• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

Not in my opinion. He played well in one season, when we played a fairly solid looking side, Palacios and Hudd in midfield quite a bit, solid players around him, no responsibility on the ball. Whenever he has played after that he has looked shaky at best, maybe if he could get a really long run he would be decent, but he doesn't deserve one as Gallas, King, Kaboul and Dawson are all better than him. What we need in a squad centre half is someone who can come in and do a job straight away, like Nelsen has. Not someone who hypothetically could do a good job if he got to play solidly for a month.

Gallas when fit
King sadly no longer
Kaboul when fit
Dawson long term injury.

From what I've seen of Wolves meltdown Bassong isn't the main culprit.

Gallas when fit
King sadly no longer
Kaboul when fit
Dawson long term injury.

From what I've seen of Wolves meltdown Bassong isn't the main culprit.
I don't understand your point. Of course they are only better when fit. Kaboul is not an injury prone player, he has played the vast majority of our league games this season. Dawson was fit or close to fitness when Bassong was allowed to go out on a loan and King is still a good player despite one poor game. My point was, why would you want a squad/backup player that needs an extended run in the team to perform? He isn't going to get that when there are several better players in the squad. Much better to have someone solid, someone who can come in and do a job straight away.

I do hope those hoping for Bassong to be a part of our squad in the future have better arguments than "he's not the main culprit of the Wolves meltdown", cause not being the main culprit of the meltdown of the worst team in the league is not really what I look for in a Spurs player.

Not sold on Vertonghen, would rather we went for Hummels, Subotic or in a perfect world both!

Kaboul and Dawson are prone to lapses in concentration which can cost goals and has done in the past I'm not sure going forward I'd want either in any other role than bench warmers. Caulker looks very promising and sparked my interest whilst watching him a few times at Bristol City but I doubt he's ready for pressures of our first eleven week in week out, certainly should get some games though.

I'd write off Gallas, Nelsen and sadly King based on age and mounting injury problems for next season, that leaves us very short on defenders. Naughton cover for Walker, Benny also needs someone to push him for a place.

I think Levy has some hard decisions to make this summer, either we spend big on 4-5 players or the squad regresses and loses a lot of talent through natural wastage and the possiblity of Modric, Bale or VdV moving on. We really needed to be moving into the new stadium next season, I have a nagging feeling that Levy may not be able to finance the continued push for top 4 over the next few seasons and we've peaked for now. Potential revenue from CL qualification this year is so crucial to maintaining the clubs forward momentum.

Not sold on Vertonghen, would rather we went for Hummels, Subotic or in a perfect world both!

Kaboul and Dawson are prone to lapses in concentration which can cost goals and has done in the past I'm not sure going forward I'd want either in any other role than bench warmers. Caulker looks very promising and sparked my interest whilst watching him a few times at Bristol City but I doubt he's ready for pressures of our first eleven week in week out, certainly should get some games though.

I'd write off Gallas, Nelsen and sadly King based on age and mounting injury problems for next season, that leaves us very short on defenders. Naughton cover for Walker, Benny also needs someone to push him for a place.

I think Levy has some hard decisions to make this summer, either we spend big on 4-5 players or the squad regresses and loses a lot of talent through natural wastage and the possiblity of Modric, Bale or VdV moving on. We really needed to be moving into the new stadium next season, I have a nagging feeling that Levy may not be able to finance the continued push for top 4 over the next few seasons and we've peaked for now. Potential revenue from CL qualification this year is so crucial to maintaining the clubs forward momentum.

Not gonna happen. Why not sign G?Âtze while we're at it? Cheeky bid for Schweinsteiger?

No chance we buy two first choice central defenders this summer with Kaboul and Dawson already here and Caulker coming up imo.

We need top class centre backs, if we can find one of those I would be delighted. Two is a very tall order. Much rather have one truly great one than two almost maybe perhaps good enough.

I'm happy to keep either Dawson or Kaboul but I dont think there is room for both of them really. Would rather Caulker became the back up instead and we buy one other top class CB.

I don't understand your point. Of course they are only better when fit. Kaboul is not an injury prone player, he has played the vast majority of our league games this season. Dawson was fit or close to fitness when Bassong was allowed to go out on a loan and King is still a good player despite one poor game. My point was, why would you want a squad/backup player that needs an extended run in the team to perform? He isn't going to get that when there are several better players in the squad. Much better to have someone solid, someone who can come in and do a job straight away.

