• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

complete and utter garbage.

mason and bentaleb were fine but you cant have eriksen and lamela outside them as they will be left exposed. take out ****ty lamela and put in a solid hard working player like lennon and you watch the difference

youre chatting your usual **** I see

My feeling is, if you get Walker back to full sharpness, and give Poch 2 quality players to replace Lamela and Soldado in this side, he would give us a very decent team indeed.

This.

Benteke and a direct and pacy midfielder.

Also think we need another centre half - one with pace.

Mason and bentaleb simply isn't a decent midfield pairing. One of them if you must, but never both. Not defensive enough, not attacking enouh.

And again, I know I've been saying it ever since his inclusion, but I just watch mason and I'm almost baffled, o try and figure out what people see in him and just see a very poor player working very hard...

Dembele comes on and drives with the ball, positive, powerful. Stambouli offers some defensive assurance (and also some surprising attacking threat) mason just... Passes... Runs around. I dint know. I'm certain where he'll be in a couple of years. Either way, stambouli or dembele to start please

Mason and bentaleb simply isn't a decent midfield pairing. One of them if you must, but never both. Not defensive enough, not attacking enouh.

And again, I know I've been saying it ever since his inclusion, but I just watch mason and I'm almost baffled, o try and figure out what people see in him and just see a very poor player working very hard...

Dembele comes on and drives with the ball, positive, powerful. Stambouli offers some defensive assurance (and also some surprising attacking threat) mason just... Passes... Runs around. I dint know. I'm certain where he'll be in a couple of years. Either way, stambouli or dembele to start please

They are there to recycle the ball as quickly as possibly to the right areas at tempo.
No one else in the team can do that. Especially not Dembele. The guy applies for a passport for the ball before it to travels on.

merely recycling the ball is not enough. the opposition just sits back and waits for something to happen while we run ourselves down. a move must start from that area of the pitch.

mason does get forward and plays some nice searching balls forwards. bentaleb does a lot of recycling which i find quite pointless when we are a team lacking attacking initiative. that balance in the centre of the pitch still isn't right with mason and bentaleb and what we saw yesterday.

would like to see stambouli and mason - both display a desire to get forward more than bentaleb, and we desperately need to speed up our transition into attack.

merely recycling the ball is not enough. the opposition just sits back and waits for something to happen while we run ourselves down. a move must start from that area of the pitch.

mason does get forward and plays some nice searching balls forwards. bentaleb does a lot of recycling which i find quite pointless when we are a team lacking attacking initiative. that balance in the centre of the pitch still isn't right with mason and bentaleb and what we saw yesterday.

would like to see stambouli and mason - both display a desire to get forward more than bentaleb, and we desperately need to speed up our transition into attack.

You are clearly not a Bentaleb fan.

I believe he will mature into a huge talent who we will be lucky to keep hold of. He is equally comfortable as an attacking midfielder, indeed, he has a hell of a shot on him which (if encouraged) would see a good 8-10 goals a season IMO. He can also play a fantastic pass, and has done on several occasions, but right now he is playing a role and feeding supposedly more 'creative' outlets. The issue is, we haven't seen all of them clicking yet. I lament the fact this lad wasn't ready during AVB's first season, as he would've been marvelous for us in that side. We look a more resilient side whenever he is playing for me. Currently one of the first names on my team sheet.

I believe he will mature into a huge talent who we will be lucky to keep hold of. He is equally comfortable as an attacking midfielder, indeed, he has a hell of a shot on him which (if encouraged) would see a good 8-10 goals a season IMO. He can also play a fantastic pass, and has done on several occasions, but right now he is playing a role and feeding supposedly more 'creative' outlets. The issue is, we haven't seen all of them clicking yet. I lament the fact this lad wasn't ready during AVB's first season, as he would've been marvelous for us in that side. We look a more resilient side whenever he is playing for me. Currently one of the first names on my team sheet.
I was really impressed with Bantaleb in the first half yesterday. He lost his way a bit after they scored but so did the rest of the team.

Perhaps Bentaleb is being asked to sit back more? He got forward more last season in games where he was playing next to a defensive midfielder. Out of Mason and Bentaleb it makes sense that Bentaleb sits deeper most of the time.

He doesn't just recycle the ball. He certainly moves the ball quicker and more accurately than any of our more experienced central midfielders have shown themselves capable of.

We're still a work in progress, that includes Bentaleb and Mason of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eXvPudv-90

Match against Saudi Sportswashing Machine last season at St.James Park , not long ago so i think most of you could recall it.

Capoue was the one sitting in front of the back 4 as a shield while Bentaleb played in an advance role in that game .

I particularly like how he moved the ball simple but fast , made quick short pass and played one-two which easily got other involved. One of the main problem we have been talking about for so long , there is always lack of movement or player just stand too far to each other that there is no option to pass.

