• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

And as I said if it's him and another right back and Poch thinks that makes us better then I'm all fro it

I'm genuinely a little bit emotional about Walker leaving as he has been a big part of the teams progress and I do think he isn't going to a better side or coach either, but £££ talks and apart form when he plays us then good luck to him

Money and apparently after 8 years he thinks its time to move on and back north - I can see both sides of this one tbh.

And yes, if its Barkley + right back for this money then sensible business.

Poch has to deliver transfer wise. He has an average record so far so he needs to repay Levy's huge faith in him
Yeah, and our bricky league finishes and bottling it at the end of last season must also be weighing on him. Levy should do the right thing and sack him now before Poch ruins the club further.

City are about to sign Mendy for the LB role too for 40m.

They were seriously struggling for a top drawer right back and we incredibly just gave them one. We should be looking to fudge them up, not bloody help them. And the fee is meaningless in the money world football now lives in.

Might as well personally hand City the league title Levy, well done mate!

Pretty sure Poch said, players that he wants will be not be sold. Seems to tell me that Walker is not needed anymore and that either his attitude was brick or Poch thinks Trips is better.

Trippier showed that he can step up and cover at the end of last season, now we get to see what he can do IF he is the replacement. In Poch (we must) trust.
From an attacking perspective he is as good or better than Walker, he has a great early and accurate cross, but defensively he is not a patch on Walker IMO.

From an attacking perspective he is as good or better than Walker, he has a great early and accurate cross, but defensively he is not a patch on Walker IMO.
We have to hope that Tripps can improve in a similar way to Walker - who was not always the best defensively until the past couple of seasons.

Come on its Barkley we all know it, he missed Evertons trip to Africa, conversations are happening behind the scenes, i wouldnt be surprised if something was announced in conjunction with Walker to sweeten the news to the fans.

A stamp on the foot, followed by a sucker punch to the chin

Weird isn't it, 50 odd million, 56 million...it doesn't seem like a lot pegged against other recent transfers. Yet with that money you could buy one of these and have change left over to run it for a decade. What else could you buy?

0804010_1-1024x659.jpg

Last edited:
A lot of very understandable anger on here that the fee was too low but maybe there are mitigating factors?
  • Walker's hip problem / unable to play twice a week
  • He wanted away
  • City were the only club willing to meet our price
  • Poch wanted him out because of their (alleged) barney last Spring?
  • Trippier is now first choice anyway because of his attacking qualities
  • Poch needed the money to put towards players of his own choosing
  • Poch wants to bring on KWP

We have to hope that Tripps can improve in a similar way to Walker - who was not always the best defensively until the past couple of seasons.
This is true but these were concentration issues that Poch cured. Trippier does not have the physical attributes Walker has and they can't be learned. I think we will regret this move big time.

I am angry at Walker if this is true. This is the first time a major club has attempted to buy him and yet he jumps ship. I will be thinking back to the last games of the previous season and his performances. Soldier come, soldier go - barrack remains.

Back