• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mario Gomez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southcote Spur

Jason Dozzell
Spurs are preparing to offer Bayern Munich £7m for striker Mario Gomez, 27, who now appears to be surplus to requirements at the German club. (Story in the Metro)

I really don't think this will happen, but if it did, I think Gomez would be an awesome signing for us?

Yeah he'd be an amazing signing for us. We definitely need a new striker as I don't have faith that Ade and Defoe can score consistently. Gomez would be a step in the right direction but for a player like him, we definitely need a class attacking midfielder to ensure he gets all the chances he needs to score. Maybe Eriksen?

Can't see him going to a team without Champions League. Would be a good signing though, were it to happen

Spurs are preparing to offer Bayern Munich £7m for striker Mario Gomez, 27, who now appears to be surplus to requirements at the German club. (Story in the Metro)

I really don't think this will happen, but if it did, I think Gomez would be an awesome signing for us?

I like Gomez, both as a player and a person (he campaigns against homophobia in football, which is something few put their head above the parapet on).

But he's clearly going to Napoli, and we're just being used by his agent as a bargaining tool in thos negotiations. Much like Leandro's agent is using Napoli and Marsailles.

i dont rate gomez AT ALL...at least as an overall well rounded player.

when he is in form then he can finish...but thats about it. I dont rate much about the rest of his game

i would be disappointed if we wasted alot of money on him. Plus i am almost certain that we wont be doing that...not for a 27 year old we wont

i dont rate gomez AT ALL...at least as an overall well rounded player.

when he is in form then he can finish...but thats about it. I dont rate much about the rest of his game

i would be disappointed if we wasted alot of money on him. Plus i am almost certain that we wont be doing that...not for a 27 year old we wont

I haven't seen enough of him to really rate him, his record is impressive though. But, as far as I can tell he's a finisher and not much else, isn't that something we've been lacking? Someone with GHod movement in the box who might get on the end of the gazillion crosses we put in?

I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

I haven't seen enough of him to really rate him, his record is impressive though. But, as far as I can tell he's a finisher and not much else, isn't that something we've been lacking? Someone with GHod movement in the box who might get on the end of the gazillion crosses we put in?

I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

he is exactly that and that is what we need- would love to see Gomez play for Spurs.

I'd rather have someone who can dovetail nicely with Bale as well as put the ball in the net, like David Villa.

I'd rather have someone who can dovetail nicely with Bale as well as put the ball in the net, like David Villa.

Ofcourse, I'd rather have someone who offers what he does, and more, but would he be better than Ade/Defoe? Could we get anyone better?

Are you asking whether Villa would be better than Ade/Defoe? Personally I think he'd be on a different planet to those two, even if it's only for two years I think it'd be worth it.

Are you asking whether Villa would be better than Ade/Defoe? Personally I think he'd be on a different planet to those two, even if it's only for two years I think it'd be worth it.

Poorly worded by me there, I ment would Gomez be a substantial uppgrade?

Napoli and Bayer Leverkusen have both expressed an interest in Gomez, but is now understood that Tottenham have emerged as the front runners.

Andre Villas-Boas is desperate to land a proven finisher, and with talks failing to move forward with Internacional over Leandro Damiao, Gomez has emerged as a key target.

Spurs would be willing to offer around £7million for the striker, and would be happy to offer him around £70,000-a-week in wages.

Gomez is expected to meet with Tottenham officials in German next week to discuss his future.

--------------

:ross:

who wrote this article, Daniel Levy???

To be fair, German wage structures are a little odd. I remember a German football editor on The Sunday Supplement saying that Lewandowski is on £20k a week at BVB. Even taking into account press not knowing exact wages, talk of 20k means 15-30k is what they are talking about. So maybe Gomez would see 70k a week as a great wage!

Bayern don't play by the same rules, Wiki says Gomez is on €10m a year so just under €200k a week.

To be fair, German wage structures are a little odd. I remember a German football editor on The Sunday Supplement saying that Lewandowski is on £20k a week at BVB. Even taking into account press not knowing exact wages, talk of 20k means 15-30k is what they are talking about. So maybe Gomez would see 70k a week as a great wage!

no with Lewandowski he is on a low wage because he has constantly refused to sign a new much improved contract for the last few years. I think he is still on the same contract from when he signed from a Polish club

I highly doubt Gomez will sign a contract with his new club for less than 120k a week

Dortmund have had a huge increase in their turnover over the past few years but the wages didn't necessarily follow. They've been rengotiating a lot of their contracts recently so that the players are on wages similar to wages at other club and in line with increases in Dortmund's turnover.

Lewandowski is just being a bit of a dingdong though and is refusing to sign a new contract and has been for a while.

Bayern would laugh at us if we offered 7 million. And even if they didn't, Gomez would similarly laugh at us if we tried to offer him 70k. In my opinion anyway.

Not sure how much more than £7 m/£70k a week Gomez is worth. I mean he doesn't exactly offer a great deal, he is a good finisher but unless we sign another forward and a creative midfielder I don't think he will be a marked improvement. However, if we got the right players there are few better poachers about. There is a reason Mandzukic ousted him last season though...

Napoli and Bayer Leverkusen have both expressed an interest in Gomez, but is now understood that Tottenham have emerged as the front runners.

Andre Villas-Boas is desperate to land a proven finisher, and with talks failing to move forward with Internacional over Leandro Damiao, Gomez has emerged as a key target.

Spurs would be willing to offer around £7million for the striker, and would be happy to offer him around £70,000-a-week in wages.

Gomez is expected to meet with Tottenham officials in German next week to discuss his future.

--------------

:ross:

who wrote this article, Daniel Levy???

Sounds like the usual Tottenham type of bid. Without CL football to offer I think these type of guys are out of our range. With just the offer of EL on a Thursday night, we're probably more likley to be able to tempt the likes of Aruna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back