any further, yes - but what you’re implying is something very different....
Mikey10 was only yesterday suggesting we replace Poch with Simeone or Ancelloti. Poch has taken us a level above Harry with arguably a weaker squad. I didn't defend Harry because it was right to get rid when we did. It's not right to get rid of Poch at this stage while he is still improving us. To make a comparison between the two is ridiculous.

Mikey10 was only yesterday suggesting we replace Poch with Simeone or Ancelloti. Poch has taken us a level above Harry with arguably a weaker squad. I didn't defend Harry because it was right to get rid when we did. It's not right to get rid of Poch at this stage while he is still improving us. To make a comparison between the two is ridiculous.
I wasn’t making a comparison, there couldn’t be two more opposite managers. Was just reminding that we had been in the CL before Poch came along, some have been talking as if Poch has done the impossible by doing so....

Poch is the best manager we have had here since KB and IF anyone is suggesting/thinking of changing him for another manager then they should give themselves a slap. I do not agree with his stance over the cups but its not him that is the problem.

I am sad to say that its some of our players who need to take a good look at themselves, we DO Lack a winners mentality ( no matter what some suggest) and some of the players need to wake up and relize they have done nothing yet. I was glad to see how upset/sad/ distressed Ali was after our defeat ( in yet ANOTHER crunch game against Utd) and i hope to see some more players getting it or Poch signing some who do.

I posted on here a couple of seasons back that my worry was that IF we kept falling at the last hurdle then i could see players wanting to leave, we have lost Walker and maybe Rose and Toby will be the next out of the door. Of course some will disagree with that but we have to start winning crunch games and not saying " next season will be ours"

I was asking if Simeone and Ancelloti are obvious solutions to our issue - not being able to win crunch games. I’m not calling for Poch to be sacked but I am saying that he’s got us to a certain level, with a fair amount of evidence now stacking up that he might not be able to take us further. There are other strong candidates (ie Simeone and Ancelloti) for whom there is a fair amount of evidence that they could get us over the line to winning something.

I’d love Poch to prove me wrong although I’ve a sense that he might walk at season’s end anyhow; something doesn’t feel right at the moment.

I wasn’t making a comparison, there couldn’t be two more opposite managers. Was just reminding that we had been in the CL before Poch came along, some have been talking as if Poch has done the impossible by doing so....

2010-11 Was our before in the Cl, Poch has managed 2016-17, 2017-18 and hopefully 2018-19.

So yeah, we've been there before but not at a regular level in any means.

2010-11 Was our before in the Cl, Poch has managed 2016-17, 2017-18 and hopefully 2018-19.

So yeah, we've been there before but not at a regular level in any means.
Indeed, that fact has not been lost on me. I don’t want Poch going anywhere yet, I just understand and appreciate the concerns of those who aren’t currently happy with him....

Poch is the best manager we have had here since KB and IF anyone is suggesting/thinking of changing him for another manager then they should give themselves a slap. I do not agree with his stance over the cups but its not him that is the problem.

I am sad to say that its some of our players who need to take a good look at themselves, we DO Lack a winners mentality ( no matter what some suggest) and some of the players need to wake up and relize they have done nothing yet. I was glad to see how upset/sad/ distressed Ali was after our defeat ( in yet ANOTHER crunch game against Utd) and i hope to see some more players getting it or Poch signing some who do.

I posted on here a couple of seasons back that my worry was that IF we kept falling at the last hurdle then i could see players wanting to leave, we have lost Walker and maybe Rose and Toby will be the next out of the door. Of course some will disagree with that but we have to start winning crunch games and not saying " next season will be ours"

This!!!

Indeed, that fact has not been lost on me. I don’t want Poch going anywhere yet, I just understand and appreciate the concerns of those who aren’t currently happy with him....

I get the concerns, I really do. But for people to think about it being better to cut our losses now and let him go or that we should get rid because the last month has been far from ideal is just a tad meh for me tbh.

Indeed, and you forgot the biggest donkey of them all Rual Fox.

Andy Sinton? Andy Booth?

We’ve had some brick over the years but Sissoko is genuinely up there. The fella cost 30mill, is being paid 90k a week and looks panicked anytime he has to control a football.

Back