• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

When Poch denies these stories as lies on Thursday and says Walker is going nowhere, will some of you be apologising to Kyle Walker?

And more importantly will you take a long look in the mirror and address how easily some of you are taken in :)

Yup, would be very happy to. And I hope you'll be willing to apologise to the people that didn't think they were over reacting because they can read between the lines, if and when he does end up leaving.

No-one wants to see any of these players leave. No-one wants our players to be tapped up. People are naive if they don't think our stars get tapped; does anyone seriously believe Alli has not been tapped? Kane? Toby? Come on.
Where the club have been smart is signing up on our terms. The bonus schemes make us very competitive, and the manager is the vital cog in this wheel. He will sell if he feels it is in our interests, including Walker.

Finally, the ridicule for giving this story any credence is equally gullible. Look at the language. Look at what has not been said versus other rumours. Yesterday's story included, IMO, source 'reasons' from both camps in the press propaganda waffle. No smoke without fire, but he is our player and will remain as such until Poch decides otherwise.

Indeed, good point on the bonus schemes Steff. I've often thought there's no way we pay as little as we publicly say we do to some of our stars. I do wonder if maybe it suits Levy to allow these 'Kane on 80k a week' story to appear in the press, as it furthers his image as a tough negotiator, and who knows maybe helps with our cost of capital.

No-one wants to see any of these players leave. No-one wants our players to be tapped up. People are naive if they don't think our stars get tapped; does anyone seriously believe Alli has not been tapped? Kane? Toby? Come on.
Where the club have been smart is signing up on our terms. The bonus schemes make us very competitive, and the manager is the vital cog in this wheel. He will sell if he feels it is in our interests, including Walker.

Finally, the ridicule for giving this story any credence is equally gullible. Look at the language. Look at what has not been said versus other rumours. Yesterday's story included, IMO, source 'reasons' from both camps in the press propaganda waffle. No smoke without fire, but he is our player and will remain as such until Poch decides otherwise.

To be honest mate i do not believe ( or at least i have never met any) that fans are naive and think that all top players are not tapped up. However there are always paper stories, teletext rubbish, blog rumours etc suggesting that players are unhappy, fed up, wanted by uncle tom cobbly and all. I think what i and other are saying that in the majority of cases they are nothing but flimflam but there are some fans who SEEM to believe everything they read and because of that get their knickers in a twist.

Do i think Walker will leave in the summer? to be honest i have no idea but i could say that about lots of players, but what i will not do is get carried away by rumours usually written to fill papers.

To be honest mate i do not believe ( or at least i have never met any) that fans are naive and think that all top players are not tapped up. However there are always paper stories, tacoter rubbish, blog rumours etc suggesting that players are unhappy, fed up, wanted by uncle tom cobbly and all. I think what i and other are saying that in the majority of cases they are nothing but flimflam but there are some fans who SEEM to believe everything they read and because of that get their knickers in a twist.

Do i think Walker will leave in the summer? to be honest i have no idea but i could say that about lots of players, but what i will not do is get carried away by rumours usually written to fill papers.

Fair enough, and for the larger part it is indeed on point to see stories that are simply 'agent knicker hitching' and mischevious gossip. Occasionally though (and sadly) there is grist for the mill (whatever that actually is!)...but yes, there are going to be many rumours and most will be brick.

Indeed, good point on the bonus schemes Steff. I've often thought there's no way we pay as little as we publicly say we do to some of our stars. I do wonder if maybe it suits Levy to allow these 'Kane on 80k a week' story to appear in the press, as it furthers his image as a tough negotiator, and who knows maybe helps with our cost of capital.

There is no doubt that at some point we will have to raise the basic wage. That is going to happen. But yes - I suspect our bonus scheme is among the most aggressive.

There is no doubt that at some point we will have to raise the basic wage. That is going to happen. But yes - I suspect our bonus scheme is among the most aggressive.

As Milo pointed out, paying bonuses in the UK is categorised as wages. Bankers getting around paying tax means all companies paying bonuses have to treat them like normal salary. So our wage data will include bonuses. Not that we pay that low anyway, we have what the 5th or 6th highest wage bill right?

Last edited:
When Poch denies these stories as lies on Thursday and says Walker is going nowhere, will some of you be apologising to Kyle Walker?

And more importantly will you take a long look in the mirror and address how easily some of you are taken in :)

Let me break it to you, bucko - anyone taking a view about what might happen should Walker be off is fully entitled to their opinion. It's not your job to schitt on people for that.

