• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kit Thread

Based on that, I would expect us to use the corporate blue. But HP are paying for it - they make think that colour makes the logo get lost in the shirt.

The club / Under Armour would have no say. HP have branding guidelines that dictate exactly how their logo can and cannot be used. They would like have a primary colour, secondary colour and one colour/black version. If navy blue doesn't fit that, then navy blue won't be used.

Edit: their colours are on page 30 of this guide: http://ctl.tpu.ru/files/casebrandbookHP.pdf

No navy blue, but black would make sense.

See Liverpool and Standard Chartered post above for another perspective. Like many things in life, its all down to the money.

Last edited:
See Liverpool and Standard Chartered post above for another perspective

You can't compare branding guidelines. Standard Chartered might have scope in their guidelines allowing for modifications like that. They might not even have guidelines. HP do and they spell out exactly how their brand is to be used.

You can't compare branding guidelines. Standard Chartered might have scope in their guidelines allowing for modifications like that. They might not even have guidelines. HP do and they spell out exactly how their brand is to be used.

I know for a fact that my companies branding will always have to be the colour of the specific blue. We have a 100 page document on how our formatting etc should be and what it incorporates. There can be decisions mae outside that scope im sute though especially where millions of pounds are concerned.

it was part of the negotiations for sure. the modified logo is not used anywhere else.

Perhaps Standard wanted their logo like that because they thought it looked better? The change in font size compared to the logo surely wasn't something Liverpool pushed.

Liverpool might have wanted the colour change, but surely it might also just have been that Standard thought it looked better like that on the shirt so they wanted it like that?

For the amounts talked about for the Standard deal I think they could have put (essentially) whatever they wanted on the shirts.

I know for a fact that my companies branding will always have to be the colour of the specific blue. We have a 100 page document on how our formatting etc should be and what it incorporates. There can be decisions mae outside that scope im sute though especially where millions of pounds are concerned.

Yeah, surely in deals like these when we're talking some of the biggest and most important sponsorship agreements these companies will make the people involved in making these deals are more the people that wrote the handbooks rather than those that have to read it to figure out what's what.

Yep but HP might not feel that way, especially when it's them parting with the millions of pounds.

Yeah, surely in deals like these when we're talking some of the biggest and most important sponsorship agreements these companies will make the people involved in making these deals are more the people that wrote the handbooks rather than those that have to read it to figure out what's what.

Exactly and will most probably involve agreement by the Board etc. Having sai dthat I would find it hard to imagine that for example Pepsi would not use blue and red as their logo as the colour is their branding. I think personally to some companies the colour is essential as without the colour you wouldnt know the logo for example a black golden arches wouldnt signal mcdonalds as well as the golden arches

I do like the HP on graphite look though - that is really sexy actually.

Yep but HP might not feel that way, especially when it's them parting with the millions of pounds.

Caught this shirt with yellow HP logo on the train today. So logo color is allowed to change based on the overall design of the clothes.

yellow-hp.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Maybe the shirts were Made with the light one in case they was leaked? But they will change it for the reveal tomorrow... That's what I'm hoping anyway

they do use different colours, all the laserjet documentation has an orange on white logo these days, it was green a few years back

If they pay us enough, they can put whatever colour they want on out shirts. But it has to be worth their while, has to be worth our while.

Out of interest, who would accept a three year deal, cash up-front £1billion deal with Coca-Cola if it meant we had to wear red shirts at home?

"Did that creepy guy just take a picture of us?"
"I don't know just keep your head down and avoid eye contact"

Back