• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mac vs Windows

You can read the full comparison here:

http://osxdaily.com/2011/07/20/macbook-air-2011-benchmarks/

Kingdawson has been badly ripped off by that website

Kingdawson, I am not trying to wind you up, please just consider the facts for a second

If you have any emails of them misleading you, I would dig them out and complain to the OFT

The newer Macbook Air models are vastly superior to the one that you have been sold

This is something you will have to live with for years. You should not let them rip you off like this.

Ok in that case you definitely have a 2010 model. The C2D processors are comsiderably slower than the current i5-7 offeeings.

But dont ddespair - if your general usage revolves around browsing the Net and watchig flicks - youd be safe for at least 3-4 years

You can read the full comparison here:

http://osxdaily.com/2011/07/20/macbook-air-2011-benchmarks/

Kingdawson has been badly ripped off by that website

Kingdawson, I am not trying to wind you up, please just consider the facts for a second

If you have any emails of them misleading you, I would dig them out and complain to the OFT

The newer Macbook Air models are vastly superior to the one that you have been sold

This is something you will have to live with for years. You should not let them rip you off like this.

Cheers for your sincere concern. I'm happy with my macbook air and considering it's super fast i can only imagine how fast the new ones are. Such a shame that it's not the new one but a ?ú500 saving has to suffice. Anyway my bank account is healthy to say the least so if indeed it does start to annoy me i'll just buy the new one and use this old one as a tea coaster or something (maybe give it to my mum as a early birthday gift or donate to charity). Anyway cheers for your sincere concern.

T bone don't need to take my advice about going to a apple store as it appears i've got the older model. The genuine poster that is Southstand whose only intentions throughout this was to prevent you from getting "mugged" and point me to the fact that i got "mugged" has so kindly pointed this out around 10 times. I meant no harm mate and if the new MacBooks ARE that much faster than the one I've got then that's unreal really. A split second loading time on any application and the new ones are that much faster? wow. Anyway go for the newer one mate if you're ok with paying the ?ú1500.

Its like pulling a stunner in the nightclub, going back to her place and her tits are like floppy ears.

You should complain though if you were duped, might get an OS upgrade out of it.

OS updates cost ?ú20.

I wasn't duped. I followed the advice of a Apple store manager who didn't stand to gain anything by recommending i get the product from a rival store as it seemed a better deal (that after i showed him the website btw so it wasn't like he brought it up). Besides i believe that if someone has genuine intentions you don't complain about it if the advice turns out to be wrong. It's an honest mistake from the man so i learn from it and move on, not everything warrants a complaint.

i'm just gonna dip in here and defend jigsaw, i've been dealing with them for 10 years and they are a totally professional outfit, just a cursory glance on their website will show that they are fully transparent about the kit they sell, even down to the manufacturer code

Sorry

The website screams about the savings you can make vs the Apple store prices

That is completely misleading

Apple dont sell 2 year old kit in their shop

Jesus I feel like I've started a pub fight and left the scene before old bill turn up and everyone gets nicked!

Appreciate all the concerns and advice. Tbf I still think the jigsaw deal is pretty damn good. It may be. An older processor but can you tell? Bit like a 12mp camera vs a 10 mp camera.

In any event I'm thinking if I get the latest and greatest machine available now, in 3 months it'll be old hat, and then that newer one will be yesterday's news In 6 months, and the process continues on and on.....

Anyway, my minds made up defo will be getting a mac, just a question of the pro or the air, jigsaw or apple....

Back