• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mac vs Windows

T Bone

Carlo Cudicini
I know for a fact this has been debated before on here. But I'll fooked if I can find it.

So I'm thinking of making the big cross over.

Windows to Mac.

I have my eye on a sexy little MacBook Pro. 15 incher.
Was looking at the even more uber sexy MacBook Air but they don't have an optical drive which kinda puts me off.

Who here has made the switch?
Pro's Con's? Do you regret it?
(will I still be able to view rivers on a Saturday?)

I've heard once you've had Mac, you never look back.... (or am I getting confused with something else?)

I did the switch back in 2009, and haven't looked back since. It does take some time to get used to, and I was regretting it for a couple of weeks afterwards as your brain is just tuned to how to do things on a PC, and so the simplest of tasks can be overly difficult. Once you're past that they're superb machines and worth the higher cost.

My macbook pro is good as new after 3 years other than the battery life has probably halved (normal for any laptop). Another downside is you can't have sopcast for rivers, but I've never failed to find a decent in-browser one anyway, so it's not a huge deal.

Also, do you really care about having an optical drive? They'll be redundant in a few years anyway (if not already), and I haven't used mine in a very long time. One of my friends has an air and it's absolutely awesome. If you can afford it then you should go for it.

I did the switch back in 2009, and haven't looked back since. It does take some time to get used to, and I was regretting it for a couple of weeks afterwards as your brain is just tuned to how to do things on a PC, and so the simplest of tasks can be overly difficult. Once you're past that they're superb machines and worth the higher cost.

My macbook pro is good as new after 3 years other than the battery life has probably halved (normal for any laptop). Another downside is you can't have sopcast for rivers, but I've never failed to find a decent in-browser one anyway, so it's not a huge deal.

Also, do you really care about having an optical drive? They'll be redundant in a few years anyway (if not already), and I haven't used mine in a very long time. One of my friends has an air and it's absolutely awesome. If you can afford it then you should go for it.

No SOPCAST! HTF am I supposed to view rivers supplied by wigwam (or whatever it's called).

I'm assuming you've got to return the laptop to apple to get the battery replaced?

The optical drive thing is just something I've always had, I buy the occassional magazine that might come with a CD.
You're right I don't use it much, but feel like I'll be missing out if I haven't got one.

Just had a look at a MacBook Air 13" (256GB). ?ú1200 notes? (sharpe intake of breath).
Samsung do a tidy little thin thing (NP700) 750GB drive (and optical) for a mere ?ú580 notes. (But it's no apple)

I know if I get one, they'll bring out a 15" Air with 512GB SSD the following week!

It all comes down to opinion.

Macs are good at some things while PC's are good at others.

If style and simplisity is important to you then Mac is your best bet.

If you like freedom to upgrade and customise then the PC is your best bet.

Macs are built specifically for the hardware but in my opinion that does not justify the price difference because Windows 7 is a stable platform and I havent needed a reboot since it was released.

I built my own pc for ?ú400, Intel i5 and all the works and runs anything from editing programs to high spec games with ease.

As an aside, I read sometime ago that songs purchased on itunes were only good for 5 computers.
I think this may be my 5th since buying on itunes.

Does this mean I can't play them now! Or will they make me buy them again!?
I may stick with Windows just to spite them if that's the case!

As an aside, I read sometime ago that songs purchased on itunes were only good for 5 computers.
I think this may be my 5th since buying on itunes.

Does this mean I can't play them now! Or will they make me buy them again!?
I may stick with Windows just to spite them if that's the case!

You can de-authorise computers that you don't use anymore.

Got my first Mac in 2003, never looked back. Can't stand Windows - everything is so difficult compared to OS X.

