• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Dont want to see him go however if we get £50m for him, spend £25m on a top replacement and £25m on a decent centre back then perhaps its not the end of the world.

Shame given that he's one of our longest serving players

Just as his own song is starting to get traction.
Ungrateful so and so!

If its true that he has actually argued with Poch about not being picked for the SF then well, we know what Poch thinks about dissent and being paid to train first and foremost. I hope it's not true but the noises are getting louder.

If its true that he has actually argued with Poch about not being picked for the SF then well, we know what Poch thinks about dissent and being paid to train first and foremost. I hope it's not true but the noises are getting louder.

Depending how the argumentation continued. I expect (and Poch also, I hope) every player to complain, to some extent, when they are not picked.

Don't want to see him go but if he does I'm just glad we have the best chairman for dealing with these situations.

If one of the Manc clubs want him, start the bidding at £75m, we are not pressured to accept any bid which doesn't equate to at least 10-15% of the cost per the new stadium.
One of the best RB's in world football.

If (big if) this is all true and we end up selling him, we could do a lot worse than look at Benjamin Heinrichs of Bayer Leverkusen as a replacement. Still only 20, but is a rapidly rising star in Germany, and a player who kept us very quiet in both of our CL encounters with them, while getting forward quite a bit to boot. He's essentially an RB, but Roger Schmidt basically played him all over the field because of his versatility, and that's left him with a frightening amount of tactical utility (including the ability to play for long spells at left-back if necessary) - crucial in a constantly adaptive team like ours, and a mirror of Dier's role as a CB-slash-DM in the middle of the park. He's very well attuned to our style of play (since Schmidt basically used the same brutally intense pressing system but with even less defensive solidity :p ), and given his age, he could easily be molded by Poch into whatever sort of player he prefers him to be.

He's very highly rated, apparently - however, he's very acquirable, because Leverkusen are currently struggling in lower mid-table (actually are just six points off the relegation spots at the moment, having sacked the aforementioned Schmidt and brought in some gimp who can't manage to save his life) and we likely will have a relationship with them due to the Son deal last August. Plus, they're not likely to ask for crazy money, although they might possibly be reluctant to sell if they're raided for *all* their stars this summer (Heinrichs, Leno, Tah, Brandt, Toprak, Wendell, Hernandez - they weren't supposed to be *this* bad)

Get him if (if) Walker leaves - get Jonathan Tah as well, and we're basically set as far as our defense goes. ;) We could then bed Heinrichs in for a year while relying on Trippier to be first choice and giving KWP occasional minutes (which would be easier given that we could play Heinrichs at LB or even as a DM to accommodate both him and KWP/Trippier if necessary), and then transition to having Heinrichs + KWP as our two RB options come 2018.

Oh, and *if* Walker ends up going to Bayern or another overseas club, we might get 35-45m for him - we should probably go down that route instead of selling domestically, since that would set a precedent and all the vultures would start banging at our door.

Would be more concerned if there had been any quotes from Walker or his agent but so far nothing so hopefully just media speculation. As always the press in this country believe that as soon as Spurs have a top player then we will sell to the likes of Man United, Emirates Marketing Project or Chelsea. In reality, I believe that now we would only sell to another top English club if the deal was right for us, which would probably mean another player from the club included in the deal.

In my opinion, Walker continues to be considerably better than Trippier, particularly when defending against a wide man with pace. While Trippier is a better crosser he loses out on pace and physical strength when compared to Walker and I don't really see him as a long term first choice.

Walker's form over the last few matches has definitely suffered a downturn but I would still expect him to start against West Ham on Friday, hopefully with Rose as his full back partner

If (big if) this is all true and we end up selling him, we could do a lot worse than look at Benjamin Heinrichs of Bayer Leverkusen as a replacement. Still only 20, but is a rapidly rising star in Germany, and a player who kept us very quiet in both of our CL encounters with them, while getting forward quite a bit to boot. He's essentially an RB, but Roger Schmidt basically played him all over the field because of his versatility, and that's left him with a frightening amount of tactical utility (including the ability to play for long spells at left-back if necessary) - crucial in a constantly adaptive team like ours, and a mirror of Dier's role as a CB-slash-DM in the middle of the park. He's very well attuned to our style of play (since Schmidt basically used the same brutally intense pressing system but with even less defensive solidity :p ), and given his age, he could easily be molded by Poch into whatever sort of player he prefers him to be.

