• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Walkers great, it will be a shame to lose him.

I have faith that we will more than adequately replace him though.

Before the rumours came out that Walker wanted to go to City it was generally accepted by most people on this forum that he was the best right back / right wing back in the country. Now he is on the verge of leaving all of a sudden out comes the digs and Trippier is better at this and at that etc. I swear football fans can be so full of s-h-i-t-e sometimes.

I wish him well, I will applaud him when he plays against us and hope Trippier can step up.

He is the best right back in the country

Even his fellow players have said that

Before the rumours came out that Walker wanted to go to City it was generally accepted by most people on this forum that he was the best right back / right wing back in the country. Now he is on the verge of leaving all of a sudden out comes the digs and Trippier is better at this and at that etc. I swear football fans can be so full of s-h-i-t-e sometimes.

I wish him well, I will applaud him when he plays against us and hope Trippier can step up.

I think most are discussing the impact of losing Walker and thus looking at the merits of his 'current' replacement.
I have always preferred Walker for pace and energy, especially when he can use it for recovery in defence and have also been impressed by Trippier's and in general his footballing skills which I believe are better than Walkers!

Crazy prices all around. It can't go on like this can it?

That's the problem

Wages only ever go one way

And transfer fees too

Someone will end up paying and currently it's the tv companies so the fans on tv

Their is a point where there's is no more left to squeeze from the sponge and it's why now is the best time to invest in your infrastructure as it's there for ever in theory

That's the problem

Wages only ever go one way

And transfer fees too

Someone will end up paying and currently it's the tv companies so the fans on tv

Their is a point where there's is no more left to squeeze from the sponge and it's why now is the best time to invest in your infrastructure as it's there for ever in theory

The TV money won't last too much longer. Sky are starting to wobble and BT won't be far behind

A shame Walker is chasing the money :(

We finished second and are building the best stadium in the country, so he leaves? Silly man.

It all depends who we buy really. I'm sure Porto / Lisbon / Valencia / Salzburg / Werder type clubs will have a good replacement for us

A shame Walker is chasing the money :(

We finished second and are building the best stadium in the country, so he leaves? Silly man.

It all depends who we buy really. I'm sure Porto / Lisbon / Valencia / Salzburg / Werder type clubs will have a good replacement for us

How can he be expected to get by on a paltry 70,000 a week?

We had better win the quadruple this season as the other main contenders are a bunch of clams and cheats.

He is the best right back in the country

Even his fellow players have said that

The standard is pretty low though

Man Utd have Valencia, Liverpool have Clyne, City had Zabaletta/Sagna, Chelsea have Moses, Arse have Bellerin

Yeah compared to them Walker is the best

PS - remember the last game of last season? I told you Sissoko would play wing back and people scoffed... but he did.

Someone said above that we need a powerful replacement for Walker. Oh dear!!

£50m is 12.75% of Emirates Marketing Project's revenue from 2015/16 (last published accounts)
Its the equivalent of us spending £26.79m on a player (12.75% of our £210m revenue)

They got him on the cheap.

PS - remember the last game of last season? I told you Sissoko would play wing back and people scoffed... but he did.

Someone said above that we need a powerful replacement for Walker. Oh dear!!

o-BAR-OF-SOAP-570.jpg

a25610d5ed1b8383e33b7d6dddeaefd4--water-with-lemon-bucket-of-water.jpg

£50m is 12.75% of Emirates Marketing Project's revenue from 2015/16 (last published accounts)
Its the equivalent of us spending £26.79m on a player (12.75% of our £210m revenue)

They got him on the cheap.

That a % of the mor revenue not their profit

They also have very few saleable assets now so again have the issue that they can't bring money in that way

It's a fair price IMO

I feel really sad about this. Whilst it's looked for a while like he was on his way, I nonetheless harboured a hope that whatever the falling out between him and Poch (and I'm sure that's what it was, not homesickness nor even wholly about wages), that it could be resolved.

Best RB in the league. No doubt we could have got more for him a) if there had been more than one club bidding; or b) if Levy had the luxury of time to drag more out of City. But I think what we have seen here is Levy supporting Poch and agreeing a decent fee earlyish in order to draw a line under the affair, and move on to securing Poch's targets.

Walker has been a very good servant of the club, and I wish him well (I just don't wish him success at our expense).

That a % of the mor revenue not their profit

They also have very few saleable assets now so again have the issue that they can't bring money in that way

It's a fair price IMO

If they need it, they can easily get a multi billion dollar sponsorship for their training ground/car park/club mascot/upper tier block 22 trashcan though. £54m is not even close to a fair price when you deal with financial cheaters.

Back