OSX without a shadow of a doubt. At the very least - you can then objectively compare the 2 and draw your own conclusions. The large percentage of people who have switched however tend to stick around so make of that what you will. Personally, I've always believed in free choice and healthy competition, in addition to

- Superior hardware resource management
- Virtually virus free environment
- Seamless hardware/software integration - very important aspect
- Exceptionally well thought-out GUI and general graphic quality

I've used both platforms on a daily basis for the better part of the last decade and Windows does have certain advantages (largely due to the fact most software in my field of work is yet to be done for OSX but hopefully soon) and from my point of view the one has a clear advantage in most aspects. You can always use Boot Camp and have Windows on your Mac for dedicated software and gaming if need be. All post-Motorola Macs support that

Theres rumours that apple are releasing updates for the pro and air in late April.
I'm gonna wait and see what they produce before jumping in.

Can't justify 1500 quid (I could get a carbon fibre bike for that!)
So may have to 'settle' for a 13 inches (like my wife)

Theres rumours that apple are releasing updates for the pro and air in late April.
I'm gonna wait and see what they produce before jumping in.

Can't justify 1500 quid (I could get a carbon fibre bike for that!)
So may have to 'settle' for a 13 inches (like my wife)

Why? Who's she seeing?

I know for a fact this has been debated before on here. But I'll fooked if I can find it.

So I'm thinking of making the big cross over.

Windows to Mac.

I have my eye on a sexy little MacBook Pro. 15 incher.
Was looking at the even more uber sexy MacBook Air but they don't have an optical drive which kinda puts me off.

Who here has made the switch?
Pro's Con's? Do you regret it?
(will I still be able to view rivers on a Saturday?)

I've heard once you've had Mac, you never look back.... (or am I getting confused with something else?)

I switched around a month or so ago and haven't looked back. Trust me when i say you will NOT regret it.

http://www.jigsaw24.com/product-det...-13.3-2.13ghz-4gb-256gb-ssd-notebook-computer

This macbook air retails at near enough ?ú1400 on the offical Apple store. It's the same one i've got and it's brilliant.

Used a Mac for the first time only a few days ago, didn't have a flippin' clue what I was doing. Not sure if it's that I'm so used to Windows that I was expecting to treat it like a Windows machine or casting my mind back to the first time I used a computer it's slightly less intuitive than Windows.

Either way, I'm a neutral, whatever floats you boat. I still remember daily arguments at college in the seventies, Brit bikes V Japanese (or japenese as Chich calls it), same arguments different theme.

I switched in January. I got a macbook pro 13 inch and absolutely love it! It took a couple of weeks to get used to, but now I find it easy to use. My battery is very good, get about 6 and half to 7 hours out of it. I don't have any virus software, no problems yet! Don't get any pop ups either.

Can't see myself going back to a PC unless I encounter serious problems with my laptop.

I switched around a month or so ago and haven't looked back. Trust me when i say you will NOT regret it.

http://www.jigsaw24.com/product-det...-13.3-2.13ghz-4gb-256gb-ssd-notebook-computer

This macbook air retails at near enough ?ú1400 on the offical Apple store. It's the same one i've got and it's brilliant.

Hold the phone cowboy! Wtf is this? ?ú600 saving off a 13" air, whats the catch?
Is it refurbished? Second hand? Knock off?

Did you order from this site? Does it comein a proper box, or does some bloke called Dave meet you in an east end pub and hand it over in a sainsburys bag???

Hold the phone cowboy! Wtf is this? ?ú600 saving off a 13" air, whats the catch?
Is it refurbished? Second hand? Knock off?

Did you order from this site? Does it comein a proper box, or does some bloke called Dave meet you in an east end pub and hand it over in a sainsburys bag???

100% legit mate and was a quick delivery too (came within 4 days). Someone on this site (forgot who sadly) recommended me to this site when i asked about MacBooks around a month back. Hell even the manager in the Apple store recommended me to buy from there when i was about to buy another model in the Apple store.

oh and to answer your question it's not refurbished or anything stupid like that. 100% brand spanking new and yes it's boxed and wrapped. Jigsaw24 is a legit online store.

oh and to answer your question it's not refurbished or anything stupid like that. 100% brand spanking new and yes it's boxed and wrapped. Jigsaw24 is a legit online store.

Surely this is too good to be true? Why would Mac allow themselves to be so massively undercut? And how can that website make money?

Back