• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

It's a lot more difficult signing players now days, before the major import of overseas players, manager and their staff, clubs had a better idea of the attitude and ambition of players in British clubs as word got around about players on the coaching mafia, now it's down to DoF to find this out from their sources who may not be so open.

Saw the Moura saying goodbye to the fans video, so to get it out of the way, arguably it couldn't have happened at a worse time considering our league form where a 3-1 home defeat against Brentford seems normal and also his personal form where the previous two appearances have been a red card and giving away a last minute goal to throw away a monumental comeback against Liverpool....

I get that. I really do. I do also understand that he has some views that I don't necessarily agree with as a massive lefty who is often considered "woke" as if that's a bad thing but appreciate that the person you cheer for on the pitch isn't duty-bound to align exactly with your political views.

That said, I want to thank the guy for his efforts during his time with the club. Had he hit the heights expected from his time landing on European shores with PSG as one of the hottest prospects? Probably not but in terms of work rate and aerial ability considering his height he went above and beyond and whatever people say regarding end product, he has that magic in his feet that could beat defenders.

As much as people talk about the Ajax hatrick, the double against United at Old Trafford equaled it for me. I hate United so much and he pretty much ended Smalling's Utd career with an outrageous goal. I was in a bar in Bordeaux watching the game with my Colombian missus at the time who was looking stunning in my Spurs shirt who arguably didn't know a whole lot about our wonderful / infuriating club. Moura obliterating them in front of a bunch of half arsed United fans whether French or English getting used to being average meant the world, I felt like Moura understood that passion as well, how much it meant even if only to me or others as bitter at how brick we had been at Old Trafford. It's not for me to say but I do feel like my temporary wifey was blown away by the sheer passion I showed up on watching the glorious moments during the match.

But whether it was that game or THAT game against Ajax I do think the main thing was his application that he should be remembered for, the highlights won't necessarily do him justice.

The guy wasn't perfect but as much as people might have hated him for better or worse he got picked ahead of many other options due to his efforts. Consistently. By a bunch of highly regarded coaches - It wasn't by chance. So thanks for the effort and all the best for future.

I do also understand that he has some views that I don't necessarily agree with as a massive lefty who is often considered "woke" as if that's a bad thing but appreciate that the person you cheer for on the pitch isn't duty-bound to align exactly with your political views.

That said, I want to thank the guy for his efforts during his time with the club.

Good to see those sort of comments given that we now live in a world (heavily influenced by social media) that people won't tolerate those with other political views

Amsterdam was stunning
Unreal to this day
Club folklore
But… he is the epitome of the reasons why we have strUggled. He should have wanted more. He should have demanded more. He hasn’t so he Is leaving a spare part with great memories

But… he is the epitome of the reasons why we have strUggled. He should have wanted more. He should have demanded more

Not sure about that. He is/was limited by his limited footballing ability. Amsterdam was his peak. I think he actually achieved his peak

Contrast that to Ndombele, who has 10x more ability than Moura, but will never achieve his peak because he's too fat and too lazy

Good to see those sort of comments given that we now live in a world (heavily influenced by social media) that people won't tolerate those with other political views

I've admittedly been bad with it in the past so I'm trying to work on my levels of tolerance towards perceived intolerance. It's very difficult if people's views may infringe upon people's right to exist. Not to drastically change the subject and this doesn't apply to Moura but the amount of people I fell out with over the Qatar world cup that happened to fall in to the Islam faith as LGBTQ issues are somewhat at the forefront of my mind became clear so it was evidently something that required exploring. It's probably for the random thread or somewhere generally more enlightened I guess so my bad for expanding upon the thought in the Moura thread!

FWIW disagreeing vehemently on the internet is calmer than the countless crusades carried out in whomever's Gods name where murder / rape / pillaging was totally chill.

Not sure about that. He is/was limited by his limited footballing ability. Amsterdam was his peak. I think he actually achieved his peak

Contrast that to Ndombele, who has 10x more ability than Moura, but will never achieve his peak because he's too fat and too lazy

Indeed.

I never heard my dad and I'm sure he never booed a Spurs player in his life and I'm sure times were a lot tougher in the 1920-30's when he went. People today have no respect or know how to behave, its I can do what ever I want and fudge the rest of you society.

I took the time to think about it and I (respectfully) disagree. Different times have different rules. In the 30s, for instance, manners in public were very important. On the other hand, beating up your wife and/or your kids was considered a strictly private matter (at least in Yugoslavia and in France). You could publicly say some terrible things about Jews or Black people back then that would have hardly raised an eyebrow. Racial segregation was the norm in the US.

What I'm getting at is that our time doesn't consider being rude or outspoken or whatever you want to call it as 'crossing a line' - unless you're a public figure but that's a different matter. It's a long debate that would take us too far away from Lucas Moura but I think the relationship between clubs and their supporters has changed a lot over the past 25 years. At some point, we were treated like customers and, as such, some of us feels they have every right to complain.

I took the time to think about it and I (respectfully) disagree. Different times have different rules. In the 30s, for instance, manners in public were very important. On the other hand, beating up your wife and/or your kids was considered a strictly private matter (at least in Yugoslavia and in France). You could publicly say some terrible things about Jews or Black people back then that would have hardly raised an eyebrow. Racial segregation was the norm in the US.

What I'm getting at is that our time doesn't consider being rude or outspoken or whatever you want to call it as 'crossing a line' - unless you're a public figure but that's a different matter. It's a long debate that would take us too far away from Lucas Moura but I think the relationship between clubs and their supporters has changed a lot over the past 25 years. At some point, we were treated like customers and, as such, some of us feels they have every right to complain.

Delay in coming back to this but his goal sparked several comments.

I do agree with alot of what you say but I do think there is a mix of histrionics and entitlement which drives some, the sad part is I think that mix stops people truly enjoying or reflecting on individual moments with balance. We can all debate Moura time at the club but if you can't reflect on todays moment with some level of fondness for the moment in isolation without making comments like "fck off out the club" "good riddance" or something similar not only are you robbing yourself of a wholesome moment you also need to look in the mirror and give your head a wobble

Back