• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

I know it sounds so negative but with such a long term injury and his form when he isn't injured I think anyone expecting him to come in and change things this season are expecting a lot. Think he has a good future with the right coaching but he is so stupid sometimes it is a severe worry, the problems his game have don't disappear when he has a spell out on the sidelines (in reality I mean, not the fans expectations)

Up until his injury last season, and the last 3 months or so in the season before that I really think he showed great signs of improvement and he was in no way "so stupid". He was arguably our best defender in that period and he was fairly consistent in a period with some difficulties for the team.

He still has his weaknesses, primarily on the ball (imo). I do think it might take some time for him to get back to full fitness and form. But I'm not expecting the problems in his game to disappear when I expect him to be very good for us, at least after a month or two in the team. And a significant upgrade on our other options at right back.

Up until his injury last season, and the last 3 months or so in the season before that I really think he showed great signs of improvement and he was in no way "so stupid". He was arguably our best defender in that period and he was fairly consistent in a period with some difficulties for the team.

Agreed - I think that Walker was the player who came on most under AVB in terms of his level and maturity of performance. (although this was just natural progression I am sure, as apparently young players developing are nothing to do with the manager! :D )

Cant wait to see Walker marauding down our right side, I think some here will of forgotten just what an asset he is for us. Once he's up to speed he will be a great weapon with the way Poch wants us to play....

Cant wait to see Walker marauding down our right side, I think some here will of forgotten just what an asset he is for us. Once he's up to speed he will be a great weapon with the way Poch wants us to play....

Agreed, he's got the tools to be one of the top attacking full backs in World Football. He's a bare minimum 20 Million pound player. I'd make him Captain personally because he's got a lot of spirit and character.

On the bench for the u21s tonight.
In the squad I meant.

Looks like he's starting the game, hopefully a good sign...

@SpursOfficial: Here's @kylewalker2 warming up at Stevenage. He starts for U21s vs @MCFC tonight as he continues his recovery. #COYS
B3ymRdIIMAAtTUc.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed, he's got the tools to be one of the top attacking full backs in World Football. He's a bare minimum 20 Million pound player. I'd make him Captain personally because he's got a lot of spirit and character.

Disagree on that one. The top attacking full backs are considerably better on the ball in general and much better crossers.

Looks like he's starting the game, hopefully a good sign...

@SpursOfficial: Here's @kylewalker2 warming up at Stevenage. He starts for U21s vs @MCFC tonight as he continues his recovery. #COYS
B3ymRdIIMAAtTUc.jpg

Excellent news.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="da"><p>Felt good to back on the pitch tonight with the U21s, nice to cap it with a win too. Thanks to the medical team...</p>&mdash; Kyle Walker (@kylewalker2) <a href="https://twitter.com/kylewalker2/status/539530928520196096">1. december 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Excellent news that he's on the way back. I think Walker with Eriksen infront of him will be a better balance than when Eriksen plays infront of Rose or Davies, coz Walker is much more suited to running a flank by himself. The other two are better being more defensive, keeping it simple and feeding a player infront of them imo. I wanna see Walker and Eriksen down the right (with Eriksen drifting central from there) with Rose or Davies at left-back, with Townsend at left midfield. I think that'd be the best balanced pairings for the wide areas.

Kyle Walker on his return: "I’ll come back more mature & with a wiser head on my shoulders."

I thought he had abdominal surgery :-k

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-comeback-despite-making-return-training.html
Mauricio Pochettino has warned Kyle Walker he is still not close to a first-team return after nearly nine months out.

Walker has not played since March after pelvic problems which eventually required surgery to fix. The 24-year-old England full-back made his come-back for Tottenham's U21 team against Emirates Marketing Project on Monday with the manager watching from the stands.

Pochettino said: 'We all went to Stevenage to watch game and he played 67 minutes. It was a very good first game after his injury, to feel he can play in competition, because it is different to training. We are happy. Maybe it's not enough still not yet, but maybe in the next few weeks available for squad.'

Walker has yet to play for Pochettino who replaced Tim Sherwood in the summer. His last game was against Benfica in the Europa League in March. His injury ruled him out of the World Cup in Brazil.

Kyle Walker on his return: "I’ll come back more mature & with a wiser head on my shoulders."

I thought he had abdominal surgery :-k
:lol:

Great to have him back!

Thought he looked physically fit and not too far off match fitness although it was a somewhat strange game.

Swansea game is probably too soon, but might see him make his first PL start of the season against Burnley?

I would throw him in, he looked physically fine and even at 70% is better than what we have available.

Still cant pick a pass though!

Definately looked physically fit, but not quite there for match fitness. There were a few moments where he seemed off the pace mentally, but that's something that will come with game time and training.

Back