• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Does he deserve the tag 'injury-prone'? In my view he's just been supremely unlucky, but we can't deny that a) he's been injured a lot over recent seasons, and b) that these injuries have naturally sapped a bit of pace and energy from his play, at least temporarily.

He's not far off it. As you said he's had a patch of bad luck with them, but missing pre-season was a blow. Hopefully he will be able to get one in this summer.

Does he deserve the tag 'injury-prone'? In my view he's just been supremely unlucky, but we can't deny that a) he's been injured a lot over recent seasons, and b) that these injuries have naturally sapped a bit of pace and energy from his play, at least temporarily.

League starts for Spurs:

11/12: 37
12/13: 36
13/14: 26
14/15: 15 (so far)

Before that

Sheffield United 09/10: 26
QPR/Aston Villa 10/11: 35

A tag as "injury-prone" seems ridiculously harsh for me. He's had one serious injury, that kept him out towards the end of 13/14 and well into 14/15 where after he returned he's not picked up a second injury. His second most serious injury in 5 years quite possibly, and it might only keep him out 4-5 weeks all in all. He also plays on through pain and small niggling injuries more than any player at Spurs I think.

He pretty much went directly from 9 months out, to playing 90 minutes every game aswell didn't he? No talk about easing him back into things.

Was given time to recover fully it would seem, but once he was back to playing he was playing 90 minutes. He was rotated a bit early on though, didn't play twice a week for most of the Christmas program.

He needs the Summer and a good preseason under his belt now. In a way his latest injury is not such a bad thing, his form was dipping along with his energy and concentration.

I wonder if Walker has now reached his ceiling on potential, he may get a bit smarter positionally as the years progress, but I don't believe he'll now reach the possible heights that were expected after he won the PFA Young Player award. That's not to say he can't be a solid player for us over the next 5 years.

Ridiculous tag IMHO; by the same token Roy Keane would have been labelled as injury prone. You must be too young to remember Darren Anderton, I presume

Desperately unlucky would be a better description...

If the centre backs and midfielders were anywhere close to Walker's level of quality, we would be looking forward to Champions League football next season.

I don't agree with that. Walker has had some up and down seasons since he broke through, at one point he looked like he could lock down the England right back spot for years to come, but I've not witnessed that form since his PFA award.

Pace and energy are his weapons, the rest of his game is still in need of development some more than others, but he's stagnated no doubt in my mind which is why I raised his ceiling being reached. I'd say Rose has been better the Fullback since they've both been in the team together this season (never thought I'd write that).

Walker is a good Fullback with some flaws to his game nothing more at present. If he really was CL quality he'd be playing for a CL club by now or at very least we'd have speculation every window about him leaving, which we don't.

well it isnt him, sounds nothing like him, looks nothing like his partner and his dog doesnt look like that.

Clearly a gooner troll online.

If the centre backs and midfielders were anywhere close to Walker's level of quality, we would be looking forward to Champions League football next season.

I agree with that to a large extent thugh I think its applies to most positions rathe rhtan just CBs and CMs.

Walker would get in most teams in the PL apart from probably Cheatski (Mourinho doesnt like attacking full backs) and Man C; I certianly think he'd get in the Man U and arse teams. Unfortunately we cant say the same about most other players in our team aside form Lloris, probably Eriksen and perhaps Kane and on-form Vertonghen

Ridiculous tag IMHO; by the same token Roy Keane would have been labelled as injury prone. You must be too young to remember Darren Anderton, I presume

Actually, I was around towards the end of Anderton's career. Was 10-14, of course, but I still followed Spurs back then. Back then, however, I was too blinded by excitement and awe to actually see things through the cynical lens age has bestowed upon me. :p

I agree, I think he's just been very unlucky. But I'm worried that the injury that kept him out for much if the past year has also left an enduring mark on his pace and strength. Either way, I hope he has a good pre-season.

Kyle Walker on facebook:

I wasn't going to comment on the rumours going around about myself and my family but as people are still talking about them, I feel I need to set the record straight.

I am aware of a video being shared on social media and am disgusted by the suggestion that it's anything to do with us.

With so many young people on social media I am horrified that content of that nature has been shared so many times.

My legal team are monitoring the activity surrounding this.

Sharon Anderson averages more games for us than Roy Keane did and averaged about 28 games a season for us IIRC

Back