• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says...

Fulham v Tottenham

Fulham were good value for their point against Chelsea on Wednesday, especially on a night which was all about Rafael Benitez.
Continue reading the main story

In Martin Jol and Dimitar Berbatov, Fulham have two Spurs old boys who will be eager to impress

To go to Stamford Bridge and restrict the Blues to so few opportunities means you have played well, and Fulham had their own chances as well.
Tottenham, meanwhile, blitzed Liverpool early on in their last game but were hanging on for their win by the end.
I think that is fairly typical of Spurs this season. When they have the ball and they are running at you, they are very dangerous.
But, at the same time, when teams run at them they always seem to fashion opportunities.
In Martin Jol and Dimitar Berbatov, Fulham have two Spurs old boys who will be eager to impress.
I still don't really understand why Spurs got rid of Jol - under him, they finished fifth two seasons running and only missed out on the Champions League in 2006 when the squad had a bout of food poisoning before they lost to West Ham on the final day.
Spurs sacked Jol very quickly despite him doing a good job, and he is doing the same at Fulham. He is a very good manager, and of course he would love to get one over Tottenham on Sunday.
Prediction: 1-1

TWUNT!

How about an anti-twunt thread where GG posters predict the scores and/or the starting line up. Maybe with POINTS?

Perhaps maximum 13 points per game correct starting 11 and goals for and against?

Everton v Tottenham

Gareth Bale's injury is a massive blow to Tottenham because he and Aaron Lennon have played a big part in their run of three straight wins.

But, with or without Bale, I am still not completely convinced by Spurs. If you score first against them, I do not fancy them.

Andre Villas-Boas's side can look so sharp coming forward but they still appear vulnerable at the back, and Everton are good enough to capitalise on that.

The Toffees seem to enjoy playing the bigger teams too - I don't think they need too much motivation from their manager David Moyes.

I was impressed by Everton last week against Emirates Marketing Project, and the only thing that let them down was their lack of threat in the final third during the second half.

If they improve on that on Sunday, then they will beat Spurs.

Prediction: 2-0

The twunt has predicted 3 perfect scorelines and 6 correct results for us in his previous 15 predictions

0-2 to Everton? I am worried.

:tumbleweed:

twunt was almost our affectionate name for him... after his rant last week, I am happy to replace the TW with C in reference to him

Back