The Game Is About Glory - as someone famously quipped and that we all love to believe - and then it's about the bottom line.

We're the best-run club in England, maybe all of Europe. If we keep Walker, great. Love to have him back to make his solid contributions to art of tattooing and the war of attrition that every big game has become. But he's hardly a human highlight reel and for all the good positions he gets into, doesn't exactly stroke the ball like he's Tom Huddlestone with wheels.

I've said earlier, always better to dump talent a year too soon than a year too late. Walker's checkered past with injuries hardly insulates him from fan speculation. Ride the waves with a smile.

As Milo pointed out, paying bonuses in the UK is categorised as wages. Bankers getting around paying tax means all companies paying bonuses have to treat them like normally salary. So our wage data will include bonuses. Not that we pay that low anyway, we have what the 5th or 6th highest wage bill right?

All agreed, but the point is how much we can concentrate a high enough proportion of our total salary spend in the core of the few key performaners so that they aren't earning that much less than they could at our rivals.

Lots and lots of speculation. We don't know that there is a big issue between Walker and Poch. Walker didn't play well against Palace, and if Poch is true to his philosophy, Trippier should get the place. Poch doesn't show favouritism, and tells players they get in the team on merit. Maybe that unsettled Walker, and he said look I lose my rhythm rotating so much or...it suits everyone that he is sold for a big fee...

We certainly don't know his pace will wane, most will keep their pace until 30, and these next years will be his peak years as a player...

Ive not speculated anything other than I think his pace will drop as he gets older. The crux of my post is that Poch will deal with it if there is an issue and that we will survive because our whole being isn't dependant on one RB. I'm not saying there is a problem just stating that overall if he needs to be sold it isn't the end of the world and it will be on our terms.

Trippier is good, but he is not as good as Walker.

IF Walker wants to move back oop north.

The most important issue is... do we have a replacement in mind, already tapped up and gagging to come?

E.g. I have no idea who the right backs are for Porto, Lisbon, Lyon, Monaco, Deportivo, Ajax, Bremen, Salzburg etc etc etc but hopefully someone at the club knows a good player and can assess the risks and relative values.

Walker has been and is brilliant for us - he dominates his entire wing, up and down like an express train, so he would be a very big loss IMO.

Trippier is good, but he is not as good as Walker.

The gap between these two is not as marked these days.
I think Trippier is different but not necessarily worse than Walker....
Kyle is fast yes but he not as good in his delivery. Swings and roundabouts as they say.

I'm not sure there is room in the squad for us to continue with both sadly, KWP is also sitting in the wings......

The gap between these two is not as marked these days.
I think Trippier is different but not necessarily worse than Walker....
Kyle is fast yes but he not as good in his delivery. Swings and roundabouts as they say.

I'm not sure there is room in the squad for us to continue with both sadly, KWP is also sitting in the wings......
KWP is a talented dribbler, but I fear he is too weak / young / undeveloped for the Premier League, he would get smashed to pieces by some of the Prem strikers

As the other guy said with the old man avatar, this story is completely fabricated.

There has been no argument and he is not leaving.

This story is simply this months danny rose and the month before that it was Toby and the month before that it was Dier and the month before that it was Poch and before that it was Eriksen and before that it was Kane.

Yawn I'm going to bed.

Ive not speculated anything other than I think his pace will drop as he gets older. The crux of my post is that Poch will deal with it if there is an issue and that we will survive because our whole being isn't dependant on one RB. I'm not saying there is a problem just stating that overall if he needs to be sold it isn't the end of the world and it will be on our terms.

I think the bigger concern is not tat the club cannot manage without Walker but rather that some people feel that if Walker is seen earning between £150-200K a week at another club next season then the likes of Rose, Toby, Dele, Kane et al may decide they want a piece of that.

As the other guy said with the old man avatar, this story is completely fabricated.

There has been no argument and he is not leaving.

This story is simply this months danny rose and the month before that it was Toby and the month before that it was Dier and the month before that it was Poch and before that it was Eriksen and before that it was Kane.

Yawn I'm going to bed.

There are people who are a lot better connected than you and I saying otherwise. I don't know whether he will go or not but on balance, it seems that there may be a little more behind this story than many.

If any player is to dumb to realise that the future is here then they are welcome to go.
But they will go on our terms.

And no, I have no sympathy for anyone moaning that £70k a fudging week isn't enough money.
I still reckon it's little more than press talk, but if it isn't he better choose his next club very carefully, I would be willing bet at least one of the Manc clubs will change manager before the end if next season and who's to say the new manager will fancy him.

Back