• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

What a load of bull, walker is still sloppy at times but him being back in the team shows how much we missed him. His level is so far beyond chiriches and Naughton it's not even fair to compare. We're very lucky to have him.

[video=youtube;5vnZNLSJZqs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vnZNLSJZqs[/video]

I think someone at Spurs don't like Walker for some reason. Look at 2.35 min in this video. His name is spelled wrongly as "Kyle Waler" in this official Spurs TV video. Meaning of Waler is "a horse from New South Wales, a rather large rugged saddle horse of mixed ancestry formerly exported in quantity from Australia to British India for military use." :lol:

As for the video, my best Spurs freekicks shown in the video are :
1.Ziege V Arsenal
2.Jenas V ManU
3.Walker V Blackburn

Last edited:
How huge has the return of this guy been? Along with the development of the young players (Kane, Mason, Benteleb, etc.), his return to the first side and regaining his form post-surgery is key to this season's success so far for me.

He seems to have matured. Not making as many rash, tempestuous challenges and making better decisions.

I haven't done the work, but would guess that there was a sharp uptick in results upon his return.

Last edited:
He has come on massively this year, and is very much still learning. Was poor for the goal today, and his final third distribution too inconsistent (I always get impression he cannot make up his mind what to do) but these are working points for a player who has generally done extremely well. Needs a rest though.

I still don't think he's back to the level he was at before his injury.

How was he poor for the goal today? What was he supposed to do differently?

Just wanted to highlight how important Walker has been to the upsurge in performances in the past 6 weeks. He took on the whole left side of the Arse yesterday and beat them over and over and over again. Majestic performance!! Back to the Kyle Walker we know and love.

He adds a totally new dimension to our game. I remember it being said when Poch arrived that his teamplan depends exclusively on marauding full backs. We had a gap there until December because Dyer and Naughton cannot play that sort of game. Kyle has been the last cog in the machine and we are sooo lucky to have him back in our team.

One of Walker's great problems was that he thought he was a gifted technician, when clearly he wasn't. Great athlete, but poor footballer. He made mistakes trying to be too cute and his technical limitations were cruelly exposed. Walker V Mata anyone? The big change is that he has given the Hollywood football away and is now just doing the basics. He is now much less of a liability and has been highly effective as a defender. Still pretty basic as an attacking threat, but that's okay, as I'm happy for him to just do his primary job, which is to defend.

Personally, for me Saturday might have been Walker's best game in a Spurs shirt.

I thought he was absolutely sensational. His pace was frightening, got up and down the flank like a rocket. Used the ball REALLY well, and that is usually my main 'criticism' of him. Like the rest of the team was a million percent committed to the fight, absolutely beasted any player he was up against for strength/battle/speed.

His athleticism is crucial for Poch's system to function, but he kept his head and used the ball well, was a weapon. Great stuff, keep it up son.

Pretty much back to his best yesterday when he came on as sub vs Italy. Looked stronger in the tackle and much more assured than Klyne who he replaced and got in several decent crosses.

Although there might also have been one slight brain fart when he dallied on the ball too long and got dispossessed, but that happened to pretty much every defender on the pitch yesterday anyway.

Pretty much back to his best yesterday when he came on as sub vs Italy. Looked stronger in the tackle and much more assured than Klyne who he replaced and got in several decent crosses.

Although there might also have been one slight brain fart when he dallied on the ball too long and got dispossessed, but that happened to pretty much every defender on the pitch yesterday anyway.

Yeah, looked alright at least. Hope the latest blip in form was just a blip and he'll be back performing for us too against Burnley.

He has had some ups and downs this year, but we have to remember he was out a long time through injury . But I agree Walker on his day is a very good FB, and he should be one of the first names on the team sheet . Important player for us .
Let's just hope he show some consistency now and stays injury free .

Confirmed out for 4 weeks

Guess he will struggle to play again this season

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/noticias-sobre-la-lesión-de-walker-210415/

Goes without saying we all wish he gets back to full fitness. All the same, he's hardly been playing well recently so I'm not overly disappointed that someone else will be getting a shot at right back.

Is it me, or has he lost a little bit of pace as a result of his injuries? You rarely used to see him get done for pace, granted it doesn't happen every week, but it happens more frequently than it used to.

Back