I do hope those hoping for Bassong to be a part of our squad in the future have better arguments than "he's not the main culprit of the Wolves meltdown", cause not being the main culprit of the meltdown of the worst team in the league is not really what I look for in a Spurs player.

Not advocating Bassong as a solution. That ship has sailed. Simply pointing out that he has poorly treated in his time at Spurs.

Left sided too.

Not advocating Bassong as a solution. That ship has sailed. Simply pointing out that he has poorly treated in his time at Spurs.

Left sided too.

Brought in for a good chunk of money, reportedly on very good wages too. Did quite well first season, later overtaken by better players. Given several chances since to prove himself good enough, like most of our other squad players have, never took those chances. Given a loan to another PL club to either prove himself good enough for us or to get a move somewhere else at some point.

To me that's not being poorly treated, what more should a good, but far from great footballer expect?

Sounds a familiar tale, hype of the moment after one good season comes in, plays a few games but surprise surprise as they were man of the moment they werent scouted properly and therefore get cast off 1/2 seasons later. Sound familiar.

Ledley King, the Tottenham captain, has laughed off talk that the club were in
crisis and said that the players would hold a meeting in which they would
resolve to remain unified until the end of the season.

A sequence of just three wins in 13 Premier League games has unexpectedly
placed a top-four finish in doubt, with Tottenham now embroiled in a battle
with Arsenal, Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine for just two Champions league
places.

Harry RedknappÔÇÖs team held a 10-point advantage over Arsenal less than two
months ago but could fall five points behind their north London rivals on
Wednesday.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have also now drawn level on points with Tottenham in fourth
following their 2-0 victory over Bolton Wanderers on Monday while Chelsea
are only two further points adrift.

Tottenham
Hotspur were beaten 2-1 by Norwich at White Hart Lane on Monday and,
as captain, King intended to speak with his team-mates at the clubÔÇÖs
Chigwell training base on Tuesday.

ÔÇ£We will have to look at a few things and have a few words,ÔÇØ said King. ÔÇ£I
think the earlier we kind of have a speak together about it, the better it
will be.

ÔÇ£The only thing that needs to be said is that we need to stick together. We
need to keep going until the end of the season and we need to keep working
hard for each other. ThatÔÇÖs the only way.

ÔÇ£ItÔÇÖs up to the senior lads to lift the spirits of the rest of the lads and
keep them there. There arenÔÇÖt many games now and we just have to give it a
big push until then. There is not a crisis in any way. We have top players.ÔÇØ

Tottenham, though, are facing further injury concerns, especially in defence
where Michael Dawson has already been ruled for the season with an ankle
injury. William Gallas missed MondayÔÇÖs game against Norwich with a calf
problem while King will assess his knee before deciding whether he can start
SundayÔÇÖs FA Cup semi-final against Chelsea.

ÔÇ£I should be all right,ÔÇØ said King. ÔÇ£We will see how it feels over the next
couple of days.ÔÇØ

Tottenham are also awaiting news on defender Younes Kaboul, who had to be
substituted against Norwich with a knee injury, as well as midfielder Scott
Parker. Redknapp said that Kaboul ÔÇ£does not look very goodÔÇØ but was hopeful
on Parker.

ÔÇ£We felt if Scott played [against Norwich] he could have torn both
hamstrings,ÔÇØ said Redknapp. ÔÇ£I donÔÇÖt take too many chances. If he had been
fit he would have played. He came in for treatment and he said he felt like
both hamstrings were going to tear.ÔÇØ

no disrespect to quite a few posters on here , i really do respect your opinions and i do learn a great deal on this place despite my frequent arrogance but i have to say i wont listen to this thing about king. i think people are almost making this stuff up. the game against norwich is the only game i can think of to mind that king has been bad, and by bad i mean kaboul-potential-to-be-bad type bad.

quite frankly i cant believe that the level of dissapointment in whats been a good season is made people actually do this.

VERY sad day.

and kaboul wishes he has kings awareness and natural ability.

i feel like crying..., and now i feel like throwing my monitor at my colleagues face (arsenal supporter).....

Brought in for a good chunk of money, reportedly on very good wages too. Did quite well first season, later overtaken by better players. Given several chances since to prove himself good enough, like most of our other squad players have, never took those chances. Given a loan to another PL club to either prove himself good enough for us or to get a move somewhere else at some point.

To me that's not being poorly treated, what more should a good, but far from great footballer expect?

To be fair to Bassong he put in some immersive performances when we qualified for CL. In fact, him and Dawson were both excellent for long periods.

