• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

Should not be playing, big mistake from Harry, far too slow and shaky. Would he make a good coach ? Probably not and we have enough cronies as coaches, we could do with some proper ones.

Was at fault for both goals and has been for others, The pen at City was crucial.

One of Harry's biggest and most costly mistakes of the season.

the reason i think this is silly comment is because that is by FAR the worst game king has put out for us in over 5 years (and i'm playing it safe with that number just in case).

to use one game , just one game, to say that he shoudlnt be playing is very wrong IMO

he's been on a long slow decline, its not just one game.
maybe yesterdays game was the hair to break the camel's back?

he's been on a long slow decline, its not just one game.
maybe yesterdays game was the hair to break the camel's back?

well put it this way, i trust you enough to believe that what you say is well thought through

So go then, aside from yesteday, name one bad game King has had in the last 10 years. i'm talking noticably bad game

well put it this way, i trust you enough to believe that what you say is well thought through

So go then, aside from yesteday, name one bad game King has had in the last 10 years. i'm talking noticably bad game

City, Arsenal , I don't think he has looked good all season, we dominated a lot of games earlier so he was not found out.

City, Arsenal , I don't think he has looked good all season, we dominated a lot of games earlier so he was not found out.

we always get messed up by arsenal, even when we win. the city game i take it you mean the home one? take a look a the team we had out there plus one more thing

i remember that game well enough to say that kaboul was a bit of an issue, not king. we lost 5-1 but we didnt get dominated as such.....they were ruthless with the finishing though

Yes but its also about having a settled pairing at the back or indeed settled back 5 if possible, this clearly isnt achieveably with Ledley still being first choice whenever he is available and I believe at the top level this will hinder us.

All top teams have a strong consistent spine to them.

the reason i think this is silly comment is because that is by FAR the worst game king has put out for us in over 5 years (and i'm playing it safe with that number just in case).

to use one game , just one game, to say that he shoudlnt be playing is very wrong IMO

I think he's been pretty poor most of the season - certainly more bad games than good games. The problem is that fans often view him through rose tinted spectacles given how much of a legend he has been for us - some of the ratings people given him in ratings threads post games are just baffling. Problem is that when he was head and shoulders better than the rest of the Cbs then you could justify bringing him in whenever fit - I dont think you can do that now. He's too much of a distraction and we need a settled back 4. I also hope Ledley retires soon before fans get on his back for making mistakes..better to go out on a high (off the bench to lift the FA cup?) than be remembered as someone who played on too long

If Harry goes at the end of the season, hopefully the new guy will get rid of King, Nelsen, Saha and Cudicini. Keep Gallas and Freidel for another year whilst replacements bed in. I dont think I can bear another transfer window with Harry signing more pensioners

It really is sad because we all adore him but I agree with those saying he has been in a steady decline all season. Yesterday was as shocking of a performance that you will ever see from a CB. Not only was he at fault for both goals but Norwich should have been awarded a penalty when he dragged down Holt right before our equaliser.

How was he at fault for the first goal?
I don't know who; But somebody smashed the ball at his legs and it deflected into the path of Pikey; Kaboul's fault.

Ledley is having a bad run of form; Just because he is old; Then you question his ability.

I am waiting for Friedel to make a couple of mistakes and then you guys will all jump on the bandwagon and say he is too old.

If Ledley is fit; Then he should start in the Cup Final, No question.

I don't know who; But somebody smashed the ball at his legs and it deflected into the path of Pikey; Kaboul's fault.

Ledley is having a bad run of form; Just because he is old; Then you question his ability.

I am waiting for Friedel to make a couple of mistakes and then you guys will all jump on the bandwagon and say he is too old.

age is nothing to do with the assessments here.

After Kaboul had poorly controlled it and gave it away, ledley then made a poor attempt at an interception, it was then walker that slid in and knocked the ball onto ledders legs and it unfortunately bounced off into the path of the norwich player.

remember ledley was almost a faultless 100% reliable player for his WHOLE caree, Ledley didn't lose form.Thats why people are rightfully worried about his staggering decline over what has been 6-7 games.

Gallas is our best defender right now IMO. I'm still not convinced about Kaboul, he has some great games this season, but there's still always a mistake in him.

It's not his age, his knee problems have finally caught up with him. It's a miracle that he's been able to perform at such insanely high levels for as long as he has. He is now one of the slowest defenders in the league. Gallas is old, but he's still got some pace.

King should not play again this season, protect some of his dignity and retire in the summer as an absolute legend during a fitting testimonial

He is finished and people should accept this sad reality and make peace with it

I'd rather we won the game and hurt his feelings than play him and lose as harsh as that sounds.

Agree. Starting CB pairing on Sun for me would be Gallas and Kaboul. King on the bench so that Nelsen isnt.

Cant wait til this season is over - its been heading south for a couple months and its difficult ot see whats going to turn it around

stunned, absolutely shocked at the criticism of king .

i personally think it to be rubbish, especially when people start talking about him being bad mos of the season. i think that is pure fantasy

its a good thing the internet is just about opinions otherwise i would have to take every comment seriously. beginning of the year king and whoever played beside him were rocks and played well , all of a sudden with a bad team run of form people jump ship faster that the passengers in the titanic movie (actually at least they tried to hang on as long as they could) and people start talking about things that never happened.

evidence of bad ratings please from the same people talking about king being poor most of the season would be nice. bet there isnt many

actually, where is LLB part deux. he still keeping score? no matter...all we need is the ratings when the going was good

this is shameful and blasphemy IMHO.

Haven't seen LLB in a while to be fair.

It's very well saying that the team have been in a poor run of form Affy, but King yesterday was unfortunately so bad that it wasn't the teams performance as a whole that was causing the issues, it was King's lack of mobility and awareness that was making life difficult.

I haven't been on here saying he's steadily becoming brickr and brickr, but I'll admit that since the mental tackle on Ballotelli (which led to a result which severly hurt the players) he hasn't looked the player that we've loved watching in recent years. Even when he's just fetching the ball if someone gives him a pass to run on to, it looks like he's really straining himself to be at jogging level.

In regard to recent form, would you rather start King or Gallas alongside Kaboul in the semi?

I'm still so shocked about his performance I'm trying to think of other reasons. Possible that he was massively hungover....or still drunk?

Back