• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Every team needs to refresh each season, and we need to sell to buy, to keep the net spend zero. Out of all our 'jewels', which one would you rather sell to raise money, which would impact the least on our squad? Probably Walker or Lamela for me (not that I want either to go).

I agree. But I think we should keep Walker at all costs unless he kicks up a fuss. Poch can be ruthless so maybe there's been some words said.

As for Lamela, I can't see who he would replace in any team or formation whether that is 3-4-2-1 or 4-2-3-1

I think at the crux of all this "Walker has fallen out with MoPo and now wants to leave talk" is whatever the REAL reason why he was left out of the FA Cup semifinal at Wembley.
Poch has indeed been rotating Walker with Tripper in recent weeks; very admirable and good use of squad - especially given the physical work Walker has put in over the season thus far and the Poch era generally.
After the international break we had 3 games in a week: Burnley A, Swansea A, Watford H
Who did Poch select:
- Burnley: Trippier (made sense, rotation, Trippier return to previous club, Burnley more defensive than other teams)
- Swansea: Walker (made sense, Swansea les good than Burnley but have more pacy, tricky players like Olsson, Routledge etc)
- Watford: Trippier (made sense, rotation, Watford less attacking on his side, plus he usually has had GREAT games against them as eventaully showed)
We then had a week to recuperate before we played Bournemouth at home; Walker started this one, and this made sense as Bournemouth have a good amount of pace and physical strength going forward.

Again we had a week's rest before playing the biggest game of the season vs the team we are chasing at he top of the table. Plus on a bigger pitch. You would have placed loads of bets that Walker would have started this game and maybe to be rotated in midweek away vs Palace (even though that would be more risky given their pacy forwards, you would expect us to dominate possesion a bit more in that one compared to Chelsea and Arsenal) before again returning vs Arsenal a week later.

But as it has turned out Trippier has been rotated so that HE could start both the Chelsea and Arsenal games.

The fact that Poch started vs Chelseas AT WEMBLEY without Walker and when we were already without Rose is the key to all this - Can anybody give a good reason for why Walker was not chosen to play in this showpiece game that IS NOT to do with a bust-up with Poch?

I think Walker is fantastic and I don't want to lose him but if he did leave for City then it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. He would take up a very large chunk of their transfer budget and wouldn't fix their defence. Saying that though, I'd rather he went abroad.

If the rumours of him having a row with Poch are true then I back the manager all day.

743812e6834d9483b44d9aa82f16-grande.jpg

Sell Sissoko. By a good AM. Job done.

We won't be able to buy anyone 2/3s as good as Walker or Lamela. Walker is the best RB in the world under 33 YO.

He is up there with Antonio Valencia IMHO so on that basis he is going to cost City a pretty penny - over to you Danny boy, do your thang...........

I think at the crux of all this "Walker has fallen out with MoPo and now wants to leave talk" is whatever the REAL reason why he was left out of the FA Cup semifinal at Wembley.
Poch has indeed been rotating Walker with Tripper in recent weeks; very admirable and good use of squad - especially given the physical work Walker has put in over the season thus far and the Poch era generally.
After the international break we had 3 games in a week: Burnley A, Swansea A, Watford H
Who did Poch select:
- Burnley: Trippier (made sense, rotation, Trippier return to previous club, Burnley more defensive than other teams)
- Swansea: Walker (made sense, Swansea les good than Burnley but have more pacy, tricky players like Olsson, Routledge etc)
- Watford: Trippier (made sense, rotation, Watford less attacking on his side, plus he usually has had GREAT games against them as eventaully showed)
We then had a week to recuperate before we played Bournemouth at home; Walker started this one, and this made sense as Bournemouth have a good amount of pace and physical strength going forward.

Again we had a week's rest before playing the biggest game of the season vs the team we are chasing at he top of the table. Plus on a bigger pitch. You would have placed loads of bets that Walker would have started this game and maybe to be rotated in midweek away vs Palace (even though that would be more risky given their pacy forwards, you would expect us to dominate possesion a bit more in that one compared to Chelsea and Arsenal) before again returning vs Arsenal a week later.

