• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Poch is keeping the bar so high that unless you perform with 100% of effort and dedication in training then why do you deserve to play on match days? This is Walkers problem. From what I have heard, unlike the rest of the team, he is 90%. On the flipside Tripper was never bought as backup, he was bought as competition and he works hard, really hard always giving 100% and he is being rewarded for it.

How many times has Poch said it's not about fitness. It's not about ability. It's all about mentality. Walker clearly feels he should just walk into this team now. Now he is learning he is wrong and he doesn't like it.

If that attitude continues he will be sold. Let's not forget what he was before Poch arrived and how Poch turned him into a better player if not complete.

Walker may have pace to bomb on but Tripper's ball delivery is far superior.

Poch is keeping the bar so high that unless you perform with 100% of effort and dedication in training then why do you deserve to play on match days? This is Walkers problem. From what I have heard, unlike the rest of the team, he is 90%. On the flipside Tripper was never bought as backup, he was bought as competition and he works hard, really hard always giving 100% and he is being rewarded for it.

How many times has Poch said it's not about fitness. It's not about ability. It's all about mentality. Walker clearly feels he should just walk into this team now. Now he is learning he is wrong and he doesn't like it.

If that attitude continues he will be sold. Let's not forget what he was before Poch arrived and how Poch turned him into a better player if not complete.

Walker may have pace to bomb on but Tripper's ball delivery is far superior.

Agreed. It is the exact type of mentality we should be encouraging to leverage our strategic advantage.

The Times article on Toby's contact today suggests Walker is unhappy Leceister decided to pay 100k to some of their players......I don't think it is a legit crux of his argument and is more an agent line. Walker didn't seem to mind our wage structure when he signed a new long term contract in September. Much more likely Poch has seen something he doesn't like, and is happy to be the agressor here. He's happy to take Walker out of the team and Walker doesn't like it. It's fantastic Tripper got put in and we still put in an amazing performance against a top 6 side. It shows Walker that he isn't indispensable. Walker's team needs to maintain his good PR though, so we're likely to see some back and forth on this for a while until it is resolved either way, but the fact that it's gotten this far means he's almost certainly gone.

Agreed. It is the exact type of mentality we should be encouraging to leverage our strategic advantage.

The Times article on Toby's contact today suggests Walker is unhappy Leceister decided to pay 100k to some of their players......I don't think it is a legit crux of his argument and is more an agent line. Walker didn't seem to mind our wage structure when he signed a new long term contract in September. Much more likely Poch has seen something he doesn't like, and is happy to be the agressor here. He's happy to take Walker out of the team and Walker doesn't like it. It's fantastic Tripper got put in and we still put in an amazing performance against a top 6 side. It shows Walker that he isn't indispensable. Walker's team needs to maintain his good PR though, so we're likely to see some back and forth on this for a while until it is resolved either way, but the fact that it's gotten this far means he's almost certainly gone.
The fact that it's gotten how far exactly?... A few stories in the press?

Let me say, I think all was probably fine until the Chelsea game. Ben Davies was also rested/rotated and seems to have taken that absolutely fine. Something clearly happened with Walker after that game. He either doesn't think he needs that much rotation or doesn't think he should be missing any big games. I bet it comes down to thinking if he's going to be a squad player rather than a clear first choice, he may as well be making more wedge at a different club. He's lost faith in the plan Poch sets, where full backs have the most demanding position and need rotating more, and thus will probably go. These stories aren't just speculation, they are specific and being repeated by multiple decent journalists.

Let me say, I think all was probably fine until the Chelsea game. Ben Davies was also rested/rotated and seems to have taken that absolutely fine. Something clearly happened with Walker after that game. He either doesn't think he needs that much rotation or doesn't think he should be missing any big games. I bet it comes down to thinking if he's going to be a squad player rather than a clear first choice, he may as well be making more wedge at a different club. He's lost faith in the plan Poch sets, where full backs have the most demanding position and need rotating more, and thus will probably go. These stories aren't just speculation, they are specific and being repeated by multiple decent journalists.
How do you mean 'something clearly happened with Walker after that game'?.... Didn't he then start the very next game for us?

The fact that our previous first choice and PFA right back of the year has been dropped for our 2 biggest games most recently?

I would still not read too much into it, we have no idea if Walker had a knock, if Poch was being tactical, etc.

I would tell you, we had a similar offer for Danny and he pouted a bit, then decided to commit to Spurs. Don't let media agenda try to create something than is either not there, or just part of a reasonably normal process within club/player negotiations.

How do you mean 'something clearly happened with Walker after that game'?.... Didn't he then start the very next game for us?

Stories came up and didn't go away. It has a different feel to a contract negotiation PR back and forth. He was dropped for Arsenal...I think he's gone.

I would still not read too much into it, we have no idea if Walker had a knock, if Poch was being tactical, etc.

I would tell you, we had a similar offer for Danny and he pouted a bit, then decided to commit to Spurs. Don't let media agenda try to create something than is either not there, or just part of a reasonably normal process within club/player negotiations.

What is Walker negotiating for here? We've got him for 4 more years?

My bro went to the Bournemouth game at the Lane in a corporate box the other week (whilst we went in our usual seats) and he saw Kyle Walker after the game and said "Kyle Walker, hello mate" his response was "yeh whatever" to my brother and shook his hand. He said they were his exact words. I don't think he is happy at all at the moment. not something you should say to a fan and probably wouldn't if you were all good. Maybe reading too much into it?

Whatever the situation is or isn't, that's a highly unimpressive bit of behaviour towards a well-meaning Spurs fan.

And that is enough for ( some) fans to get hysterical and make 2 plus 2 make 5.

Sometimes it does mean something is going on. I remember Bale stories coming out, the summer he went to Real, and remember thinking to myself 'lol, when will these papers learn, Levy isn't selling, Bale doesn't have 2 years left so he won't budge'. But he did. Sometimes the stories mean something else. Maybe they don't mean exactly what they say, but you can piece together from the reporters' credibility and what's happening with the team that something is probably happening.

Sometimes it does mean something is going on. I remember Bale stories coming out, the summer he went to Real, and remember thinking to myself 'lol, when will these papers learn, Levy isn't selling, Bale doesn't have 2 years left so he won't budge'. But he did. Sometimes the stories mean something else. Maybe they don't mean exactly what they say, but you can piece together from the reporters' credibility and what's happening with the team that something is probably happening.

Bale was playing in a poorer team then we have now and he probably knew deep down that he/we were a long way from being a top team. The circumstances are a lot different now as this team is on the brink of winning things, Apples and Pears mate.

Wild rumours. I hate speculating, perhaps there is something in it as so many journos have jumped on the story.

What I will say is that what has made Poch's Spurs so "successful" (yes I know we haven't won a trophy yet), is that the coaches, players, fans and everyone has bought into the story that Poch has told us all. We are all together, we understand the philosophy, we are behind it. The high intensity, the meticulous planning and everything that goes with it. If Walker or any player has stopped believing in that story then as much as I would hate for it to happen, then he would need to go. As it is, if it's true, there is plenty of time to rectify the situation.

Let's try not to break up a side that's on the cusp of something special.

Back