• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Tomorrow's press conference should be fun.
Questions about Eriksen, Jan, Toby, Wanyama, Aurier maybe, the team being unsettled. Poch getting fed up because he can't talk about Sunday's game and he's being asked questions he doesn't like, even though he was the one who said about the team being unsettled.

Roll on Tuesday so we at least know who's here and who isn't (player wise).
I can't believe Poch is going.

Bookmakers Coral have suspended betting on Mauricio Pochettino leaving Tottenham after a 'flurry of bets' on the market.

The Argentine boss was backed at odds as low as 1/6 to depart the north London club before the end of September.

The "high volume" of punts forced Coral to pull the plug on the market in potentially worrying news for Spurs fans.

Spokesman for Coral, John Hill, said: "This is a gamble which has taken us by surprise and as a result of the volume of bets we have taken, we have had no choice but to suspend betting to let the dust settle as there is rarely smoke without fire when it comes to such activity in our managerial markets.

Looking for a solid press conference from the big man.

No Cantonaesqe poems or double speak.

This isn't the time for media mind games, lemons, farming or manager/coach definitions. We need to be sending out a clear and firm message and then set minds to fudging task.

This will all be sorted out by the Brighton game!
Sadly either way!
Woooooooooooooooah!!!!! Easy fella!!!

I’ve only just realised your back :D

Welcome aboard again you crazy fool, what on earth are you thinking coming back once you’d escaped, haha! All I can say is the other board you went to must have been really really brick then ;-)

Good to have you back. While you away you’ll be pleased to know I successfully lobbied to have your popular-thread-but-with-the-brick-title renamed. It got renamed and moved to the transfer window forum and it quickly became one of the most popular threads ever. You’ll be delighted to know you missed your moment of glory. Thank me anytime. :D

I’ve also failed to have my monkey restored as you can see and am still Ken Dodd, at the behest of a bizarre sexual fetish @milo insists on playing at out my expense.

Glad to have you back, as @scaramanga is out of control. He’s gotten so much worse recently, he’s snorted mountains of premo coke off his desk hourly, and has even started burning inverted crosses in the forum front garden. He can be found prowling the balcony with a machine gun taking pot shots at anyone he claims was fair game as they “looked like Moussa Sissoko”.

I look forward to you righting these wrongs. No pressure.

Welcome back bud.

Welcome aboard again you crazy fool, what on earth are you thinking coming back once you’d escaped, haha! All I can say is the other board you went to must have been really really brick then ;-)

Good to have you back. While you away you’ll be pleased to know I successfully lobbied to have your popular-thread-but-with-the-brick-title renamed. It got renamed and moved to the transfer window forum and it quickly became one of the most popular threads ever. You’ll be delighted to know you missed your moment of glory. Thank me anytime. :D

I’ve also failed to have my monkey restored as you can see and am still Ken Dodd, at the behest of a bizarre sexual fetish @milo insists on playing at out my expense.

Glad to have you back, as @scaramanga is out of control. He’s gotten so much worse recently, he’s snorted mountains of premo coke off his desk hourly, and has even started burning inverted crosses in the forum front garden. He can be found prowling the balcony with a machine gun taking pot shots at anyone he claims was fair game as they “looked like Moussa Sissoko”.

Welcome back bud.

never go full @spooky

When in the summer you're thinking 'new cycle' 'project 2.0' ...starting the first full season in our completed stadium... everything in place and last seasons issues behind you...

you've really looked forward and believed it was a fresh start and a clean reboot. ...

...it grates when it's not quite like that, it's just delays, obstacles...a bloody inconvenience.

The new cycle needs fresh blood and full on commitment, Poch has probably overpsyched himself up a bit and is looking for energy and total buy in. He's got players around that ain't ticking that box. He's got players that he's probably burnt out. He's got players still on the brink of effing transfers.

He probably thought it would be cleaner than this, and instead, it's a bit of a mess.

When in the summer you're thinking 'new cycle' 'project 2.0' ...starting the first full season in our completed stadium... everything in place and last seasons issues behind you...

you've really looked forward and believed it was a fresh start and a clean reboot. ...

...it grates when it's not quite like that, it's just delays, obstacles...a bloody inconvenience.

The new cycle needs fresh blood and full on commitment, Poch has probably overpsyched himself up a bit and is looking for energy and total buy in. He's got players around that ain't ticking that box. He's got players that he's probably burnt out. He's got players still on the brink of effing transfers.

He probably thought it would be cleaner than this, and instead, it's a bit of a mess.

I certainly agree with the sentiment his head isnt in the game. Its the over riding feeling I get right now, and my greatest concern.

I could well believe that he has expended so much energy the last year or so that he is burnt out, struggling to find his mojo again.

I cant believe that the current situation was not forseen though, or that he shouldnt be in full control of things as they stand.

The fact he is complaining about the squad being unsettled really bothers me, its his job to settle it, focus it, and get the show on the road...

I certainly agree with the sentiment his head isnt in the game. Its the over riding feeling I get right now, and my greatest concern.

I could well believe that he has expended so much energy the last year or so that he is burnt out, struggling to find his mojo again.

I cant believe that the current situation was not forseen though, or that he shouldnt be in full control of things as they stand.

The fact he is complaining about the squad being unsettled really bothers me, its his job to settle it, focus it, and get the show on the road...
The way he’s behaving it seems a bit like burn out to me as well. Love the guy, but just looks, from the outside and the sound bites we see, that he needs a couple of months off away from football, or Spurs?! Disappointing, as he should have just had that really.

I’m still hoping it’s all just a storm in a tea cup and he gives a “nothing to see here” jovial presser today.

The way he’s behaving it seems a bit like burn out to me as well. Love the guy, but just looks, from the outside and the sound bites we see, that he needs a couple of months off away from football, or Spurs?! Disappointing, as he should have just had that really.

I’m still hoping it’s all just a storm in a tea cup and he gives a “nothing to see here” jovial presser today.

Oh absolutely, its purely speculative.

All Im saying is that if "burnout" is what came out in the wash, I wouldnt be shocked by it.

Things can change fast in football. Poch has said after Monday he will be better because he will know what he has. A good result Sunday, the window closing Monday (whatever will be) and maybe things are looking like their old self all of a sudden...

The only real concern for me is how much it seems to be getting to him/the players now.

Welcome back bud.

Hi again!
What was this epic thread called, I'm buggered if I can remember, as there are so many such top works of mine in the interweb?:D
As for righting wrongs, that will take time, patience and long sessions with therapists.

If there was any truth in the rumour the club would immediately brief mouthpiece of the club Gold to deny it until after the Arsenal game.

I couldnt give a fudge what Gold says. In fact Ive never once looked at his content and thought he had a decent source at the club. Just one of those that spouts his opinion as fact.

I also think youre heading down the rabbit hole by filling in blanks in those sorts of ways.

Since when have the club EVER responded to speculation? You can count on one hand. And its usually Levy directly, not using media mouthpieces with "sources" etc.

I completely get the vibe all is not well. However, I really dont buy the noise around it. Never do. Because we dont participate the media have free reign to run with whatever nonsense they like. Just look at every transfer window ever....

Back