• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I can't blame Mourinho for the result and he is dead right to be critical of the individual mistakes for costing us the game - i think it's wrong to blame the defense or individuals in games when we aren't creating at the other end but that wasn't the case today, he set us up with the right intent and the players in possession done the business, only for the defence to throw it away time after time. So this one, for once, is on them.

Last edited:
Edit : HOWEVER (and i expect some pelters here) i think the fact the response is always to be tactically more defensive in response to such poor performances means that the players never actually learn how to improve their game/play as a unit in a more expressive team - we'll likely see a response similar to that of the West Ham game, super low block, bodies behind the ball - and then goals conceded will go down and eventually so will goals scored and then we'll be back to square 1. We need to work on the team on training field, not retreat in to our shells at the first sign of a wobble.

Edit : HOWEVER (and i expect some pelters here) i think the fact the response is always to be tactically more defensive in response to such poor performances means that the players never actually learn how to improve their game - we'll likely see a response similar to that of the West Ham game, super low block, bodies behind the ball - goals conceded will go down, eventually so will goals scored and then we'll be back to square 1.

Lets see ..

Edit : HOWEVER (and i expect some pelters here) i think the fact the response is always to be tactically more defensive in response to such poor performances means that the players never actually learn how to improve their game - we'll likely see a response similar to that of the West Ham game, super low block, bodies behind the ball - goals conceded will go down, eventually so will goals scored and then we'll be back to square 1.

it's City next, it would still be a low block had all 9 goals been scored by us tonight

our defence needs to be n+1, where n is the number of defenders we have on the pitch

Really needed a CB last summer. After RB it seemed the biggest priority.
RB wasn’t really a priority. Aurier is a good right back. LB was a bigger priority as Davies has nothing top 10 PL about him and Regulion is a huge upgrade there.

our first two signings in the summer need to be CBs. Tarkowski + 1. Tah could be a decent shout as (I think) Danish has advocated. I’d like us to get Tosin Adarabioyo from Fulham and if we get a player with a good amount of PL experience like Tarkowski then I think we could afford to go with a young player like that.

Last edited:
it's City next, it would still be a low block had all 9 goals been scored by us tonight

our defence needs to be n+1, where n is the number of defenders we have on the pitch

City game in the grand scheme means little atm, i said after West Brom i consider it a free hit for him with Everton & West Ham being the important fixtures to show he can turn around the poor form.

As well we could be in danger of just over analysing a cup game - these sorts of performances crop up from time to time.

Said it in match thread, you can't plan or compensate for 3+ individual fudge ups in a game.

This one is on the errors, the analysis comes with what do you do? do we really call it quits on some of these players this summer?

He needs to be tossed regardless.

But, tbh, this wasn't on him, it was on Lloris, Sanchez, Doherty....and Winks.
And Davies.... that was one of the worst displays of football I have seen from any player, ever. Did nothing defensively and our moves broke down every time he got it in attacking positions.

I think Hojbjerg also has to get pelters tonight. Two goals directly down to him and we were cruising before Everton’s first one.

Said it in match thread, you can't plan or compensate for 3+ individual fudge ups in a game.

This one is on the errors, the analysis comes with what do you do? do we really call it quits on some of these players this summer?

If we stay with Mourinho then yes we probably have to, i don't think he's going to work on the training pitch to make them better players, they either sink or swim in his set up - if they sink he needs new players.

And Davies.... that was one of the worst displays of football I have seen. Did nothing defensively and our moves broke down every time he got it in attacking positions.

I think Hojbjerg also has to get pelters tonight. Two goals directly down to him and we were cruising before Everton’s first one.

Yeah, but Davies has never been anything other than average. He knows it, we know it, club knows it.

First choice is Reggy, always will be - provided he doesn't do foolish things or get injured, both of which he sadly has done.

If we stay with Mourinho then yes we probably have to, i don't think he's going to work on the training pitch to make them better players, they either sink or swim in his set up - if they sink he needs new players.

Not trying to go on a tangent here, but you think another coach can do something with Sanchez, Dier, Winks and Sissoko?

Yeah, but Davies has never been anything other than average. He knows it, we know it, club knows it.

First choice is Reggy, always will be - provided he doesn't do foolish things or get injured, both of which he sadly has done.
Exactly, Davies is a squad player it’s just that Rose committed career suicide and Reguilon seems to have the same fitness as our illustrious Argentines, so Davies has had to play virtually every game for a couple of years.

Busy summer coming up for us this year, we all know we have to get a CB in but we really need to start looking for a keeper. Lloris has been great for us ( imo) only Jennings and Clemence have been better then him but the mistakes are mounting up and i do not see that changing.

Back