• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mac vs Windows

So Southstand, what exactly is your problem with KD?

Are you fudging kidding me? This thread has descended into farce

Here are some quotes (no, recommendations to another poster about to spend near a THOUSAND pounds on an Apple MacBook):

--- "This macbook air retails at near enough ?ú1400 on the offical Apple store. It's the same one i've got and it's brilliant."

No. The current model sells for ?ú1400. The one on that website was built 2 years ago.

--- "Hell even the manager in the Apple store recommended me to buy from there when i was about to buy another model in the Apple store."

The manager in the Apple store is clearly a cretin.

--- "oh and to answer your question it's not refurbished or anything stupid like that. 100% brand spanking new and yes it's boxed and wrapped. Jigsaw24 is a legit online store.

No it's not. Jigsaw is selling a 2 year old, discontinued model, to unsuspecting buyers.

--- "Surely this is too good to be true? Why would Mac allow themselves to be so massively undercut? And how can that website make money?"

Yes, it is too good to be true. Apple aren't being undercut at all. Jigsaw24 are selling 2 year old laptops, and are not making that clear to buyers.

--- "Mate i bought the exact same model from Jigsaw24. They guarantee the lowest prices for Apple products and tbh i don't really care how they actually manage to do it. Hell when the manager of the Apple store actually recommends that i buy from them you know it's legit."

I bet they do, shame they don't mention their products are 2 year old, discontinued models

--- "Mate the manager checked the specs, the model etc etc. He typed it in and confirmed it was the EXACT same model that retailed for ?ú1400 in the Apple store."

The manager is a cretin. The new model is as powerful as the old Mac Book Pro, with a completely different processor ](*,)

--- "Anyway T bone just go to your local Apple store and do the same. Ask the sales rep to check the Jigsaw24 site and confirm how much the same model is selling at the Apple store (the macbook pros on jigsaw are NOT new models though).

Neither are the Air models :rolleyes:

Hootnow. Why don't you go back and read the whole thread?

All I've done is expose a website selling discontinued laptops advertised with a "Saves over ?ú600 off Apple list price!" ​badge

I give up

The thing I would be most worried about buying from that site is the warranty. If something goes wrong, you might not be covered and you could spend a lot more than you would have just buying from Apple or an authorised Apple reseller.

Edit: Jigsaw may be authorised, I'm not sure.

Last edited:
You give up? Oh how terrible.

The thing is, you entered the thread and immediately replied in a condescending and silly manner. You first post wasn't a piece of advice to T Bone but 'KD has been mugged off'. The comment from the mac expert was, I believe 'the difference would be more or less marginal', as is often the case when talking about things like this. Most users won't notice the 0.15 second difference when loading up an application or a web page. Certainly not enough to cry about getting the 'inferior' model for a ?ú600 saving.

You do realise a model can be old but brand spanking new (ie its unused and unopened).

The apple manager is a cretin...right.

You (and certain others) seem to excel in popping up randomly in threads to rile up certain other posters (mentioning no names of courseO:)). Were you this vocal when this site was originally posted on the original site, when KD was the one asking for advice? Or was it not as much of an issue then?

This is the 3rd time in a short period of time he's done it mate. Sadly for him, on this occasion he messed up and made his intentions a little to obvious so others appear to have clocked on. Apparently continues baiting isn't tolerated on here though:ross:

superman21.gif

Sorry Southstand, I'm not going to get into some kind of weird picture exchange on the internet with you. You're clearly very proud of the fact that you 'rescued' T Bone (how come you didn't rescue poor old KD? :( he's been mugged) so I thought the Superman picture was quite apt. Please feel free to continue posting pictures though.

Alright fellas settle down.

KD, I think you may be misunderstanding Southstands's well known dislike of Macs... He has frequently argued in threads at length with Arcy involving PCs v Macs, so I wouldn't take it as a personal attack against you.

His known dislike of Macs leads him to state continues times i've been mugged off just a week or so after our last exchange (well no his last baiting attempt)? his dislike of macs leads him to state when everything is over that "he's happy to save T bone from getting mugged off" and then post videos about batman.

