• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Sissoko for 30 mill was a brainfart of humongous proportions. I don't know what happened that made Levy agree to such a deal but not many would have gone anywhere near that price even in this stupid inflated market.

There is no point using that in comparison with 50 mill for Walker. This deal is a massive amount. Walker is fast and it's Poch that's made him a better defender in our way of playing. However going forward Walker is still erratic and inconsistent with his final ball or cross. Guardiola may improve this aspect but Walker will regress defensively without having someone like Poch drilling him constantly in training sessions.

Walker's crossing has been fantastic for 2 years now. Seems to make the right decisions and hit his targets a hell of a lot of the time.

Really interested to see what Poch's plans are. To directly strengthen a rival that was so obviously weak in this position, he needs to be pretty sure that his alternatives are going to continue to drive the club forward.

Totally trust him, just interesting to see what he comes up with.

I stand by what I said, should only have sold him abroad. £50m doesn't make us stronger, but Walker will make our rivals stronger. They only way I'd have sold to City is if Ihenacho and Sancho were coming to us then they would be slightly weaker too, albeit in the long run.

I stand by what I said, should only have sold him abroad. £50m doesn't make us stronger, but Walker will make our rivals stronger. They only way I'd have sold to City is if Ihenacho and Sancho were coming to us then they would be slightly weaker too, albeit in the long run.

That may have been the plan, and still maybe... who knows

Personally I dont think Trippier will every reach Walker's level - like Walker, he's also 27 this year. It feels like we're selling Walker at his peak, though slightly cheaper than I would have liked. It all now comes down to how well we spend the money

We have to come out of this stronger otherwise it points to bad decision making imo - we've had long enough to plan ahead if the rumours about a falling out we're true and all the stuff at the end of the season regarding not 'selling any players unless we want to' - that now with hindsight seems as though it was pre-empting this move in particular so I hope i)we have someone lined up and ii)the team doesn't suffer as a result of selling Walker

It would be interesting to know the results when Trippier was in last season especially in the last few month.

Personally I dont think Trippier will every reach Walker's level - like Walker, he's also 27 this year. It feels like we're selling Walker at his peak, though slightly cheaper than I would have liked. It all now comes down to how well we spend the money
Agree that Tripps is unlikely ever to reach Walker's level defensively but he's already way ahead of him going forward. And that's despite Walker being pretty good attack-wise too. The position is RWB, so for me it's swings and roundabouts: what you lose at one end you gain at the other.

In fact overall I reckon Tripps going forward can more than make up for what he costs us at the back. Yes he is slow relative to Walker but his vision, speed of thought and overall intelligence, allied to his ability to do something special - whether it be a cross or a devastating through ball or lob over the top - more than compensates.

I'll concede that Walker can also be devastating going forward but he is much more likely to go racing down the flank then come to a complete halt because he doesn't know what to do next.

With luck it will all work out just fine, meanwhile Levy has pocketed £50m into the bargain.

I'm guessing we conceded more but also scored more with little difference to the overall result.

There must some clever buggers on here who can sort this for us thickoes ;)
I'm of the opinion that Kyle had a whisper back in December re City, had a chat with powers that be and Kieran was given his chance impressed the boss.
Thus this not such a systemic shift at right back as many are panicking over.

It would be interesting to know the results when Trippier was in last season especially in the last few month.
FWIW...

7-1 at Hull - Trippier
2-1 v ManU - Trippier (subbed off for Walker on 83')
0-1 at Wet Spam - Walker (subbed off for Trippier on 80')
2-0 v ARSEnal - Trippier (subbed off for Walker 88')
1-0 at Palace - Walker (Trippier came on for Dele 96')
2-4 v Chavski - Trippier (Walker on for Son 68')
4-0 v Bournemouth - Walker
4-0 v Watford - Trippier
3-1 at Swansea - Walker (Trippier on for Son 94')
2-0 at Burnley - Trippier
2-1 v So'ton - Walker (subbed off for Trippier on 78')

FWIW...

7-1 at Hull - Trippier
2-1 v ManU - Trippier (subbed off for Walker on 83')
0-1 at Wet Spam - Walker (subbed off for Trippier on 80')
2-0 v ARSEnal - Trippier (subbed off for Walker 88')
1-0 at Palace - Walker (Trippier came on for Dele 96')
2-4 v Chavski - Trippier (Walker on for Son 68')
4-0 v Bournemouth - Walker
4-0 v Watford - Trippier
3-1 at Swansea - Walker (Trippier on for Son 94')
2-0 at Burnley - Trippier
2-1 v So'ton - Walker (subbed off for Trippier on 78')

Not sure how much you can read into that. I didnt want Walker to go but have been wondering how much weaker we will be without him.

Last season, he got 5 assists, no goals and 14% cross success rate. However its not obvious how many times he played the assist to the assist, or even whether the width which he gave us stretched opposition defences meaning that people like Kane had more space.

I think it's moot, so we will have to wait and see. We will hear from the naysayers in either camp giving it large from the start of the season, of that we can be sure!

Before the rumours came out that Walker wanted to go to City it was generally accepted by most people on this forum that he was the best right back / right wing back in the country. Now he is on the verge of leaving all of a sudden out comes the digs and Trippier is better at this and at that etc. I swear football fans can be so full of s-h-i-t-e sometimes.

I wish him well, I will applaud him when he plays against us and hope Trippier can step up.

Back