• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kevin Wimmer

Looks better and better.

Liked how he would just stand and battle with Ulloa and win duels. That takes a lot of strength. Not sure we've seen him exposed and/or show his pace yet, but at the very least he doesn't seem slow.

Started alongside a new and inexperienced CB partner, new goalie behind him and the young and Bentaleb&Carroll ahead of him - both also young and Bentaleb lacking match fitness. Didn't seem to faze Wimmer him at all.

He's definitely the Jan understudy. Jan is 28 and Wimmer 22, so I can see him being our main CB in 2-3 years, while getting more and more game time in the process.

I can't understand all the brick about him being put out on loan this January. I mean this is why you have a solid backup CB, someone you can rely on should the worst happen.

I can't understand all the brick about him being put out on loan this January. I mean this is why you have a solid backup CB, someone you can rely on should the worst happen.

I've not heard any of that talk, where's that from? Mental thinking, even before Jans injury.

The Schalke chairman is in the papers saying they are in advanced talks with us over a loan for Wimmer, which I would guess isn't going to happen now Verts has an injury. I doubt Poch would've been happy about that either unless of course the Schalke chairman was just throwing the name out there to appease the fans.

Must have been flimflam anyway, Wimmer would be getting a fair amount of games even without Verts possible injury. No way we'd be so shortsighted to have either Fazio coming in or taking Dier from where he has made such an impact.

I think that was always just rumours... Seemed pretty clear in the recent cup games that he was given game time as our 3rd/first backup centre back. No way we were going to let him go on a loan...

I think that was always just rumours... Seemed pretty clear in the recent cup games that he was given game time as our 3rd/first backup centre back. No way we were going to let him go on a loan...

Agreed. Would be completely brainless (excuse the pun) to loan him out, even if Jan was fit and not injured for the rest of the season! I like defenders that stick to the basics and don't try fancy dan brick and put the team in trouble.

Good for Wimmer and Alderwiereld to get a clean sheet under their belts tonight.
For those who watched it how did Wimmer play and how was the partnership alongside Alderwiereld?
What were the differences you could see between this partnership and our usual one, plus what may need to be worked on going forward?

Good for Wimmer and Alderwiereld to get a clean sheet under their belts tonight.
For those who watched it how did Wimmer play and how was the partnership alongside Alderwiereld?
What were the differences you could see between this partnership and our usual one, plus what may need to be worked on going forward?

Wimmer was solid, his big issue (complaint) is he over pressured some players (especially outside our third/midfield area) that led to silly fouls. Gave opposition a few free kicks that we could do without, also another day he would have been booked.

Felt with Jan/toby they alternate who goes forward, seemed to me, Toby did all the forward work today (makes sense).

Think Wimmer just needs to settle, cut the fouls out and he should be ok.

Anyone see Alli's tweet ... the Wimmer, Wimmer, chicken dinner one? ... guys obviously have fun ...

Most of the fouls came against the big lump playing up front for Norwich. Stopped him getting involved.

Wimmer was solid, his big issue (complaint) is he over pressured some players (especially outside our third/midfield area) that led to silly fouls. Gave opposition a few free kicks that we could do without, also another day he would have been booked.

Felt with Jan/toby they alternate who goes forward, seemed to me, Toby did all the forward work today (makes sense).

Think Wimmer just needs to settle, cut the fouls out and he should be ok.

Anyone see Alli's tweet ... the Wimmer, Wimmer, chicken dinner one? ... guys obviously have fun ...

Eager to impress perhaps?

I caught the last half hour but the game looked dead and buried by then so I couldn't really make a judgement on anyone but as someone said earlier, he doesn't worry me when he's on the field like Fazio and so many centre backs before him have. That clean sheet will do him the world of good.

Back