• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Would be ideal if we could field a team like
Lloris
Trippier
Fazio
Wimmer
Davies
Bentaleb
Mason
Carroll
Son
Chadli
N'Jie

Get the win and rest our entire XI. Unfortunately I don't think we can. Chadli won't prob be back for a while.

Maybe not the entire 11 but definitely Kane, Verts, Alderweireld, Dier and Eriksen at the very least.

Remember Poch is the guy who is so particular that he takes the players' own bedding on away trips. I can see us staying 2 nights overnight so routines aren't disrupted.

And please tell me which Premier League games are so easy that we can rest our best players & still be confident of a win. I don't think that there are any easy games in the PL these days.

And please tell me which Premier League games are so easy that we can rest our best players & still be confident of a win. I don't think that there are any easy games in the PL these days.

I'd be confident giving players like Wimmer and Njie a start at home to any club outside the big 6. The rest of our squad is capable enough across the board that we can start to integrate these.

We all know from 2011-12 what happens if you just run your best team into the ground - the wheels fall off in February.

We change things around well in all other positions - only CB and CF are we not rotating enough.

It was Cortese that introduced the bedding thing at Southampton iirc

Its actually nothing new in high level sport. They had been doing it in the NFl for example to the length of bringing their own toilet paper

if you want to know about attention to detail you need to read up on David Brailsford and the sky team... unbelievable what they do to gain "small margins" and what sports/technology he will invest in

I'm pretty sure the players' fitness levels and fatigue are monitored very closely and Poch knows who is good to play and who isn't. So if you see the entire first team starting in Baku, then it's probably because they're fine and will be fine for Sunday's game.

The reason I would like to see a different team is to give some of the youngsters and reserves some game time. Would love to see Onomah start and CCV make his senior team debut. :)

I'd be confident giving players like Wimmer and Njie a start at home to any club outside the big 6. The rest of our squad is capable enough across the board that we can start to integrate these.

We all know from 2011-12 what happens if you just run your best team into the ground - the wheels fall off in February.

We change things around well in all other positions - only CB and CF are we not rotating enough.

I think that's being narrow minded to believe wholly that the reason that we struggled in 2011/12 was the matter of 'running the best team in to the ground'. I think that Redknapp's court case & his demand for attention re the England job, and so his distraction for the second half of the season were more the factors behind our club's lack of form than the players.

That said, I do agree with mixing up the team to keep the players fresh. I just think that we rotate the players when appropriate, rather than just bench a number of players for the same games. I'm sure that in the past we have dropped players for individual games, only to regret just that. So that would be an equally big mistake to make that running the players in to the ground.

If we beat Monaco at home we're guaranteed to qualify, regardless of our result in Baku. If we can't beat Monaco at home then we're clearly not good enough to win the Europa League so we should prioritise finishing in the top 4 - which may well be our last chance of getting into the Champions League via the league given that Chelsea and Liverpool surely won't be this bad again next season and England may lose it's 4th spot.

Given that Liverpool are playing Emirates Marketing Project away next week, if we win our next two league games we could quite conceivably find ourselves seven points and thirteen points respectively ahead of our two main rivals for a top four spot, going into a run of games against West Brom, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Southampton, Norwich and Watford.

Ergo - fudge the Qarabag game. If we can take anything from it then great, but for the reasons above we should not be risking anyone important for that game. Don't want to see Kane, Dier, Alli, Eriksen, Dembele, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Walker, even Lloris, anywhere near that plane to Azerbaijan. Hopefully Bentaleb and N'Jie will be approaching something resembling match fitness by that point and Townsend has made up his differences with the management.

On another note - just thought I'd point out that Poch has equalled Redknapp's longest unbeaten run as manager, and if we avoid defeat against West Ham, he will have equalled our longest unbeaten run of the Premier League era (12 games, under AVB in the 2012-13 season).

If we beat Monaco at home we're guaranteed to qualify, regardless of our result in Baku. If we can't beat Monaco at home then we're clearly not good enough to win the Europa League so we should prioritise finishing in the top 4 - which may well be our last chance of getting into the Champions League via the league given that Chel53a and Liverpool surely won't be this bad again next season and England may lose it's 4th spot.

Given that Liverpool are playing Emirates Marketing Project away next week, if we win our next two league games we could quite conceivably find ourselves seven points and thirteen points respectively ahead of our two main rivals for a top four spot, going into a run of games against West Brom, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Southampton, Norwich and Watford.

Ergo - fudge the Qarabag game. If we can take anything from it then great, but for the reasons above we should not be risking anyone important for that game. Don't want to see Kane, Dier, Alli, Eriksen, Dembele, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Walker, even Lloris, anywhere near that plane to Azerbaijan. Hopefully Bentaleb and N'Jie will be approaching something resembling match fitness by that point and Townsend has made up his differences with the management.

On another note - just thought I'd point out that Poch has equalled Redknapp's longest unbeaten run as manager, and if we avoid defeat against West Ham, he will have equalled our longest unbeaten run of the Premier League era (12 games, under AVB in the 2012-13 season).

Anything can happen in a one off game. So I think that it is wrong to say that we are not good enough to win the competition if we can't beat Monaco at home. If we do not get a result in Azerbaijan, we risk putting pressure on ourselves, which would get worse if we do not get an early goal against Monaco and the crowd start getting nervous.

Anything can happen in a one off game. So I think that it is wrong to say that we are not good enough to win the competition if we can't beat Monaco at home. If we do not get a result in Azerbaijan, we risk putting pressure on ourselves, which would get worse if we do not get an early goal against Monaco and the crowd start getting nervous.

Would be exactly the same in the knock-out stages. What if we've been beaten at the Westfalenstadion and need to beat Dortmund at the Lane to stay in the competition? There will be far tougher tests than Monaco to come if we're to win it. EL group stage games can be quite boring anyway, would be good to have a big European night with something riding on it to look forward to.

Would be exactly the same in the knock-out stages. What if we've been beaten at the Westfalenstadion and need to beat Dortmund at the Lane to stay in the competition? There will be far tougher tests than Monaco to come if we're to win it. EL group stage games can be quite boring anyway, would be good to have a big European night with something riding on it to look forward to.

The pressure later on in the competition is difficult to avoid but it is stupid to invite pressure where you do not need to.

I like the way that fans think we should beat teams who they consider to be not as good as us and get all bent out of shape when we fail to do so. One game at a time and the next one is always the important one.

I like the way that fans think we should beat teams who they consider to be not as good as us and get all bent out of shape when we fail to do so. One game at a time and the next one is always the important one.

Exactly. How many times do you see the better team knocked out of a cup?

Two draws in our last two EL games and we're through; we don't need wins! Should only take 11 senior players to Baku

I think Pochettino will want three points in Baku to ensure progression at the earliest opportunity, so I don't think he'll be leaving too many key players behind in their carpet slippers. We might see them starting on the bench, and only making an appearance if the situation requires it, but I think a strong squad will travel. It shouldn't be a big issue, if the arrangements are made properly and we plan a two-day stop-over. Anyway, it's only Chelsea :)

Last edited:
Back