He's very highly rated, apparently - however, he's very acquirable, because Leverkusen are currently struggling in lower mid-table (actually are just six points off the relegation spots at the moment, having sacked the aforementioned Schmidt and brought in some gimp who can't manage to save his life) and we likely will have a relationship with them due to the Son deal last August. Plus, they're not likely to ask for crazy money, although they might possibly be reluctant to sell if they're raided for *all* their stars this summer (Heinrichs, Leno, Tah, Brandt, Toprak, Wendell, Hernandez - they weren't supposed to be *this* bad)

Get him if (if) Walker leaves - get Jonathan Tah as well, and we're basically set as far as our defense goes. ;) We could then bed Heinrichs in for a year while relying on Trippier to be first choice and giving KWP occasional minutes (which would be easier given that we could play Heinrichs at LB or even as a DM to accommodate both him and KWP/Trippier if necessary), and then transition to having Heinrichs + KWP as our two RB options come 2018.

Oh, and *if* Walker ends up going to Bayern or another overseas club, we might get 35-45m for him - we should probably go down that route instead of selling domestically, since that would set a precedent and all the vultures would start banging at our door.

Nice. I have to believe if we sell him domestically, it's because we're pretty sure he's on the way down and we're getting the high end of the deal. This idea that Emirates Marketing Project are confident is all well and good for them, but we all know what Levy is like.

Hopefully we sell him abroad.

Always felt without Toby, Rose, Dembele and Kane we would struggle, those guys are irreplaceable with out current squad. Losing Walker we have Trippier who is more than good enough. Any other Prem team Trippier would play every week.

The question for me is simple. Would we weaken the team by selling Walker and the answer is undoubtedly yes.
Hopefully talk of him leaving is just the usual transfer gossip nonsense.

Last edited:
The question for me simple. Would we weaken the team by selling Walker and the answer is undoubtedly yes.
Hopefully talk of him leaving is just the usual transfer gossip nonsense.

The fuller question would take consideration of who replaces him - whether it'd be Trippier or a new signing.

Pochettino recently emphasised that no-one is sold unless he/the club wants to sell them.

Pochettino recently emphasised that no-one is sold unless he/the club wants to sell them.

Yes, feels like that was said with Walker in mind. You can read it either way though. Ultimately if he wnats to go and we can get the best part of £50m from Barca or Bayern, then we probably have to cash in and move on. Disappointing development nonetheless

I think Walker is fantastic and I don't want to lose him but if he did leave for City then it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. He would take up a very large chunk of their transfer budget and wouldn't fix their defence. Saying that though, I'd rather he went abroad.

If the rumours of him having a row with Poch are true then I back the manager all day.

Every team needs to refresh each season, and we need to sell to buy, to keep the net spend zero. Out of all our 'jewels', which one would you rather sell to raise money, which would impact the least on our squad? Probably Walker or Lamela for me (not that I want either to go).

Every team needs to refresh each season, and we need to sell to buy, to keep the net spend zero. Out of all our 'jewels', which one would you rather sell to raise money, which would impact the least on our squad? Probably Walker or Lamela for me (not that I want either to go).

Sell Sissoko. By a good AM. Job done.

We won't be able to buy anyone 2/3s as good as Walker or Lamela. Walker is the best RB in the world under 33 YO.

If this comes to pass then I would think that selling (particularly to a domestic rival) is really going to send the media into a feeding frenzy with regards to our players - the 'Spurs as a selling club' narrative will go into overdrive again. The last week seems to have seen this beginning to bubble up anyhow, even before there was anything to really talk about.

There seems to be too much noise from too many different sources for this not to have a basis now - and the silence from Walker adds fuel. He could, after all, shut it down with one tweet.

I have every faith in Poch and Levy to handle it...but it is beginning to look as if it is going to need handling.

Back