• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Busy summer coming up for us this year, we all know we have to get a CB in but we really need to start looking for a keeper. Lloris has been great for us ( imo) only Jennings and Clemence have been better then him but the mistakes are mounting up and i do not see that changing.

His age, the lure of an easy title with PSG/Poch and our need for a real option/#2 meant it was always likely on the cards. Current form simply makes it easier.

CB/Keeper/RB (Doherty we may need to cut our losses on) and CM

If Jose gets a cup and gives us top 4, sell Lloris, Sanchez, Sissoko, Doherty, Dele, Winks, recall Skipp and buy 3 quality players ..

Not trying to go on a tangent here, but you think another coach can do something with Sanchez, Dier, Winks and Sissoko?

A lot of people were singing Dier and Sissokos praises not so long ago when they wanted to big up Mourinhos impact, now all of a sudden they are the reason he's struggling - things change quickly in football.

I'm just saying if Mourinho can't make it work with them and he is staying then they need replacing regardless

His age, the lure of an easy title with PSG/Poch and our need for a real option/#2 meant it was always likely on the cards. Current form simply makes it easier.

CB/Keeper/RB (Doherty we may need to cut our losses on) and CM

If Jose gets a cup and gives us top 4, sell Lloris, Sanchez, Sissoko, Doherty, Dele, Winks, recall Skipp and buy 3 quality players ..

PSG already have a 34 year old keeper, on their best days Lloris maybe had the edge, but Navas has far fewer bad ones imo.

I think Poch would be making a mistake picking up Hugo.

A lot of people were singing Dier and Sissokos praises not so long ago when they wanted to big up Mourinhos impact, now all of a sudden they are the reason he's struggling - things change quickly in football.

I'm just saying if Mourinho can't make it work with them and he is staying then they need replacing regardless

I think this is one of your argumentative responses mate.

- Nobody praises Sissoko, at best people acknowledge he's a limited player that does what he's told and gives a 100%, almost everyone thinks he's a squad player not a first 11
- Dier has been brick for a long time under Poch, Jose invested in him at our detriment and it seemed to be paying off, but I'd hardly say people were praising him?

We covered this, Toby/Dier/Rodon might work with a top quality CB, Sanchez is shot, there is no functioning pair, it can be papered over when PEH plays well and when Reguilon and Aurier are in the side (their pace makes a difference)

- Nobody praises Sissoko, at best people acknowledge he's a limited player that does what he's told and gives a 400%, almost everyone thinks he's a squad player not a first 11
- Dier has been brick for a long time under Poch, Jose invested in him at our detriment and it seemed to be paying off, but I'd hardly say people were praising him?

We covered this, Toby/Dier/Rodon might work with a top quality CB, Sanchez is shot, there is no functioning pair, it can be papered over when PEH plays well and when Reguilon and Aurier are in the side (their pace makes a difference)

Dier was being tipped as future captain this season when we were getting results, but it's really not something that we need to dwell on as it was only a way of pointing out that Jose himself was making it work with these players not so long ago (so why couldn't another coach, as you asked...)

I don't really disagree with your ratings of the players there - good but not great players that need someone better alongside them.

Dier was being tipped as future captain this season when we were getting results, but it's really not something that we need to dwell on as it was only a way of pointing out that Jose himself was making it work with these players not so long ago (so why couldn't another coach, as you asked...)

I don't really disagree with your ratings of the players there - good but not great players that need someone better alongside them.

Jose getting it working with these players for about 14 games of the 40 or so he has been here for. Think it is the players. Not sold on Mourinho but think it is the players.

Here we go again ... individual errors cost us the game ... yest again! How is Mourinho responsible for that? He picked a very positive team and our tactics and play in the first 20 odd minutes should have seen us through the tie.

The individual errors with PEH, he had an off game. Lloris I expect better from a keeper of his stature. Sanchez is sanchez.

They need replacing
So do a LOT of players
By the end of the summer we could end up with such a churn that we will have about 15 players that have joined since the post CL final window. That’s the kinda number we’re at

I think it's fair to praise them when they do well. Though perhaps they partly did well because the system allowed them to play well and hide some shortcomings.

Perhaps we have a squad with quite a lot of good, but not very good players that don't really fit together into functional unit and that will take time to sort out with a limited transfer budget?

- Nobody praises Sissoko, at best people acknowledge he's a limited player that does what he's told and gives a 400%, almost everyone thinks he's a squad player not a first 11

Quite a few have been praising Sissoko quite a bit more than just that.

I definitely agree with the last paragraph. The pace of Aurier and Reguilon absolutely helps, they're also high intensity players (in part because of their pace) that get close and make things difficult for wingers.

We have scored 13 goals in the last 11 league games and people are obsessed with defenders making individual mistakes.

If that's your mindset you have been well and truly Mourinhoed.

We have the second best defensive record in the league. That isn't the problem. And no we haven't been conceding more goals lately. Only 8 from the last 8 in the league.

If we stay with Mourinho then yes we probably have to, i don't think he's going to work on the training pitch to make them better players, they either sink or swim in his set up - if they sink he needs new players.

What if, shock horror, the players just can't improve anymore?

Jose is to blame for a lot of what we see, but sometimes we have to concede that our players are just not good enough and unfortunately Sanchez, Dier, Winks, Sissoko and a few others just do not have the scope to improve as much as we need them to.

The thing is that each one of those players could leave this club and individually work in a side that supports and works to their strengths, but have more than 2 in the same side and their weaknesses show through, have 4 or 5 in the same side and, well, we have seen what happens then.

We have scored 13 goals in the last 11 league games and people are obsessed with defenders making individual mistakes.

If that's your mindset you have been well and truly Mourinhoed.

We have the second best defensive record in the league. That isn't the problem. And no we haven't been conceding more goals lately. Only 8 from the last 8 in the league.

Why have we got the second best defensive record in the league?

What if, shock horror, the players just can't improve anymore?

Jose is to blame for a lot of what we see, but sometimes we have to concede that our players are just not good enough and unfortunately Sanchez, Dier, Winks, Sissoko and a few others just do not have the scope to improve as much as we need them to.

The thing is that each one of those players could leave this club and individually work in a side that supports and works to their strengths, but have more than 2 in the same side and their weaknesses show through, have 4 or 5 in the same side and, well, we have seen what happens then.
Posted this yesterday
Toby - past it
Hugo - past it
Sissoko - past whatever he had
Davies - not progressed
Dier - not progressed
Sanchez - not progressed
Winks - not progressed
Dele - not progressed

I mean that’s a lot of problems there to me

We either had players who excelled under Poch abs just can’t do it anymore. Ones who are just too old to maintain a level they previously did and others who would energy be starters who just haven’t got any better

Back