• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

I think that's because life is becoming harder and harder in Western countries and, as far as I can tell, in the UK in particular. When everything else in your life is going well, you have money flowing in and not a care in the world, it's easy to accept some ridiculous performances. Back in the 90s, Gardner's performances drew less heat than Moura's. But when the going gets tough, you look to football as a form of entertainment, something that should make your life brighter. It's the same everywhere in the world.

It's easy to vilify fans in Turkey, Eastern Europe or Africa but I'm not sure things would be that different if the majority of Western fans were in a similar situation, ie living a miserable existence. I'm not saying they're right to target Moura or Dier or anyone else for that matter, just that there's a much bigger picture.

We're living in difficult times but if I had to change my life someone else's, I'd still choose Moura's over his critics'.

On a side note, I dropped the conversation about Howe the other day - sorry about that, I got busy and, as you noticed, it was becoming obvious that we were talking about different sides of the same fence and, thus, we had little chance of getting anywhere. I don't know much about 'electronic etiquette' but I apologise anyway!

I never heard my dad and I'm sure he never booed a Spurs player in his life and I'm sure times were a lot tougher in the 1920-30's when he went. People today have no respect or know how to behave, its I can do what ever I want and fudge the rest of you society.

A bit of rehabilitation after his last two outings, ahead of Saturday?
Regardless, for the Ajax memory he has left us with if nothing else, he deserves a rousing send off. What a night that was.

Edit :That sounds more cynical than I intended. I believe he means it and he has loved his time here. I meant the club putting this out before the last home game is a nice touch for him.

Last edited:
Gave some great memories.

Driving down the A3 almost smashing the windows celebrating his 2nd at Old Trafford and running the full length of the garden going nuts almost in tears after 'OH THEY'VE DONE IT!!!!!!' in Amsterdam.

Boa sorte Lucas!

And, just to remind, he scored a brace at Man Utd, how many of ours can say that? Back in the day when we swatted them like flies...

He wasn't perfect but he was explosive when on his game, lightning fast to scare the oppo backline, stunning striker and Mourinho knew how to use him well. He's a livewire in and around the box, that's the memory I'll have of him, really sad to see his last 2 contributions. Such is footy life

it's been a dogbrick season all around, collectively the team have made literally hundreds more balls-ups over the season than his 2 or so clangers.
I hope he get's a great send off, thanks for the memories Lucas.

Too many loyal servants have been allowed to stick around until they are brick, so that it's ended in a negative way. Surely the players are monitored in training and matches, so that we can see a decline in performance happening and make changes?

Edit. Is this a result of us now having the money to compete on wages, meaning we don't need to sell our best players, as I don't remember this happening before? A new set of problems to solve.

Last edited:
Here are the options:

a) Ajax away
b) Ajax away
c) Ajax away
d) Ajax away

Edit: not because there hasn’t been others, just because nothing could ever come close.

While, Ajax away is by far the standout moment, he’s had some pretty big moments in his Spurs career.

Too many loyal servants have been allowed to stick around until they are brick, so that it's ended in a negative way. Surely the players are monitored in training and matches, so that we can see a decline in performance happening and make changes?

Edit. Is this a result of us now having the money to compete on wages, meaning we don't need to sell our best players, as I don't remember this happening before? A new set of problems to solve.

I mentioned this to a mate in real life in reference to Moura joining this club.

Gomes and Bentley saw ouy contracts when nowhere near selection (as is their right of course) wanyama I recall saw out his last year to ensure he qualified for a passport. I think it's a symptom of high wages / low ambition. Dembele and Toby did us a favour but had to take unusual moves to keep their salary and I think we need to get creative with the likes of Ndombele and maybe Lo Celso but if the player doesn't mind not playing there's nothing we can do. We're not the only ones to suffer though.

I'm hoping these long contracts really trip Cheatski up for the reasons above.

Back