But as it has turned out Trippier has been rotated so that HE could start both the Chelsea and Arsenal games.

The fact that Poch started vs Chelseas AT WEMBLEY without Walker and when we were already without Rose is the key to all this - Can anybody give a good reason for why Walker was not chosen to play in this showpiece game that IS NOT to do with a bust-up with Poch?

Fatigue. Walkers has played more minutes over the last 3 years than anyone else in our squad, including no break last summer.

He definitely isnt happy, end of the game sunday ripped off his arm tape, and walked straight off the pitch shaking head, which isnt like him.

Having said that, we obviously need to up the pay of a few players and increasing his, whilst Poch sits down and takes him through the physical data and tells him that he was protecting him as he is so important and this could get solved.

The team on friday will tell us everything, if poch wants to keep him and this its recoverable he will start.

The science says at the climax of the season all the good work done so far should lead to not playing the first choice right-back in the most important games?

I don't get it either mate. There's a time and a place to play Trippier, I think he was very good yesterday but I would be annoyed if I were Walker. Don't forget it's not just the Arsenal game he wasn't picked for, Poch played Trippier against Monaco away, bet that didn't go down well.

Regardless of the potential fee, we need keep our best players, selling anyone to the likes of Emirates Marketing Project would send out the wrong message.

He definitely isnt happy, end of the game sunday ripped off his arm tape, and walked straight off the pitch shaking head, which isnt like him.

Having said that, we obviously need to up the pay of a few players and increasing his, whilst Poch sits down and takes him through the physical data and tells him that he was protecting him as he is so important and this could get solved.

The team on friday will tell us everything, if poch wants to keep him and this its recoverable he will start.

Oh yeah, i was at the front row to the left of the dugout and i noticed some of this, just looking up as he ripped that arm tape (wasn't sure hat that was at the time)...hmmm...i wonder whether he was getting any chat from fans the other end at all? Snubbed in any group hugs??
Just trying to clutch any straws lol

I don't get it either mate. There's a time and a place to play Trippier, I think he was very good yesterday but I would be annoyed if I were Walker. Don't forget it's not just the Arsenal game he wasn't picked for, Poch played Trippier against Monaco away, bet that didn't go down well.

Regardless of the potential fee, we need keep our best players, selling anyone to the likes of Emirates Marketing Project would send out the wrong message.

Yeah definitely wouldn't want to sell to City; however, the Monaco game was just before the Chelsea game at the bridge; i can sort of understand that moment of rotation to bias it towards Walker playing Chelsea who were even more rampant then than they are now...not playing Walker vs Chelsea this time was almost weirdly the reverse!

Oh yeah, i was at the front row to the left of the dugout and i noticed some of this, just looking up as he ripped that arm tape (wasn't sure hat that was at the time)...hmmm...i wonder whether he was getting any chat from fans the other end at all? Snubbed in any group hugs??
Just trying to clutch any straws lol
My bro went to the Bournemouth game at the Lane in a corporate box the other week (whilst we went in our usual seats) and he saw Kyle Walker after the game and said "Kyle Walker, hello mate" his response was "yeh whatever" to my brother and shook his hand. He said they were his exact words. I don't think he is happy at all at the moment. not something you should say to a fan and probably wouldn't if you were all good. Maybe reading too much into it?

My bro went to the Bournemouth game at the Lane in a corporate box the other week (whilst we went in our usual seats) and he saw Kyle Walker after the game and said "Kyle Walker, hello mate" his response was "yeh whatever" to my brother and shook his hand. He said they were his exact words. I don't think he is happy at all at the moment. not something you should say to a fan and probably wouldn't if you were all good. Maybe reading too much into it?

Good ITK! Hmm, doesn't sound good and puts a different spin on Poch not selecting him vs Chelsea actually...thanks for sharing...

Maybe his head is not right because of something away from footy?
My only worry, is i'm sure he has the same agent as Rose...

He got jealous of trippier and his plaudits threw his dummy out and poch fluffy bunnies cuddlingd him out looking for a swap for ianacho and 50mil

Back