• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I can't help thinking back to Cheatski when they downed tools to get Mou out. As soon as he went, the same players all started performing again. I'm hoping our lot have more about them than Cheatski, but I can't think of a feasible explanation to the downturn in form

Last season there are a dozen reasons for a downturn in form.

This season there are decidedly less, and all roads ultimately lead to the manager.

Either he is at fault for the malaise, or for not making changes to pull us out of it.

This season there are decidedly less, and all roads ultimately lead to the manager.

Either he is at fault for the malaise, or for not making changes to pull us out of it.

Sadly our CL final abject showing and these recent daft pressers are illustrating a lack of acumen at the level Spurs are now!

Sadly our CL final abject showing and these recent daft pressers are illustrating a lack of acumen at the level Spurs are now!

Maybe, time will tell. I dont generally consider Poch lacking acumen, pretty well ever, but I do think right now he seems distracted.

Or, at least, not focused on the things he can (and should) be effecting.

Maybe, time will tell. I dont generally consider Poch lacking acumen, pretty well ever, but I do think right now he seems distracted.

Or, at least, not focused on the things he can (and should) be effecting.

Yes ”acumen” could be the wrong word, maybe gravitas? Anyway I’m sure you know where I’m coming from.
I think he had done a sterling job until he had to sort out our big-ticket players moving on and to a lesser extent getting injuries sorted. It all though came to a head for me with the CL final showing which was quite surreal, it felt like we just making up the numbers. I have never felt so disappointed in a Spurs performance (that I can remember) in my 55 yeas following the whites! Since then it has been, simply turgid!

Eriksengate seems to have caused a schism throughout the first team squad sadly.
I'm reluctant to write him off just yet but he has to turn this around PDQ, as a Pochettino fan, I fear the ’pitchfork phalanx’ will out in force if things go as badly as some predict on Sunday. The international break will only make things worse as the press will have their knives out for a juicy story!

Last edited:
I think we were the better side in the CL final. Hardly a mighty complement, it was a terrible game. Sissoko completely undid us in the opening minutes, and the whole thing was set from there. And for me thats where the disappointment stems, from that moment I knew they would sit back and pick us off, and so it was.

I do wonder what might have been had we not given away a headstart.

The Eriksen situation should not be effecting us the way it is. It really shouldnt, and that it seems to be is on Poch - and raises concern. I dont like it, but I cant argue with it.

How he deals with the current situation will tell us a lot, IMO.

If there are reasons for last seasons downturn in form then the malaise we are discussing is 3 games old...

Back