Shame he had a stinker when it mattered most against Young Boys.

I guess the only real unfair treatment was that he was overlooked a lot after that, but he also had a few other bad cameo appearances which didn't help his case.

no disrespect to quite a few posters on here , i really do respect your opinions and i do learn a great deal on this place despite my frequent arrogance but i have to say i wont listen to this thing about king. i think people are almost making this stuff up. the game against norwich is the only game i can think of to mind that king has been bad, and by bad i mean kaboul-potential-to-be-bad type bad.

Hmmm....Quite heartening to see someone who follows us in such detail say this.

However, I personally think King's had more 'treading water' moments in the past 4 months than his entire career - to me it seems his mind is still there but the body just cannot keep up.

It is very sad to see, but on the plus side we have had many, many more fantastic performances out of him that I would ever have thought possible - and despite his decline hopefully a few more to come.

I'd rather see Bassong and Dawson again than most combinations containing Kaboul. Gallas is our most inform CB at the moment though.

Ledley King, the Tottenham captain, has laughed off talk that the club were in
crisis and said that the players would hold a meeting in which they would
resolve to remain unified until the end of the season.

A sequence of just three wins in 13 Premier League games has unexpectedly
placed a top-four finish in doubt, with Tottenham now embroiled in a battle
with Arsenal, Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine for just two Champions league
places.

Harry Redknapp’s team held a 10-point advantage over Arsenal less than two
months ago but could fall five points behind their north London rivals on
Wednesday.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have also now drawn level on points with Tottenham in fourth
following their 2-0 victory over Bolton Wanderers on Monday while Chelsea
are only two further points adrift.

Tottenham
Hotspur were beaten 2-1 by Norwich at White Hart Lane on Monday and,
as captain, King intended to speak with his team-mates at the club’s
Chigwell training base on Tuesday.

“We will have to look at a few things and have a few words,” said King. “I
think the earlier we kind of have a speak together about it, the better it
will be.

“The only thing that needs to be said is that we need to stick together. We
need to keep going until the end of the season and we need to keep working
hard for each other. That’s the only way.

“It’s up to the senior lads to lift the spirits of the rest of the lads and
keep them there. There aren’t many games now and we just have to give it a
big push until then. There is not a crisis in any way. We have top players.”

Tottenham, though, are facing further injury concerns, especially in defence
where Michael Dawson has already been ruled for the season with an ankle
injury. William Gallas missed Monday’s game against Norwich with a calf
problem while King will assess his knee before deciding whether he can start
Sunday’s FA Cup semi-final against Chelsea.

“I should be all right,” said King. “We will see how it feels over the next
couple of days.”

Tottenham are also awaiting news on defender Younes Kaboul, who had to be
substituted against Norwich with a knee injury, as well as midfielder Scott
Parker. Redknapp said that Kaboul “does not look very good” but was hopeful
on Parker.

“We felt if Scott played [against Norwich] he could have torn both
hamstrings,” said Redknapp. “I don’t take too many chances. If he had been
fit he would have played. He came in for treatment and he said he felt like
both hamstrings were going to tear.”

fudge, this is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

had no idea it was this bad.

I'd rather see Bassong and Dawson again than most combinations containing Kaboul. Gallas is our most inform CB at the moment though.

Well, you've got your wish, now that Kaboul appears injured. Take your pick; King/Gallas, Gallas/Nelsen, or King/Nelsen. Hooray for defensive solidity!

Actually, it appears Gallas may be injured as well. So King/Nelsen, up against Torres, Mata, Sturridge and Ramires. Hooray!

Well, you've got your wish, now that Kaboul appears injured. Take your pick; King/Gallas, Gallas/Nelsen, or King/Nelsen. Hooray for defensive solidity!

Actually, it appears Gallas may be injured as well. So King/Nelsen, up against Torres, Mata, Sturridge and Ramires. Hooray!

Massive experience in that lot but not great pace. Hopefully Gallas makes it and I guess Kaboul still might.

Daws out is a godsend, I'm hoping it will be Gallas and Kaboul against the blue scum.

Ledley is quite capable of coming in and playing a blinder but I'd rather he didnt start this game.

Massive experience in that lot but not great pace. Hopefully Gallas makes it and I guess Kaboul still might.

You count for King being shaky and fatigued, thats 4 CBs either out, or seriously struggling to be fit. Our first four too!

That leaves one loveable Kiwi...and Bassong, who is actually, truely uneligible

Back