• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

People need to ask themselves is it cause our defenders are that good or maybe it's something to do with our formation/tactics.

It sacrifices goals scored but stops us shipping in 4's and 3's.
Its
Because
There
Not
As
Good
As
People
Think
Hence
Why
No
One
Wants
Them

Here we go again ... individual errors cost us the game ... yest again! How is Mourinho responsible for that? He picked a very positive team and our tactics and play in the first 20 odd minutes should have seen us through the tie.

The individual errors with PEH, he had an off game. Lloris I expect better from a keeper of his stature. Sanchez is sanchez.

I’ve been very critical of Jose but not last night. I thought we set up very well and were let down badly by individuals (Hugo, Hjobjerg mainly).

The difference for me between last night and other games is I thought we invited so much pressure in other games that a mistake was inevitable at some stage. Last night, we played really well, they didn’t force the errors with pressure - it was just the stupidity of our players.

Its
Because
There
Not
As
Good
As
People
Think
Hence
Why
No
One
Wants
Them

Slight disagreement on 2 fronts:

1) They're not There
2) Levy won't sell someone if he doesn't believe he gets the value. Let's not forget he's paying Danny Rose's wages STILL because he decided to ask Watford for more money when Rose was there and ready at their training ground and they said no. Idiocy.

Sooner Levy gets over that and realises he has to clear the deadwood regardless, the sooner we'll be on track for things.

Slight disagreement on 2 fronts:

1) They're not There
2) Levy won't sell someone if he doesn't believe he gets the value. Let's not forget he's paying Danny Rose's wages STILL because he decided to ask Watford for more money when Rose was there and ready at their training ground and they said no. Idiocy.

Sooner Levy gets over that and realises he has to clear the deadwood regardless, the sooner we'll be on track for things.
It’s Levy who wants rose out don’t forget

But a clearout isn't going to happen anytime soon, Jose has got to persevere and coach the mistakes out of them.

Last edited:
I said it at the time there's nothing particular impressive about a defence of 8 men not conceding much. If you concede a lot of goals with that setup then you might as well give up.

We didn't start doing that until after the West Ham debacle though, before that we were regularly setup the same as last night but didn't concede many.

We have scored 13 goals in the last 11 league games and people are obsessed with defenders making individual mistakes.

If that's your mindset you have been well and truly Mourinhoed.

We have the second best defensive record in the league. That isn't the problem. And no we haven't been conceding more goals lately. Only 8 from the last 8 in the league.

We conceded 5 goals yesterday and you think our defence isn't a problem?

2nd best defence in the league sounds good until you realize that's 22 in 22 games, so to win on average we have to score 2+ goals a game (we are at 36 in 22)

We make individual mistakes due to an unbalanced CB setup (typically the best defences have players that compensate for each other and usually have one top level that can guide/carry the others), only Sanchez has pace, all are mediocre if not brick in the air, most are too easily bullied and outside of Toby, all the rest have regular brainfarts in them). When you add mediocre FBs (Davies and Doherty) you simply get a poor defensive unit

We didn't start doing that until after the West Ham debacle though, before that we were regularly setup the same as last night and kept a load of clean sheets.
We hadn't kept any clean sheets sheets in the league before the West Ham match, what we did have was an awesome attack that made the opposition worry more about us than we worried about them. The West Ham match seems to have changed the energy of the club, with Mourinho deciding to shore things up at that back which has backfired in terms of points and performances.

We hadn't kept any clean sheets sheets in the league before the West Ham match, what we did have was an awesome attack that made the opposition worry more about us than we worried about them. The West Ham match seems to have changed the energy of the club, with Mourinho deciding to shore things up at that back which has backfired in terms of points and performances.

I changed that to say conceded fewer.

If you can't outscore a defence conceding 1gpg then your prpblems aren't in defense.
Maybe that 1 goal per game is the outlier
I mean people in the past have said we should take outliers out of stats!!!
And of course the reason we have that record is because we defended in the much maligned be hated low block. People wanted the shackles off and we have done that. It then exposes the incompetence of the defence

Maybe that 1 goal per game is the outlier
I mean people in the past have said we should take outliers out of stats!!!
And of course the reason we have that record is because we defended in the much maligned be hated low block. People wanted the shackles off and we have done that. It then exposes the incompetence of the defence
They are incompetent even in the low block so we might as well try and out score the brick teams.

Back