• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Malky Mackay Saga

like many have said, when i'm at work i dot my i's and cross my t's, i never go on websites I shouldn't, i re read work emails I send to make sure they're not going to offend anyone, outside work Im as lairy as the next geezer but once I cross the white line....... mackay isn't a bad man, he says things we all think, he was just stupid in sending texts on company time that could be seen by others.

like many have said, when i'm at work i dot my i's and cross my t's, i never go on websites I shouldn't, i re read work emails I send to make sure they're not going to offend anyone, outside work Im as lairy as the next geezer but once I cross the white line....... mackay isn't a bad man, he says things we all think, he was just stupid in sending texts on company time that could be seen by others.

You think Vincent Tan is a chink?
You think female workers should be objectified?
You think making reference to someone's sexuality is cool?
And worse, you think every one else thinks it?

Ha, ha. Well said. =D> This is not 'banter.' I have banter with my mates and I can assure you it is never racist, anti-Semitic or homophobic. Maybe Mackay needs to associate with a better class of person?

No I'm sure he doesn't but you're missing the point which is we all think things that we probably shouldn't.

I think people should be free to think what they want, unless they act on their ignorance/bigotry (ie direct abuse/negatively impacting the lives of others) then AFAIC it's of no concern to anyone else - and i find the way the white middle classes like to fall over themselves to act more appalled than the last over such things insincere and condesending.

I have no problem with MM losing his job at Cardiff, as others have said he was representing the club when he said those things as well as it being work related - but there's no reason for it all to have been dragged out in the open and sensaltionalized the way it has.

I think people should be free to think what they want, unless they act on their ignorance/bigotry (ie direct abuse/negatively impacting the lives of others) then AFAIC it's of no concern to anyone else - and i find the way the white middle classes like to fall over themselves to act more appalled than the last over such things insincere and condesending.

I have no problem with MM losing his job at Cardiff, as others have said he was representing the club when he said those things as well as it being work related - but there's no reason for it all to have been dragged out in the open and sensaltionalized the way it has.

Yeah I agree. If Malky wants to send bigoted texts to his bigoted mates, he should be free to do so.

Please elaborate on 'the way the white middle classes' bit Billy. Not sure I'm following.

Re: your last paragraph, totally agree.

Sadly, in general, any sense of decorum and perspective in the media has been lost now that sensationalism is king.

I'm not saying this shouldn't have been reported fully; it should. But I don't like the way that the release of information (on this story and others) is engineered by the press; drip-fed, day on day for maximum impact.

I understand the capitalist imperative in doing this but now the news itself has been subverted by the way it's reported at the cost of caricaturing the issue. Humiliating the subject now seems more important than the 'crime'.

And what makes it worse is that the 'journalists' reporting it strike me as running the risk of being hypocritical bearing in mind recent revelations. Smacks of hubris to me.

And what makes it worse is that the 'journalists' reporting it strike me as running the risk of being hypocritical bearing in mind recent revelations. Smacks of hubris to me.

Things are bad when you are being lectured about bigotry by the Daily Mail

Yeah I agree. If Malky wants to send bigoted texts to his bigoted mates, he should be free to do so.

Yeah but not on official business, time or property. Nobody cares about his private life, but a football manager is a high profile job.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Fapatalk

Leaving aside the unsavoury nature of his apparent world view, I am still absolutely amazed that a well-regarded, bright, young manager would jeopardize his career in this way. Once you put something in a text or email, it's out there and you are no longer in control over who has sight of it. Once that happens, there's always a chance, no matter how remote, that it will be seen by somebody who will be only too happy to use it against you. Doesn't say much for the quality of his judgment or foresight.

Yeah, I once emailed someone calling them a sh*t worker...naturally I meant shift worker; she saw the funny side thankfully teehee

I got told off once for repeating something someone told me in confidence and that was a secret, I went and told everyone I knew, because I am a miserable pr*ck. I thought it was common knowledge to never say anything or write anything that you would not want the whole world seeing at some point.

I got told off once for repeating something someone told me in confidence and that was a secret, I went and told everyone I knew, because I am a miserable pr*ck. I thought it was common knowledge to never say anything or write anything that you would not want the whole world seeing at some point.

Absolutely. =D>

@danroan: Malky Mackay unveiled as Wigan's new manager by chairman Dave Whelan while still under FA investigation

@henrywinter: Judging by Dave Whelan's comments to @david_conn the Wigan owner needs to join Malky Mackay on a diversity education course, a very long one

@david_conn: Wigan Athletic owner Dave Whelan accused of antisemitism - he said "Jews chase money." And "chink" not offensive http://gu.com/p/43fnb/tw
...Mackay referred to the Jewish football agent, Phil Smith, saying: “Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers.”

...Whelan said he does not believe the reference to Smith is offensive, first explaining he believed Mackay was only reflecting that Jewish people “love money” like everybody does: “The Jews don’t like losing money. Nobody likes losing money,” Whelan told the Guardian.

Asked whether he did not think what Mackay said was offensive, because the claim that Jews “love money” has been used as a negative stereotype, Whelan said: “Do you think Jewish people chase money a little bit more than we do? I think they are very shrewd people.”

Asked if he himself believed that, Whelan, the multimillionaire former owner of JJB Sports, said: “I think Jewish people do chase money more than everybody else. I don’t think that’s offensive at all.”

Last edited:
This is going to hang over them and it is hard to see this ending anyway other than messy

Whelan and Mckay some of the old guard who in times gone past would have been protected regardless of their prejudices. Social media has created a stronger air of accountability so idiots like this can be taken to task for their medieval mindsets.

Whelan and Mckay some of the old guard who in times gone past would have been protected regardless of their prejudices. Social media has created a stronger air of accountability so idiots like this can be taken to task for their medieval mindsets.

Taken to task for a mindset?

I'm not sure I'm keen on where that line could be drawn. Or end up leading.

How dare you not think like everyone else/like the majority/like we think you should/like the current cultural prevailing wind dictates...

Air of accountability... Who holds who accountable? And by what standard?

Back