• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kevin Wimmer

Wimmer was solid, his big issue (complaint) is he over pressured some players (especially outside our third/midfield area) that led to silly fouls. Gave opposition a few free kicks that we could do without, also another day he would have been booked.

Felt with Jan/toby they alternate who goes forward, seemed to me, Toby did all the forward work today (makes sense).

Think Wimmer just needs to settle, cut the fouls out and he should be ok.

Anyone see Alli's tweet ... the Wimmer, Wimmer, chicken dinner one? ... guys obviously have fun ...
Agreed. I thought he clattered into Naismith a bit too hard in the box, went through Naismith to head (shoulder) the ball, but as Toby was also in attendance the ref let it go. Thankfully.

He is very strong and broad shouldered so he fancies a battle and needs to learn when to fight vs when to jockey them away

Agreed. I thought he clattered into Naismith a bit too hard in the box, went through Naismith to head (shoulder) the ball, but as Toby was also in attendance the ref let it go. Thankfully.

He is very strong and broad shouldered so he fancies a battle and needs to learn when to fight vs when to jockey them away

Could've easily been a penalty that. Thankfully not.

Agreed with other posters, apart from a few silly fouls, I think he did very well defensively. Not too worried about him not going forward as much as Jan, as he settles more, he will be more confident doing that as well. Defensive duties first and foremost.

how could it have been a penalty - I just don't see it - Naismith was throwing himself to the floor at every opportunity and moaning to the ref - does not mean he should get a pen.

how could it have been a penalty - I just don't see it - Naismith was throwing himself to the floor at every opportunity and moaning to the ref - does not mean he should get a pen.
I thought it looked to be just as good a penalty case as ours for Alli.... Something that wouldn't usually be awarded on a normal night, but when the ref has already given a soft one to the away team is given 8 times out of 10. If we had been playing Man Utd at Old Trafford then we would not have won a penalty last night and they would've won one.

He did well and he will learn the more he plays what the refs here will pick up on, he is only 23 and has played less then 50 games at the top level ( here and Germany). From what I have seen of him so far has been good and he looks a calm player who will soon learn.

I thought it looked to be just as good a penalty case as ours for Alli.... Something that wouldn't usually be awarded on a normal night, but when the ref has already given a soft one to the away team is given 8 times out of 10. If we had been playing Man Utd at Old Trafford then we would not have won a penalty last night and they would've won one.

Two completely different scenarios. Ours was for a tackle with the ball on the ground/waist height whereby you cannot play the player to get to the ball, their shout was for a ball to be headed and you can jump and win the header without giving away a foul even by making contact with another player.

But that is only my qualified referees opinion.

Two completely different scenarios. Ours was for a tackle with the ball on the ground/waist height whereby you cannot play the player to get to the ball, their shout was for a ball to be headed and you can jump and win the header without giving away a foul even by making contact with another player.

My thoughts as well.

I thought it was quite clear from the replays that Wimmer mistimed his header, clattered into Naysmith's back/side first, and then hit the ball with his shoulder. Had he won the header there would be no discussion, but he didn't, and IMO we were a tad lucky the ref didn't award them a penalty there.

I think Naysmith's constant over acting in the box in the first half had something to do with that decision. He had been trying too hard to con the ref already for him to get the benefit of the doubt in that situation.

That's just my (admittedly) quite unqualified opinion! :D

Eager to impress perhaps?

I caught the last half hour but the game looked dead and buried by then so I couldn't really make a judgement on anyone but as someone said earlier, he doesn't worry me when he's on the field like Fazio and so many centre backs before him have. That clean sheet will do him the world of good.

Absolutely, think the speed that Poch requires you to press often (in the beginning) causes players to get close to opponent quickly and until you get the timing can cause silly fouls (early Lamela is easy example)

Absolutely, think the speed that Poch requires you to press often (in the beginning) causes players to get close to opponent quickly and until you get the timing can cause silly fouls (early Lamela is easy example)

Spot on.

Just to clarify do you mean the beginning of a match or the beginning of the players time playing in the team/squad generally?

Just to clarify do you mean the beginning of a match or the beginning of the players time playing in the team/squad generally?

I may be wrong but I believe he means the style he plays, for Wimmer and others who have not played that before it can be difficult to adapt to. A pressing game is not all about steaming in and getting stuck in there is a art to it especially getting a whole team to play that way. As I said earlier Wimmer has played very little at the top level and if he has not been asked to do this before he may/will struggle to adapt.

Deserves a real pat on the back for the way he's stepped in with Vertonghen's injury.

Will be a fantastic test for him up against Aguero and Emirates Marketing Project. Not a better striker around in the league when even close to form and he's looked good recently. Will be a very different challenge to that posed by Norwich and Watford. And even if City are off form we all know what Aguero can do individually from just about nothing.

How did the Foxes stop Aguero?

Didnt somebody nobble him early doors. Listening to the commentary on the radio driving to the match it sounded like he was going to go off at one stage.

Still managed a goal at the death though, so I suppose technically they didnt stop him completely

Didnt somebody nobble him early doors. Listening to the commentary on the radio driving to the match it sounded like he was going to go off at one stage.

Still managed a goal at the death though, so I suppose technically they didnt stop him completely

I think he may have done it himself. Looked like he might have pulled something IIRC.

Both of his last two games he has struggled fitness wise to remain on the pitch.

Still very untested due to our overall dominance in the two games hes started, not convinced as yet. Think he may lack the pace to deal with the top boys, Aguero 1 on 1 isnt something we need to see too often. However the way we defend as a team will hopefully not allow this to happen. Big game this for Dier, can he control the game from that deep lying role?

Back