• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Pretty standard thinks he's getting a free kick and grabs the ball. Had he just gone down and not grabbed the goal I think a proper counter attack was on for Swansea. Taking the yellow in a situation like that as early in the game as that might not be clear cut and obviously the best choice, but it's also not idiotic.

You should probably wait until your nephew turns 7 or 8 before explaining the concept of taking cynical yellows to stop counter attacks to him though.

Maybe being on a yellow kept him on his toes and even more focused and defending well, who knows, but I think that early in the game against a player like Montero is crazy. He didn't get a second yellow and we won so obviously happy days, but on a slick wet pitch against a tricky pacy winger he was fortunate.

He is our best right back, and we are/will be better with him but also with him just comes completely braindead moments at critical points of the game which you would hope he'd be able to sort out.

Maybe being on a yellow kept him on his toes and even more focused and defending well, who knows, but I think that early in the game against a player like Montero is crazy. He didn't get a second yellow and we won so obviously happy days, but on a slick wet pitch against a tricky pacy winger he was fortunate.

He is our best right back, and we are/will be better with him but also with him just comes completely braindead moments at critical points of the game which you would hope he'd be able to sort out.

Must admit I was concerned with him getting a yellow so early on up against that winger and in those conditions, and with lack of match practice - definitely exceeded my expectations.

Can't agree it was a 'braindead moment' at all though, if that is one of the worst brain farts he has this season then he's done well....

He's had his fair share of them, but they became a lot fewer in the 6-8 months before his injury when he was doing really well.

Yesterday was not one of them for me, which was my point.

Nothing fortunate about him not getting a second yellow. He defended well, he defended intelligently and still rarely looked troubled.

United's players picked up 4 cynical bookings yesterday against Liverpool iirc.

Last edited:
I really think Liverpool away where he had a massive brain fart (can't remember the season even but we were a goal up and then collapsed) was the turning point for him. Since then I think he has generally been excellent and cut out 80% of his lapses.

Reflecting on yesterdays game I thought Walkers crossing was horrendous. Made Lennons end product look world class. Definately something he needs to work on if he wants to take his game to the next level.

Yea his crossing was poor yesterday, but I definitely think it has improved, taking yesterday out of the equation.
His fitness level is incredible though, he was pretty much controlling the right hand side all on his own. He has been quietly instrumental in our upturn of results.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea his crossing was poor yesterday, but I definitely think it has improved, taking yesterday out of the equation.
His fitness level is incredible though, he was pretty much controlling the right hand side all on his own. He has been quietly instrumental in our upturn of results.

Amazed the stick that Walker gets on here. He's fast, tall (for a full back), great engine, gives 100% and seems to have a decent work ethic. Fine his crossing could be better but signing a better RB would cost us £20m. There also arent many better RBs in the PL

I'm with Adam, he's one of the best around, I'm not sure we could upgrade at all, even for a massive fee.

- - - Updated - - -

and...

I think it's more likely we will lose him to a bigger club rather than buy someone to replace him

we have a strong set of full backs on our roster at the minus, it's the midfield that needs attention

- - - Updated - - -

I like the two post updated merge feature

fancy pants

Not saying that he isn't good. He is a decent defender, good going forward, but his end product is a major weakness in my book.

Amazed the stick that Walker gets on here. He's fast, tall (for a full back), great engine, gives 100% and seems to have a decent work ethic. Fine his crossing could be better but signing a better RB would cost us £20m. There also arent many better RBs in the PL

Not seeing much over the top criticism/stick for Walker.

He's rightly being criticized for some sketchy work on the ball, particularly in the final third. Has gotten some criticism for his defensive work, but with the understandable caveat that he's just returning from injury.

I doubt we could sign a right back that would be "better" overall. We probably oculd find someone better going forward, but it would almost certainly be at a significant defensive downside.

Not saying that he isn't good. He is a decent defender, good going forward, but his end product is a major weakness in my book.

One thing we've seen since Poch's arrival is so many players improving on their weaknesses - Kaboul and Sold-a-dud-o being the most obvious exceptions. Especially noticed it with Townsend, learning to pass rather than shoot, Eriksen going strongly right up to the last minute (witness the number of late goals he scores), Chadli's improved strength and all round fitness, Dembele actually passing forward with some regularity, Stambouli more assertive, Rose keeping his cool, etc etc.

So hopefully Walker will eventually learn to reign in those ridiculously overhit crosses.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing we've seen since Poch's arrival is so many players improving on their weaknesses - Kaboul and Sold-a-dud-o being the most obvious exceptions. Especially noticed it with Townsend, learning to pass rather than shoot, Eriksen going strongly right up to the last minute (witness the number of late goals he scores), Chadli's improved strength and all round fitness, Dembele actually passing forward with some regularity, Stambouli more assertive, Rose keeping his cool, etc etc.

So hopefully Walker will eventually learn to reign in those ridiculously overhit crosses.

Personally, I think we have looked better with Chiriches there. Walker is a great athlete, but he is not as good with the ball as Vlad.

Back