• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

stunned, absolutely shocked at the criticism of king .

i personally think it to be rubbish, especially when people start talking about him being bad mos of the season. i think that is pure fantasy

its a good thing the internet is just about opinions otherwise i would have to take every comment seriously. beginning of the year king and whoever played beside him were rocks and played well , all of a sudden with a bad team run of form people jump ship faster that the passengers in the titanic movie (actually at least they tried to hang on as long as they could) and people start talking about things that never happened.

evidence of bad ratings please from the same people talking about king being poor most of the season would be nice. bet there isnt many

actually, where is LLB part deux. he still keeping score? no matter...all we need is the ratings when the going was good

this is shameful and blasphemy IMHO.

He's still a class defender, but his legs have gone.

It's not his ability we are questioning, he still knows how to defend, but unfortunately his legs cannot match his brain. He either struggles to get back into position, or is forced to foul the striker as he knows he can't keep up with them.

Think back to the tackle he made on Robben at the lane in 06, saddens me to say it, but the days of him doing that are gone.

We get to the final, he plays, SIMPLES.

Alot of you talk about it being a massive risk to play him, but think about what he does week in week out because he loves this club. He risks being in a wheel hair for us!!

So its about time we took a risk on ledley and let him have his FA Cup final

stunned, absolutely shocked at the criticism of king .

i personally think it to be rubbish, especially when people start talking about him being bad mos of the season. i think that is pure fantasy

its a good thing the internet is just about opinions otherwise i would have to take every comment seriously. beginning of the year king and whoever played beside him were rocks and played well , all of a sudden with a bad team run of form people jump ship faster that the passengers in the titanic movie (actually at least they tried to hang on as long as they could) and people start talking about things that never happened.

evidence of bad ratings please from the same people talking about king being poor most of the season would be nice. bet there isnt many

actually, where is LLB part deux. he still keeping score? no matter...all we need is the ratings when the going was good

this is shameful and blasphemy IMHO.

There have been plenty of games where people have been saying that Kaboul was better than King. We all know Kaboul is better next to King, but still Kaboul looked the better player in isolation. This didn't happen before.

Remember King of the past, elegant on the ball, stepping up into midfield to find passes. Now he looks much more awkward and uncomfortable. King of the past, despite his injuries had a good burst of pace, now? Not so much. King of the past dealt well with even the most physical players, now he gets bullied by most of them.

He's not as good as was a year or two back, and unfortunately he probably won't get back to that level as he can't train properly and his physique won't improve. It's always been a weakness with King that he can't play all that many games so we had to rotate at the back, his supreme quality made up for that quite easily, but now? I'm not so sure.

For next season I would like to see us bring in someone who can play a lot of games, someone who can partner both Kaboul and Dawson, preferably a leader, and someone who can play naturally as the left sided centre back. My best suggestion would be Verthongen although I haven't seen enough of him to feel super confident that he's the right man. I wouldn't mind King staying another year if he's happy with not being first choice all the time. I remember Woodgate against Milan, he was pretty much worth his wages for the season in that 30 minutes and I think King could do a job for us next season. But we need a bit of stability and a first choice centre back pairing that can play a lot of games and get settled.

Thing is King has always struggled with physical players. The only striker i've seen consistently outplay king on more than one occasion Emil Heskey, maybe it was the same case with Grant Holt. The City game he made one mistake and at Arsenal the whole tea

For next season I would like to see us bring in someone who can play a lot of games, someone who can partner both Kaboul and Dawson, preferably a leader, and someone who can play naturally as the left sided centre back. My best suggestion would be Verthongen although I haven't seen enough of him to feel super confident that he's the right man. I wouldn't mind King staying another year if he's happy with not being first choice all the time. I remember Woodgate against Milan, he was pretty much worth his wages for the season in that 30 minutes and I think King could do a job for us next season. But we need a bit of stability and a first choice centre back pairing that can play a lot of games and get settled.

Rather than looking for someone to partner either Kaboul or Dawson we should be looking to get a settled partnership with 2 first choice defenders for the next 2/3 years with Caulker hopefully taking over after that.