You don't have to do anything and tbh i knew no mod would but don't insult my intelligence. I'm safe in the knowledge that other posters (not only Hootnow) have also spotted it. That will do.

Last edited:
To be fair I'm surprised someone didn't bring up the issue in your previous thread KD, although the RAM isn't that big an issue, unless your a photoshop type software user.

Is this proof though, its all about how it looks for the Mac phalanx and not what it can do. 8-[ :-" ;)

Last edited:
Think I've made up my mind. Have to go for a Pro, and a 15"cher at that.
Having compared apple stores latest version verses jigsaw24 there is not a lot in it.

ÔÇó Jigsaw Vs Apple
ÔÇó Memory (RAM): 4GB 2 x 2GB same
ÔÇó Maximum Memory: 8GB same
ÔÇó Hard Drive: 500GB HDD 5400rpm same
ÔÇó Integrated Graphics: Intel HD 3000 same
ÔÇó Dedicated Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6490M 256MB GDDR5 HD 6750M
ÔÇó CPU: Quad Core i7 2.0GHz 2.2GHz Quad Core i7
ÔÇó OS X 10.7 Lion same
ÔÇó Weight 2.54kgs same
ÔÇó L3 Cache 6 MB share same

The only difference seems to be the clock speed at the apple store being an extra .2Ghz and the Graphics spec.
?ú1378 at Jigsaw, or ?ú1549 difference of ?ú171.

Anyone know if it's worth the saving. (without a mass punch up!?)O:)

Last edited:
will you be doing and processor intensive tasks, video rendering, that kind of thing, if so the processor will make a difference, albeit marginal

also with Jigsaw see if they can sweeten the deal, they often throw in apple care or a cheap ram upgrade if you chance your arm on the phone

I think the most intensive tasks I'll be doing is photoshop.
Apart from that all I do is surf, emails, music downloads, etc. I don't play games at all.
Am I missing something? Should I be doing something more intensive?

I always feel like I'm missing out when it comes to these things!

I've seen and heard this rumour too. The only problem is its suggested they're going to take out the optical drive to make it thinner. And I want an optical drive. Somehow a computer does t seem like a computer unless it has a drive. It's more a fancy netbook. IMO

Strongly doubt that would be the case since the MBAs are their flagship mobility models whereas the MBPs are the workhorses

My link was more to do with the average time between updates which seems to be approaching soon. Even if you think the new update does not suit your neeeds - at least then you'd be able to strike a good deal for one of the previous models much like KD did.

Personally, I think Apple are a bit ****y with their laptops and for the average consumer it's very difficult to navigate the different generations of computers and model variants.

They are fair with their phones and ipods where at least they have model and generation names.

Swore I'd never have Mac, but since my new NAS is running smoothly I may one day end up with MacBook air. I feel so dirty.

Think I've made up my mind. Have to go for a Pro, and a 15"cher at that.
Having compared apple stores latest version verses jigsaw24 there is not a lot in it.

Jigsaw Vs Apple
• Memory (RAM): 4GB 2 x 2GB same
• Maximum Memory: 8GB same
• Hard Drive: 500GB HDD 5400rpm same
• Integrated Graphics: Intel HD 3000 same
• Dedicated Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6490M 256MB GDDR5 HD 6750M
• CPU: Quad Core i7 2.0GHz 2.2GHz Quad Core i7
• OS X 10.7 Lion same
• Weight 2.54kgs same
• L3 Cache 6 MB share same

The only difference seems to be the clock speed at the apple store being an extra .2Ghz and the Graphics spec.
?ú1378 at Jigsaw, or ?ú1549 difference of ?ú171.

Anyone know if it's worth the saving. (without a mass punch up!?)O:)

Be a little careful with looking at the specs you posted (if you are concerned about speed). For example:

Disk speed. Although platter RPM is an important measure, for many applications the size of cache and seek time on the disk is equally important.
Memory speed is as important as memory size, be sure to compare like for like.
Again, cache size and location on the processor can make a difference. I don't really keep up with hardware changes nowadays, but I doubt all 2.2 i7s are the same.

Back