• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Malky Mackay Saga

No just not sensitive to crap that comes out of people's mouths that's all. Bad taste yes but that's all.

I'm guessing you're not part of any of the ethnic groups mentioned (neither am I for the record.) If you or I were caught with those messages, we would be sacked on the spot, and rightly so.

This 'banter' excuse is taking the ****. Hope he never works again, but he'll probably end up on mega bucks in the Middle East or Asia (ironically.)

I'm guessing you're not part of any of the ethnic groups mentioned (neither am I for the record.) If you or I were caught with those messages, we would be sacked on the spot, and rightly so.

This 'banter' excuse is taking the ****. Hope he never works again, but he'll probably end up on mega bucks in the Middle East or Asia (ironically.)

I'm not no. Yes we would for sure.

Not looking for a big debate on my views but on an average night out with my regular group of 5/6 which includes 1 black guy, 1 mixed race and 4 white guys MUCH worse gets said amongst us. MUCH worse. I suppose we all grew up together though so we're all tolerant of each other. Anyway....

Difference being that in your case it's stuff said among friends in a light hearted fashion (i presume) - if your black friend heard someone he didn't know or someone who wasn't 'in' on that friendly atmosphere throw a few derogatory racist remarks at him - would he react the same way as if you said it - or if he over heard someone talking about him, say down the pub?

Although personally im not sure that someone should be hung out to dry over what they say in private in all honesty. Doesn't put him in a very good light though

Difference being that in your case it's stuff said among friends in a light hearted fashion (i presume) - if your black friend heard someone he didn't know or someone who wasn't 'in' on that friendly atmosphere throw a few derogatory racist remarks at him - would he react the same way as if you said it - or if he over heard someone talking about him, say down the pub?

Although personally im not sure that someone should be hung out to dry over what they say in private in all honesty. Doesn't put him in a very good light though

Wasn't Mackay friends with the guy though? And of course it would be different but I think the comparison I make with friends is the same.

It's hard to make any judgment without knowing the context really. i guess what makes it different, imv, is that he's not talking about someone in their prescence - like you and your mates in a group ripping on each other - he's saying all these things about them behind their back (ie similar to over hearing in a pub)

Nothing much wrong with what Mackay has said, if you approve of racism, sexism, anti-Semitism and homophobia. All grist for the fascist mill.

It's hard to make any judgment without knowing the context really. i guess what makes it different, imv, is that he's not talking about someone in their prescence - like you and your mates in a group ripping on each other - he's saying all these things about them behind their back (ie similar to over hearing in a pub)
I think that the big deal is that he is speaking like that whilst in an official (at work) capacity. If any of us sent communications like that to a colleague, we would be sacked, and quite rightly.

I'd hate to go out for a beer or five with some of you lot if you're offended by that!!

Only 'crime' is doing it in such a position of power other than that silly banter nothing to see here move along. The FA have to be shown to act.
I'm not offended by it. I think that it is unprofessional and shows an extreme lack of judgement about what is appropriate in a work capacity.

It is inappropriate for someone who is a public representative of a company to behave like that and it makes his position managing staff untenable.

That's a fair enough reason for him to lose the Cardiff job - though i imagine if he was successful there it would have been forgotton about. Not sure of the motive behind releasing the info in to the public domain though - seems like someone at Cardiff holds a grudge and wants to spite him, certainly cost him the Palace job - and that will have been for the content rather than the fact he was representing Cardiff City FC when he said (typed) what he said

That's a fair enough reason for him to lose the Cardiff job - though i imagine if he was successful there it would have been forgotton about. Not sure of the motive behind releasing the info in to the public domain though - seems like someone at Cardiff holds a grudge and wants to spite him, certainly cost him the Palace job - and that will have been for the content rather than the fact he was representing Cardiff City FC when he said (typed) what he said
Yeah, releasing the information on the verge of him getting another job looks like Tan getting his revenge. He's got previous with Palace too

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cardiff-city-accuse-crystal-palace-3399318

I think the comparison with what friends might say to each other down the pub is misplaced. People can have banter with friends and it can go a bit over the line when a few drinks are involved, but friends know the context and are probably returning the banter.

What Mackay did is different in two ways. First he is making the comments about third parties. Would the group down the pub be making similar comments about a group of Asians at another table? Second, it is the work environment. He is supposed to be evaluating whether a player is a good fit for the club and then negotiating the best deal for the club. If his first thought is to make racist remarks about the people he is negotiating with, then he is not acting professionally or in the best interests of the club.

The timing of the release by Tan is obviously no coincidence. Clearly he is more interested in personal revenge than dealing with racism. He could have handed the materials to the FA at any time, but chooses a time to suit his personal interests.

It will be intersting to see what the FA do, given how they handled the Scudamore e-mails:

The Football Association has reiterated it has no power to intervene in the case involving sexist emails sent by the Premier League chief executive, despite at least one member of its inclusion advisory board arguing it should do so.

As the campaign groups Women in Football and the Women’s Sport and Fitness Foundation said they were “surprised and disappointed” by the Premier League’s lack of action against Richard Scudamore, the FA chairman, Greg Dyke, met his counterpart at the Premier League – the acting chairman, Peter McCormick – on Tuesday for talks over the issue.

The 17 top-flight clubs decided on Monday to take no action against Scudamore, accepting his apology after McCormick led an investigation that he said found no evidence of a wider culture of sexism at the Premier League. One member of the IAB, the equality campaigner Edward Lord, had obtained a legal opinion that the FA could take disciplinary action but Dyke reaffirmed that it would not intervene.

Last week the FA made it clear that Mr Scudamore was not an employee of the Football Association and, as such, we had no position in terms of employment policy or taking disciplinary action,” said Dyke, who had referred to Scudamore’s comments in the emails as “pretty horrible” after the story broke.

“We were of the view that was a matter for the Premier League and we asked them to keep us informed of the actions they were taking. In terms of wider FA disciplinary action, we were advised that the FA does not as a matter of policy consider private communications sent with a legitimate expectation of privacy to amount to professional misconduct. The FA has applied this policy on an ongoing basis and in relation to numerous other cases.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football...tion-richard-scudamore-sexist-email-greg-dyke

I think the comparison with what friends might say to each other down the pub is misplaced. People can have banter with friends and it can go a bit over the line when a few drinks are involved, but friends know the context and are probably returning the banter.

What Mackay did is different in two ways. First he is making the comments about third parties. Would the group down the pub be making similar comments about a group of Asians at another table? Second, it is the work environment. He is supposed to be evaluating whether a player is a good fit for the club and then negotiating the best deal for the club. If his first thought is to make racist remarks about the people he is negotiating with, then he is not acting professionally or in the best interests of the club.

One of the milder comments my best mate makes about me is that I'm 'ethnically challenged'. If he overheard someone else make or write a derogatory comment about my skin colour or race he would open up a can of whoop-ass. Bless the vanilla-faced bastard.

To be honest I think its pathetic how its all blown out of proportion. It was private etc. Im sure we have all said stuff in private to our mates etc.

Not sure who people are within the media who think they can pry into others peoples private lives etc.

Back