• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

I may have had some red wine, and while Lucas is a club legend for Ajax, he can fcuk right out of our club after his last two appearances. Right back to Brazil with his violent views of humanity.

I find the lack of basic respect and decency towards our own players galling. Lucas hasn't done this on purpose. He's not good enough and I agree it's odd that he's been played, but you'd think he'd fudging murdered someone with the way people carry on. It was a poor pass that lost us the game and might mean finishing 7th instead of 6th.

Whilst it's nothing new, I've noticed it a lot more this season. The obvious example is the recent booing of Sanchez, which was pathetic. I also find some of the rhetoric around Hugo Lloris awful too. A player who's given us 10 or so years of brilliant service has been in poor form and made some bad errors and is cast as this villain who is doing evil on purpose.

It's the type of brick that we laughed at when the gooners were doing it to people like Xhaka, Bellerin etc. It's not helpful, and just grows the gap between players and fans.

Last edited:
I find the lack of basic respect and decency towards our own players galling. Lucas hasn't done this on purpose. He's not good enough and I agree it's odd that he's been played, but you'd think he'd fudging murdered someone with the way people carry on. It was a poor pass that lost us the game and might mean finishing 7th instead of 6th.

Whilst it's nothing new, I've noticed it a lot more this season. The obvious example is the recent booing of Sanchez, which was pathetic. I also find some of the rhetoric around Hugo Lloris awful too. A player who's given us 10 or so years of brilliant service has been in poor form and made some bad errors and is cast as this villain who is doing evil on purpose.

It's the type of brick that we laughed at when the gooners were doing it to people like Xhaka, Bellerin etc. It's not helpful, and just grows the gap between players and fans.
Brilliant service is the key
We haven’t had that form a lot of these players
If we had they will have all reached somewhere near or their maximum potential

I think that's because life is becoming harder and harder in Western countries and, as far as I can tell, in the UK in particular. When everything else in your life is going well, you have money flowing in and not a care in the world, it's easy to accept some ridiculous performances. Back in the 90s, Gardner's performances drew less heat than Moura's. But when the going gets tough, you look to football as a form of entertainment, something that should make your life brighter. It's the same everywhere in the world.

It's easy to vilify fans in Turkey, Eastern Europe or Africa but I'm not sure things would be that different if the majority of Western fans were in a similar situation, ie living a miserable existence. I'm not saying they're right to target Moura or Dier or anyone else for that matter, just that there's a much bigger picture.

We're living in difficult times but if I had to change my life someone else's, I'd still choose Moura's over his critics'.

On a side note, I dropped the conversation about Howe the other day - sorry about that, I got busy and, as you noticed, it was becoming obvious that we were talking about different sides of the same fence and, thus, we had little chance of getting anywhere. I don't know much about 'electronic etiquette' but I apologise anyway!

Whilst I agree. I also think it's just frustration and the fact that again the players are not 17 and how you don't have the sense to just keep the ball for 1min is just galling. I haven't seen the match and I won't. Just read here and mates texting. And yet I was still beyond annoyed about the manor having done all the work to get ton3-3 having again given teams a head start.

And it's not moura, dier, Sanchez etc that they and others are all still here after what feels like 20yrs of service and the decline is evident. And next week we will have to sit thru it again. And probably in Aug too.

I think that's because life is becoming harder and harder in Western countries and, as far as I can tell, in the UK in particular. When everything else in your life is going well, you have money flowing in and not a care in the world, it's easy to accept some ridiculous performances. Back in the 90s, Gardner's performances drew less heat than Moura's. But when the going gets tough, you look to football as a form of entertainment, something that should make your life brighter. It's the same everywhere in the world.

It's easy to vilify fans in Turkey, Eastern Europe or Africa but I'm not sure things would be that different if the majority of Western fans were in a similar situation, ie living a miserable existence. I'm not saying they're right to target Moura or Dier or anyone else for that matter, just that there's a much bigger picture.

We're living in difficult times but if I had to change my life someone else's, I'd still choose Moura's over his critics'.

On a side note, I dropped the conversation about Howe the other day - sorry about that, I got busy and, as you noticed, it was becoming obvious that we were talking about different sides of the same fence and, thus, we had little chance of getting anywhere. I don't know much about 'electronic etiquette' but I apologise anyway!

It’s all good, no need to apologise. The main reason I come to this board is because it’s more balanced than pretty much every other place to discuss Spurs (Twitter, Reddit etc). We can have all have robust opinions and discussions.

However, I think what I’m realising as I get a bit older is that negativity just breeds more negativity. I understand that’s hardly a huge revelation, but it’s worth reminding ourselves of. It’s easy to jump on players after they make mistakes (we all do it, I’m no exception) but it just creates more tension and nerves and inevitably more mistakes.

Whilst I agree. I also think it's just frustration and the fact that again the players are not 17 and how you don't have the sense to just keep the ball for 1min is just galling. I haven't seen the match and I won't. Just read here and mates texting. And yet I was still beyond annoyed about the manor having done all the work to get ton3-3 having again given teams a head start.

And it's not moura, dier, Sanchez etc that they and others are all still here after what feels like 20yrs of service and the decline is evident. And next week we will have to sit thru it again. And probably in Aug too.

I’m certainly not arguing that mistakes should be just let go and giving out participation awards, but there’s a negative air around the whole club and Lucas after a couple of mistakes is now being told to rip up his contract and tinkle off to Brazil. There’s a middle ground there.

I’m certainly not arguing that mistakes should be just let go and giving out participation awards, but there’s a negative air around the whole club and Lucas after a couple of mistakes is now being told to rip up his contract and tinkle off to Brazil. There’s a middle ground there.
You right there is a middle ground but now everything is just beyond cack and that's accumulation of just shocking decisions and the outcome from those decisions.

Who knows things could look brighter come June. A manager being announced. Players moving on and a clear direction of what the next 3yrs is gonna be.

But I'm gonna revert back to type and just assume that most of the players will still be here. And whatever manager we get will be gone by 2024/25. Rinse and repeat. I hope I'm wrong.

Only this time we may have to sit thru Poch winning something with them lot over there. However I also think he may not even see the year out either!!

I can't blame moura, he's been brought in because we're desperately chasing a match, he's in the rb position and makes a pass no decent rb should make, but plenty do.
He's in a position he's not familiar with, there's no one forward who is open to a pass and he's played it i think romero.
These things happen when you're chasing a game, subs like this have as much chance of changing the game at one end as they do at the other.
I'm just glad that in this situation we had a manager that did what we've all been crying out for, positive, front foot subs.
It almost worked this time, don't jump all over it, might make the manager think twice the next time.

This. All day.

I don’t blame him, same as I don’t blame Dier. We’ve been having the same conversations on here about these players for 2 -3 years. They simply aren’t good enough, evidenced again yesterday when Moura isn’t aware enough to simply kick the ball hard away from goal with seconds of the game remaining.

The fault lies with those who have failed to move them on.

Back