• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kevin Wimmer

I thought Wimmer looked quite quick. More a case of catching the Lamela trait of overzealous tackling as noted above. He's so eager to do well, he flies in too rapidly, when keeping a bit more composure is needed. But he's stepped up, and he's a good 3rd choice CB who Poch can rely on.

I thought Wimmer looked quite quick. More a case of catching the Lamela trait of overzealous tackling as noted above. He's so eager to do well, he flies in too rapidly, when keeping a bit more composure is needed. But he's stepped up, and he's a good 3rd choice CB who Poch can rely on.

And thank Hodd he has Alderweireld to play next to. Imagine if he had Fazio!

Said it when Verts got injured and loads on here were saying its a massive loss, it wouldn't be that big a deal as Wimmer is a composed player and very solid understudy. If it was Toby that was the one to get injured I wouldn't feel so comfortable....

This guy is our stand in centreback and has little experience of this league, what do people expect Franz Beckenbauer or Baresi to be sitting on the bench for us?. Lets be positive about our players and look what they can do and not go on about what they MIGHT not be good at.

He was very composed today. I'm not sure if he was at fault for their goal, but he hardly put a foot wrong in the biggest match of the season so far against a top quality attacking team and with barely a handful of games to settle in. What a signing!

It's my view that at the very least, Rose and Wimmer should've figured out who was marking Iheanacho, but in the end I'm not sure if Toby and Kevin should've both been marking Aguero when someone was making a central run into the box.
Of course, I thought he was solid throughout the match and he's not going to avoid making any mistakes in his career. Very pleased with his performances so far.

It's my view that at the very least, Rose and Wimmer should've figured out who was marking Iheanacho, but in the end I'm not sure if Toby and Kevin should've both been marking Aguero when someone was making a central run into the box.
Of course, I thought he was solid throughout the match and he's not going to avoid making any mistakes in his career. Very pleased with his performances so far.

yeah, that was a mess, at first I thought it was Rose but why would he be detailed a CF?

yeah, that was a mess, at first I thought it was Rose but why would he be detailed a CF?

In defence you mark who you have to, in certain situations you end up being near players you don't expect to be in that position, it not a case of why Rose would be detailed to any particular player but the situation.

Not only was he outstanding but it was his THIRD PL game, the first one against a serious top side.

And he only cost £4m.

Look at the serious £ that some sides spunk on centre halves in the hope of finding a good one.

He'd also only had one particularly note-worthy season, at the bottom of the German league. That's some proper decent scouting.

I love his blend of toughness and composure.

He'd also only had one particularly note-worthy season, at the bottom of the German league. That's some proper decent scouting.

I love his blend of toughness and composure.

The other thing is there are plenty of defenders around that are good at just that, defending, but he is also very good on the ball, composed, no panicking which is whats needed for the way we play.

Truly superb scouting which is not something historically we have been strong on!

Not only was he outstanding but it was his THIRD PL game, the first one against a serious top side.

And he only cost £4m.

Look at the serious £ that some sides spunk on centre halves in the hope of finding a good one.

Like £60m+ on Otamendi and Mangala :D

Bargains can be had with the right scouting

Kante was the ever player on the pitch in the Arse game and cost less than any Arse player

Back