I think we therefore need to look at who is better going forward out of Kaboul or Dawson as they are fairly similar, if one is happy on the bench then brilliant but if not one may need to move on summer after this one.

Personally I havent been a fan of Dawson last couple of seasons, I know he's been injured but seems to have been getting caught out of position a lot more which was an old trait of his that has crept back in, Kaboul also does this but at least he has some recovery pace. Dawson usually just fouls his way out of it.

I know we tend to look at players who are not playing and often make them out to be the missing answer to our problems, but surely Bassong is better than Nelsen. right?

Rather than looking for someone to partner either Kaboul or Dawson we should be looking to get a settled partnership with 2 first choice defenders for the next 2/3 years with Caulker hopefully taking over after that.

I think we therefore need to look at who is better going forward out of Kaboul or Dawson as they are fairly similar, if one is happy on the bench then brilliant but if not one may need to move on summer after this one.

Personally I havent been a fan of Dawson last couple of seasons, I know he's been injured but seems to have been getting caught out of position a lot more which was an old trait of his that has crept back in, Kaboul also does this but at least he has some recovery pace. Dawson usually just fouls his way out of it.

No chance we buy two first choice central defenders this summer with Kaboul and Dawson already here and Caulker coming up imo.

We need top class centre backs, if we can find one of those I would be delighted. Two is a very tall order. Much rather have one truly great one than two almost maybe perhaps good enough.

I know we tend to look at players who are not playing and often make them out to be the missing answer to our problems, but surely Bassong is better than Nelsen. right?

I don't think so, but to say that I'm not a big fan of Bassong would be putting it mildly.

What has Nelson done wrong exactly? I think he's been solid whenever he's been given a chance, apart from that penalty in the FA-cup. Our best central defender out of King, Kaboul and himself against Norwich.

Let's try and get this Vertonghen fella.

Then we can go with Vertonghen, Kaboul, Dawson, Caulker.

Can decide what to do with King, Gallas, Nelsen, Basson

I don't think so, but to say that I'm not a big fan of Bassong would be putting it mildly.

What has Nelson done wrong exactly? I think he's been solid whenever he's been given a chance, apart from that penalty in the FA-cup. Our best central defender out of King, Kaboul and himself against Norwich.

Maybe. Just doesn't fill me with confidence for some reason.

Let's try and get this Vertonghen fella.

Then we can go with Vertonghen, Kaboul, Dawson, Caulker.

Can decide what to do with King, Gallas, Nelsen, Basson

That would make me happy. At least until next season starts :)

I think we should keep two out of King, Gallas and Nelsen to have experienced backup for next season, Gallas might even be first choice if he can keep fit. Then Vertonghen can cover left back if need be and we can still have someone to play in the centre.

Did Bassong every fill you with confidence? For me he was at least a solid 7 or 8 out of 10 on "the Alan Hutton scale of not filling fans with confidence-meter".

Bassong and Daws where very good in the season we got 4th. I think lack of game time has made him rusty, would definitely love to have him back.

Did Bassong every fill you with confidence? For me he was at least a solid 7 or 8 out of 10 on "the Alan Hutton scale of not filling fans with confidence-meter".

Rewrite of history going on here shurely?

Whenever Bassong has been given an extended run in the side (too rarely), he has performed. He's been hard done to imo.

Rewrite of history going on here shurely?

Whenever Bassong has been given an extended run in the side (too rarely), he has performed. He's been hard done to imo.

Not in my opinion. He played well in one season, when we played a fairly solid looking side, Palacios and Hudd in midfield quite a bit, solid players around him, no responsibility on the ball. Whenever he has played after that he has looked shaky at best, maybe if he could get a really long run he would be decent, but he doesn't deserve one as Gallas, King, Kaboul and Dawson are all better than him. What we need in a squad centre half is someone who can come in and do a job straight away, like Nelsen has. Not someone who hypothetically could do a good job if he got to play solidly for a month.

Back