I think the clip clearly shown what he can offer when he's allow to join the attack and play upper.

While under Pochettino he is playing a different role.

Last edited:
I love Bentaleb but don't really get it with mason. Find it difficult to understand what all the fuss is about. I know a lot of players do and it really annoys the hell out of me but that chipped floaty pass he played yesterday to I think it was walker that should have just been a firm pass along the ground WTF!!! Why do they do that? A miss control, a slide tackle and nearly a broken ankle all because they think they are zidane!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Perhaps Bentaleb is being asked to sit back more? He got forward more last season in games where he was playing next to a defensive midfielder. Out of Mason and Bentaleb it makes sense that Bentaleb sits deeper most of the time.

That's what i thought too and base on that i really hope Pochettino would play Stambouli + Bentaleb.
Mainly because i believe Stambouli could do well as the deeper one and at the same time i think Bentaleb so far has shown more potential than Mason when he's been playing further up.

I do like Bentaleb - has a bit of Carrick about him i.e. simple passes... Carrick is better defensively but he also has about 10 years more experience. Think Bentaleb will be a good fulcrum

Not for us, not now. He is not ready for a top 4 challenging club. He has the tools so a season on loan at an Epl club playing consistently will get him there.

I'd have him on the bench, he'd be great at possession play and calming things down. But not when we're struggling with goals.

Not for us, not now. He is not ready for a top 4 challenging club. He has the tools so a season on loan at an Epl club playing consistently will get him there.

I'd have him on the bench, he'd be great at possession play and calming things down. But not when we're struggling with goals.

How will that help him? Look at Carrol at Swansea. We get way too excited about just loaning players out. The more games he plays in our team our set up under Poch the better it will be for his development and the more suited to our play. You CANNOT have a squad of 25 superstars, you need players like Bentaleb in there, players who give a **** about this club.

Then none of our central midfielders are.

Unless we sign 3-4 players better than Bentaleb and Mason for the central midfield positions sending him out on loan would make little sense to me at least.

Hate to break it to you, but this season I don't think we are meant to be a top 4 challenging club. Next season sure, but this one was meant to be to develop the first team and rebuild the squad into something decent.

I also agree with DHSF. If the lad is just on the verge of being EPL ready then let him train with our squad and get games in the cups. I think though that he has proven himself to be more than just on the verge of being ready, last season he came in looking like a player beyond his years. If he develops well we could have a very good box to box midfielder.

I was really impressed with Bantaleb in the first half yesterday. He lost his way a bit after they scored but so did the rest of the team.

7804.jpg

Good subs today, perhaps should have taken Lamela off earlier. Some nice passing at times in the final third and you could really see Pochs style of play whenever our full backs got forward. I like the team that ended the game, I think I'd start that in future, perhaps Mason for Dembele.

Personally I thought that Pochettino got schooled tactically by Monk (just as he also did by Warnock a week ago). Yes we won the game, but it was daylight robbery really with us being second best to Swansea for all but the first 20 minutes and last 5 to 10 minutes of the game. We worked hard and kept going which was pleasing, but overall I did not think it was a good performance at all.

You say that you could see Poch's style of play whenever our full backs got forward but it is all too easy for the opposition to stop that happening. Monk did exactly what Warnock did to us last weekend and played two wingers. This kept our fullbacks pinned back and ensured that we had no width when attacking. Their two proper wingers also led to our fullbacks having to take a very wide defensive position that resulted in huge gaps between them and our centre halves and also a large gap between our two centre halves. Swansea were able to capitalise on our stretched defence on numerous occasions with huge space for their creative players to thread the ball through to Bony, who played right on the edge of that 'offside' line and got in behind us a number of times. In the second half it looked as though Pochettino at least tried to counter this by getting Davies to play a bit more narrow but this then opened up acres of space for Routledge.

I didn't see much 'nice passing' from us in the final third'. There was Davies ball into Ericksen in the last minute that I thought was very good from both players (but this was a situation that came about simply due to a poor decision/clearance from Swansea). There was also one very nice attacking break from Spurs in the second half where our players hunted in a pack, turned the ball over around the half way line and then went forward quickly with the ball giving us a three on three against them and almost resulted in a chance being created for us.

I have seen a few people criticising Bentaleb and/or Mason but they are getting completely outumbered in the midfield. The opposition push their fullbacks up (as they don't have to worry about any pace and width from our two wide midfielders) this leaves our two in the midfield outnumbered against the opposition's three. We can counter this by pulling Kane deeper to make up the numbers, but then we have no attacking outlet at all if we win the ball back.

The biggest positive I took out of that game was that it is another away game that we have won where we deserved to get beaten.... Perhaps there is something to that old Napolean quote of "Don't bring me good generals, bring me lucky generals". It seems that perhaps we finally have a lucky general at the helm.... I think I would prefer to have a general who was more 'good' than 'lucky' however.

Back