• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says...

Not really, it would just indicate that they are better at finding players and developing them than us. When we have lost important players - Carrick, Berbatov, Modric - we have struggled to replace them adequately.

I was more insinuating that we take Fulham's best two players and they then go on to finish above us. Unless you're saying that Fulham are a bigger draw than Spurs?

I am not sure we could ever expect 4th place. We have got 4th place two out of the last three seasons against expectations. I don't see why this season 4th place should be expected and I think it is unfair to expect it when to achieve it the last two times we did so by exceeding expectations.

Or, more accurately - when the teams that should have finished above us uncharacteristically faltered.

Or, more accurately - when the teams that should have finished above us uncharacteristically faltered.

I think it's a case of us overperforming and other teams underperforming. I refuse to believe that we only got 4th purely because we were lucky the opposition didn't perform. If that was the case you could dismiss any positive result we've ever had when we were underdogs.

I think it's a case of us overperforming and other teams underperforming. I refuse to believe that we only got 4th purely because we were lucky the opposition didn't perform. If that was the case you could dismiss any positive result we've ever had when we were underdogs.

Only if other teams were underperforming at the time.

No excuses even with our injurys we have a team that should be beating everyone but the likes of Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project and Utd even then we should be atleast drawing with these teams at home. Liverpool have a weaker squad than us but are still playing better than most of the top teams home and away and were unlucky in a few of there games.

No excuses in football when you have a team like ours.

Why does he never go with audacious predictions? Always 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, boring results. I mean it's Arsenal fudging Spurs, we don't do boring. It will be 3-3, 3-2, 4-4, 4-2, 4-1, 4-3 etc.

Watch that come back to bite me in the arse now, 2-1.

Why does he never go with audacious predictions? Always 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, boring results. I mean it's Arsenal fudging Spurs, we don't do boring. It will be 3-3, 3-2, 4-4, 4-2, 4-1, 4-3 etc.

Watch that come back to bite me in the arse now, 2-1.

Simply because he want's to be taken seriously as a pundit and plays it safe in the hope people listen to him. Problem is he's a Twunt.

No excuses even with our injurys we have a team that should be beating everyone but the likes of Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project and Utd even then we should be atleast drawing with these teams at home. Liverpool have a weaker squad than us but are still playing better than most of the top teams home and away and were unlucky in a few of there games.

No excuses in football when you have a team like ours.

What a load of rubbish! So a midfield selected from the likes of Hudd, Livermore, Carroll & Sandro should be beating a lineup of Wheelchair, Carzola & Arteta!??? Really!??

The only way I see us having a chance in this game is preventing their midfield from being able to play, how we go about doing that with the players available I cannot answer...

What a load of rubbish! So a midfield selected from the likes of Hudd, Livermore, Carroll & Sandro should be beating a lineup of Wheelchair, Carzola & Arteta!??? Really!??

The only way I see us having a chance in this game is preventing their midfield from being able to play, how we go about doing that with the players available I cannot answer...

Or maybe you just fight fire with fire and fudge the opposition we concern ourselves with our own game and play an attacking team. We could play 10 defenders yet we will still concede. So lets make THEM pre occupied and concerned about us by playing a very attacking team.

Or maybe you just fight fire with fire and fudge the opposition we concern ourselves with our own game and play an attacking team. We could play 10 defenders yet we will still concede. So lets make THEM pre occupied and concerned about us by playing a very attacking team.

What, go into a game with a plan to score more goals than our opponents? What kind of crackpot idea is that? ;)

Only if other teams were underperforming at the time.

Let's not split hairs here. If the better team loses it's almost always because they've underperformed. For example, Wigan's win against us at WHL was well deserved on their part and on the day they were the better side. BUT if our players had played to their potential we would have won.

We are the 5th or 6th best team in the Premiership in my view, and have been since the 2005/06 season. Sometimes we have finished above that and yes it's because other better teams than us have underperformed. Sometimes we have finished below that because we have underperformed. This year we have the 5th best team and squad.

Let's not split hairs here. If the better team loses it's almost always because they've underperformed. For example, Wigan's win against us at WHL was well deserved on their part and on the day they were the better side. BUT if our players had played to their potential we would have won.

We are the 5th or 6th best team in the Premiership in my view, and have been since the 2005/06 season. Sometimes we have finished above that and yes it's because other better teams than us have underperformed. Sometimes we have finished below that because we have underperformed. This year we have the 5th best team and squad.

So Harry didn't overachieve at all then?

So Harry didn't overachieve at all then?

I don't think so. We had, and still have, a very good team. Harry had us about where we should be with the players at his disposal. Where Harry did well was buying relevant players that improved the first team and the majority of players he bought into the team were better than the ones they replaced.

Tottenham v West Ham (16:00 GMT)

Tottenham need to win this game, otherwise the pressure really is on their manager Andre Villas-Boas.

Spurs fans tore into him after they were beaten by Arsenal last weekend and that was no surprise - it is just the way they are.

Lose a game when you are Tottenham boss and you are in a mess. Lose three league games in a row, including a north London derby, like Villas-Boas has done, and you are really in trouble.

I don't really get what the fuss is about. They are eighth in the Premier League, when the best they can expect to be is fourth, fifth or sixth. There has been little in the last three or four years to suggest anything different, because there are better teams than them.

Villas-Boas gambled a bit with his formation and his tactics after Emmanuel Adebayor had been sent off against Arsenal, and there is nothing wrong with that.

But his problem is that he said: "I thought we were in control of the game from the first minute to the last", which was a strange thing to say after you have just been beaten 5-2.

West Ham are awkward opponents at the best of times, and Sunday will be no different.

What you see is what you get with the Hammers but I have a feeling Spurs will respond to their problems and find some gaps in the Hammers defence.

And of course, after they win, Villas-Boas will be the best manager in the world.

Prediction: 2-0

Back