• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

Me too, and remember that Sunday Sky Sports round table program doing a segment on it and they all agreed that getting rid of Adkins was a huge mistake.

Perhaps it was. If they hadn't binned him off for Pochettino, he might still be there, and SCBC might be further forward by now, having enjoyed a period of relative stability. I suppose it's all ifs and buts at the end of the day though.

It’s just a merry-go-round of not-very-good managers taking on failing clubs, leaving failing clubs and joining other failing clubs. Like a closed shop for football managers.

And each failure gets a pay-off. I wonder if these managers getting fired and rehired end up earning more than equivalent managers who stay in a job longish term. Sven made a fortune with his pay-offs, supplemented by the FA paying him extra nearly every time he made an embarrassing rooster-up.

Not all of them. I know a couple of Liverpool fans who think Klopp is a charlatan.
They still love Benitez mind.
A point behind us. Most likely going through from the CL group stages. Not bad for a charlatan.

He's definitely capable of building something a bit special at Liverpool. He also has a collapse in him, but I would much prefer if he wasn't there.

Fat Sam will be a great fit for Everton, I'm getting ready to bet on a load of 1-0 winners with 10 mins to go.

Which broken players does he sign and squeeze their last & best performances?

That was the Bolton FS that made his name

And here too maybe, #relevant

"Once Everton appoint Sam Allardyce there will be 9 British managers in the Premier League, including all of the bottom 7, none in the top 6.
Major trophies between them: 0.
Average age: 53."

Young English managers aside, you think clubs would have learned by now?
Absolute disgrace these dinosaurs keep getting jobs.

"Once Everton appoint Sam Allardyce there will be 9 British managers in the Premier League, including all of the bottom 7, none in the top 6.

Sean Dyche - Burnley - top six. But yeah, a bit younger than the rest, at 46 a mere spring chicken.;)

1248.jpg

And here to is my reply to that from the other thread that you didn’t reply to:

You don’t think allardyce is a good manager? Or has a good record for a club in evertons position? Everton went down the Koeman route and that’s why they’re in the mess they’re in! In fact, the reason half those British managers are in the bottom 7 is because foreign managers put the teams there in the first place!! Lol

You could do a similar list of failed foreign managers as well.

It’s got nothing to do with nationality and everything to do with whether someone is actually “any good”! But unfortunately too many people fall for the sound bites and pigeonholing of the media these days.

I think Moyes and Pardew are brick by the way. But then I’m not generalizing based on nationality, just on ability.

Undeniably though, Moyes and Pardew keep getting work, which I think is part of the point being raised.

Why do average or failed managers keep getting premier league jobs?

Pardew for example, has basically one good season at Saudi Sportswashing Machine to his name for his entire career. Otherwise he has just been average and getting worse in every job.

Undeniably though, Moyes and Pardew keep getting work, which I think is part of the point being raised.

I think it was an attack on British managers, not on ability. It was a direct reference to the Allardyce appointment and people saying it was positive.

I could mention Zola, Grant, Poyet, di Matteo as examples of failed foreign managers who kept getting English league jobs.

I agree with your point about the same old failed managers, but that’s got nothing to do with nationality.

I think it was an attack on British managers, not on ability. It was a direct reference to the Allardyce appointment and people saying it was positive.

I could mention Zola, Grant, Poyet, di Matteo as examples of failed foreign managers who kept getting English league jobs.

I agree with your point about the same old failed managers, but that’s got nothing to do with nationality.

I wont argue with that. If that was the original intent then Im with you.

As it happens I think Allardyce is under rated, and Im very interested to see what he can do at a club like Everton.

Generally I think there is a rotation of the same old names, and it is for no good reason. I would much rather see managers given chances from the lower leagues. There are some really interesting prospects there, most of which never get considered even for failing premiership sides until they have managed to get promoted to the premiership themselves.

Pardew for example, has basically one good season at Saudi Sportswashing Machine to his name for his entire career. Otherwise he has just been average and getting worse in every job.

Pardew's tenures have the same peaks and troughs, but his record does show short term improvement.

Bringing a quick fix is a skill set that is attractive to clubs in certain situations.

Pardew's tenures have the same peaks and troughs, but his record does show short term improvement.

Bringing a quick fix is a skill set that is attractive to clubs in certain situations.

Pardew always has a pretty good new manager bump, seems to generate positivity and therefore some performance. Then it very quickly goes stale. Then he starts to just tinkle people off and he loses the team and results go bad.

Happens everywhere he goes.

While I appreciate sometimes that short uptick is exactly what a team wants, it is only ever a band aid and not a long term solution. Had WBA put him on a 6 month deal like West Ham did with Moyes? Id see that as quite canny management to be honest.

Instead they game him a 2.5 year deal, if memory serves. And lets be honest, we all know RIGHT NOW he will never get to the end of it. He probably wont even get through next season. And if we know that, WBA should know that, which begs the question of what they are even thinking...

Back