• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Malky Mackay Saga

I don't know about you but my employment contract says that the material I produce at work is the property of my employer. I also have a level of professional conduct that I am expected to up hold.

I agree with that. I was commenting on the reports that a court order allowed some private investigators to raid his home and gather information. This is not something I knew was possible, but if it is surely it was to be for specific reasons, not just general mining for dirt.

I agree with that. I was commenting on the reports that a court order allowed some private investigators to raid his home and gather information. This is not something I knew was possible, but if it is surely it was to be for specific reasons, not just general mining for dirt.

I have not seen the order, so it is difficult to comment, but if it was in the line of work and shared with colleagues, I find it hard to believe that anyone could claim that it was personal property and confidential.

Ridiculous in this day and age to be non pc and Intolerant of others. However, lets be honest in private most people are not pure in what they say. Everyone has most likely been racist sexist etc at some point and still are in private.
Agree completely. But as Milo mentioned this was within the work environment. I am incredibly careful what I say at work. He wasn't. Hence the trouble he is in.

Is there anyone on here who thinks that they could have made comments like Mackay is meant to have made in a work capacity about employees, prospective employees, customers, clients or people that you are doing business with, been found out, and get away with it on the basis that it is just "banter"?

Mackay told Sky Sports:

“Out of 10,000 text messages out of someone’s phone, I sent three. That being the case, looking at them, they are completely unacceptable and inappropriate; for any offence caused I sincerely apologise. That’s something I did and there is no excuse for that. I did it in a period when I was under immense pressure and stress in terms of the relationships that were not going too well at my football club at the time.

“I’m a manager, I’m a leader of people and it shouldn’t have happened. But I am a human being and I made a mistake. I am no racist, I am no sexist, I am no homophobe and I’m not antisemitic. It’s the people that don’t know me that I have to convince.

“It was someone else’s phone that a vast array of private texts were lifted from, in and out of the phone. I’ve received some, the three that I sent are what I’m accountable for. What I’ve done here has been stupid and made a mistake in three texts. These are testing times but I’ve got values and resilience. I will come back from this.”

So why send such text messages? In three texts he managed all four.

What sort of mind decides to send such messages? Did he think they are clever? Did he think the person he sent them to (Moody?) would appreciate them in some way? There are only three texts from this phone, but how many similar texts has he sent to other people? Was this just a routine text, one he didn't think about because he sends such texts to people all the time? Or were they careful crafted to appeal to this one recipient and, therefore, an exception and out of character?

Anyone believe the latter? I thought not. So in all likelihood these are just examples of the texts he sends to people. It is not just about three texts that were out of character and sent because he was under pressure. Which is an odd excuse as I don't see why why being under pressure makes one send racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic, sexist texts. Does putting others down boost self-esteem and make one feel better while under pressure? If so it implies an underlying belief in superiority over these groups. And I think we know what that makes him. Being under pressure just made him forget to apply the filter that he normally would. The excuse basically says I would normally have the sense not to send such texts, but I was under pressure and they just slipped out.

As someone said yesterday, when Mackay says that 'out of a 1000 messages I only sent three', and with those three all carrying varying levels of offence, his case is actually weakened as it seems the man can only text racist, homophobic ****e!

As someone said yesterday, when Mackay says that 'out of a 1000 messages I only sent three', and with those three all carrying varying levels of offence, his case is actually weakened as it seems the man can only text racist, homophobic ****e!

Cardiff say that they have further messages from him using discriminatory language and the Mail published one of them today.

Cardiff say that they have further messages from him using discriminatory language and the Mail published one of them today.

I saw that…so not only does he have a 100% rate of offensives messaging, he's either a liar or cannot count properly. How vindicated is Vincent Tan now?!!!!

Exactly, tan comes out of this looking pretty well, like Mackey really was a dingdong to work with. Shame, as I'd been backing Mackey this whole time.

Tan's still a c0ck though and I hope Cardiff go from bad to worse under him.

I saw that…so not only does he have a 100% rate of offensives messaging, he's either a liar or cannot count properly. How vindicated is Vincent Tan now?!!!!

He has made a bad situation worse by handling this really badly. He should have just come clean and apologised.

Career suicide. Madness. Also exposes some deep lying xenophobic attitudes in our media and football culture in my view. Vincent Tan was portrayed as the odd ball, clueless, Johnny Foreigner owner, whereas Mackay was the good, honest, salt of the earth type who was unfairly victimised and forced out. Various other managers were queuing up to advocate on his behalf from what I recall. They've all suddenly gone very quiet (apart from our Harry :)).

Malky Mackay is just a normal person who has had his dirty washing exposed for the world to see. Can't believe the queue of people on this Board who are so superior and so squeaky clean that they have never texted anything which would be embarassing. "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone...."

Malky Mackay is just a normal person who has had his dirty washing exposed for the world to see. Can't believe the queue of people on this Board who are so superior and so squeaky clean that they have never texted anything which would be embarassing. "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone...."

I have never texted anything like he has.

My girlfriend is half Chinese, not sure she'd appreciate me referring to anyone as a/the "chink".

Back